Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Album Discussion: The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion

umm yeah this album is incredible... i can't stop listening to it...over and over....

Comment

Yes it might be my favourite dredg album. I will need a few months to decide.

Comment

Originally posted by SimpatiK View Post
        Retard, you're absolutely right.
        wait...really?

finally home from work and a red sox/yankees game...go sox!!

downloading the better rip and can't wait to fall asleep to this with headphones

Comment

drunk slide reminds me of a punchier three legged horse...or is it yard clippings?
          Originally posted by vsd
          ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

I'd say yard clippings.
            We’re getting older, older, older

Comment

i can't remember which is which but definitely the one with the piano.
              Originally posted by vsd
              ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Yeah then yard clippings is the one!
                We’re getting older, older, older

Comment

I think Drunk Slide is the oldest thing on the new album. I think I remember hearing that on the CWA tours.

Comment

i think information is pretty old considering that piano riff (is it a riff when youre talking about the piano?) came out of the ornament iirc.

(im drunk and might not know what im talking about, but that little section has been around for a bit)
                    http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

i would say ireland is older. I heard ireland at an acoustic show when cwoa came out.

Im really glad with the way they recorded that song, they totally let that song shine. Although my friend pointed out to me today, that ireland should have been later in the cd... that song came out stronger than expected.

And i was talking out of my ass earlier. After a good amount of lessons, dino is in the zone on this record.
                      Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

No, you're partially right. It came from Waterbourne, actually. But yeah, that might be the oldest thing on that album, that piano part...

Comment

Originally posted by Sittingsideways View Post
                          i would say ireland is older. I heard ireland at an acoustic show when cwoa came out.

Im really glad with the way they recorded that song, they totally let that song shine. Although my friend pointed out to me today, that ireland should have been later in the cd... that song came out stronger than expected.

And i was talking out of my ass earlier. After a good amount of lessons, dino is in the zone on this record.
                          no, the first time it was played was when they were doing the acoustic shows for live at the filmore.
                          Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
                          you're pretty narcissistic
                          enjoy that, nobody else does.
                          Originally posted by Madklikor
                          You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

"The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion" races past "Catch Without Arms", hurdles over "Leitmotif", and jogs alongside "El Cielo".
                            - Jon

----------------------------------------
                            Originally posted by gderd
                            dredg is the music I always searched for, the music that keeps in your mind the whole time, the music you remember when you're doing everything, it's the different music. the heart music
                            ----------------------------------------

Comment

A lot of parts of ppd remind me of El Cielo...

- there's a guitar effect at the beginning of "Gathering Pebbles", which reminds me of Same Ol Road.
                              - The "Gathering Pebbles" chant part ("It’s way too steep") and the ending remind me of Papal Insignia.
                              - Horizon ending reminds me of Scissor Lock.

and "Long Days and Vague Clues" is a nice homage to Leitmotif...
                              Last edited by Volvox; May 6, 2009, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fiKnight View Post
                                Well I guess I'll have to thank dredgfan001 here since someone <koff> Josh?! closed the "Look What I Have Found" thread. Why exactly?

Anyhoo, a million thanks!
                                Not I.
                                Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                                Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Working...
                                X