Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Album Discussion: The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion

In a blender? I don't hear any screaming...

Comment

this is a very good album!!

I really dislike the full Information though, i liked the single edit way more.

Cartoon Showroom is OK, but pretty low on the list with other boring-ish tracks like Saviour and I Don't KNow

Comment

no one else thinks Gathering Pebbles is pure cheese? hmmm
        - -- --- ----

Comment

Most of the album is... in a good way.

I don't know how I feel about Rushdie's essay. I agree with a lot of things, but in some ways... He takes religious origin stories literally, which I don't think was every the intention. Then again, I guess many religious followers take them literally as well. I guess I think that everyone is missing the point.

Comment

Originally posted by tillybot View Post
            this is a very good album!!

I really dislike the full Information though, i liked the single edit way more.

Cartoon Showroom is OK, but pretty low on the list with other boring-ish tracks like Saviour and I Don't KNow

funny that you dislike 4 out of only 10 full songs on the album and still consider it a very good album.
            ---
            Originally posted by froghawk View Post
            Most of the album is... in a good way.

I don't know how I feel about Rushdie's essay. I agree with a lot of things, but in some ways... He takes religious origin stories literally, which I don't think was every the intention. Then again, I guess many religious followers take them literally as well. I guess I think that everyone is missing the point.
            i don't actually agree with the view point of these lyrics at all, but i still love it. it sounds great that's all i care about really.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree View Post
              I completely disagree about Dino, especially because Mark credited Dino's rhythms as one of the greatest influences on this record. One thing that stands out to me is the fact that they really let Dino play his natural style on this album: in previous records, he wrote a beat and had a few fills but mostly stuck to the basic composition. But live he always improvises and adds flourishes. On this cd, he is unrestrained and changes things up constantly. In fact, as I'm sitting here thinking about it, Dino plays around the beat more than ever before.
              If anybody, I think Drew took a back seat. The bass wasn't very prominent on the initial leak, and it's really not that prominent on this one either. I think he took so many responsibilities that it ends up being a record that very much shows off Dino, Mark and Gavin more so than Drew.
              Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
              Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
                If anybody, I think Drew took a back seat. The bass wasn't very prominent on the initial leak, and it's really not that prominent on this one either. I think he took so many responsibilities that it ends up being a record that very much shows off Dino, Mark and Gavin more so than Drew.
                As far as bass goes, yes. But we all know that the driving line behind "Saviour" is Drew, and so much of the atmospheric stuff is Drew. So, in reality, he's progressed from bassist to multi-instrumentalist.

Shows off his diversity.
                A one track mind in a one way town
                Let's go ahead and gentrify
                We let art die with robot minds
                Steal the brush and paint boundary lines

Comment

Ars Sycro, I am sure in the actual album it will be better.
                  Many friends yet still a loner...

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
                    In a blender? I don't hear any screaming...
                    Add in some Rage Against the Machine to my concoction, too. "Pariah" has Gavin doing a little Zach de la Rocha, and the guitar fits with Morello.
                    A one track mind in a one way town
                    Let's go ahead and gentrify
                    We let art die with robot minds
                    Steal the brush and paint boundary lines

Comment

Three full listens.

F'ing Brilliant... Studio dredg is unreal. Ireland on this album is NOTHING like the live version...

...this album is so solid!!! I'm in love...

I know that I'm excited and probably overly emotional but I'm thinking this might be my favorite dredg album... (yeah, I said it)
                      Originally posted by Ars Sycro
                      I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by amitface View Post
                        no one else thinks Gathering Pebbles is pure cheese? hmmm
                        Not pure cheese, just don't like it that much at this point.

Comment

Gathering Pebbles is one of my instant favourites.
                          Many friends yet still a loner...

Comment

Well I guess I'll have to thank dredgfan001 here since someone <koff> Josh?! closed the "Look What I Have Found" thread. Why exactly?

Anyhoo, a million thanks!
                            The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

As of now, my initial impression is that this album is the most amazing thing I have ever heard in mah life. I have never been so amazed through my first listen of an album as I was today.
                              I can already see a few of the songs becoming my favorite dredg songs period and every other song I would put in my top teir of dredg songs as well. As a whole the album is the most enjoyable for me to listen to all the way through at once as well. I am just throughly pleased and with all the hyping I did for this album in my head, it actually lived up to it and surpassed my expectations.

Comment

Wait. So. My friends and I were listening to Quotes... is the bridge the same as the Canyon Behind Her? And is the Canyon a variation on the Ornament? We all had this revelation and are going crazy. I can't believe what we heard this evening. The Pariah, the Parrot, the Delusion is gaining on El Cielo even after the second listen.

If any of this is truth dredg really have elevated themselves above and beyond anything I've ever heard. Even though el Cielo still holds the title of "best album", according to my own taste in music. Thank you. AND THANK YOU TO WHOEVER LEAKED IT. I can't wait to buy every variation of this album.

Comment

Working...
                                X