Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Album Discussion: The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion

Originally posted by dredgfan001 View Post
    "daddy I want an oompa-loompa now!"
    That's how I felt when I heard they pushed the release back to june 9th, I told drew that I got butt-hurt every time they pushed it back, then we talked about weed...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Nit View Post
      this is a further step out there than i expected.
      Yeah really... people can say what they want about them, but no one can claim this band doesn't evolve over time. I'm tempted to say this is as far a cry from the Leitmotif or El Cielo eras as Pablo Honey vs. Kid A, but that might be an overreaction stemming from the shock of hearing Pebbles/Mourning for the first time.

Anyway, a lot of the previously-unheard tracks struck me as so "out there" that I can already tell it will be quite awhile before I have an opinion on the overall album firm enough to be worth sharing. First impressions...

"Pariah" has the fucking catchiest chorus I've heard in ages... by far the catchiest ever for dredg, IMO.

"Quotes" is flawlessly executed. Like "Saviour," I thought the live version was good but not great, only to be blown away by the studio recording. Possibly the highlight of the album.

"Cartoon Showroom" and "Take a Look Around" might have been slightly ruined for me by the leaflets. The massively different instrumentation and feel are defying my preconceived notions of what they "should" sound like, and will take some getting used to.

"Cellar" and "RUOK" sound even better than the live versions, if that's possible. Probably my favorite instrumentals of their career to date.
      Last edited by Corroded Halo; May 4, 2009, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Why do people keep asking for PMs? The link to the board that has the leak has already been posted.
        Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
        Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

this album is good.

Best tracks would include,

Pariah
          Ireland
          Gathering Pebbles
          Mourning This Morning
          Light Switch

Worst Tracks,

I Don't Know
          Information (full version really irks me)
          Savior
          Quotes

Overall though, even the worst song are very listenable. They just don't live up to the brilliance of the rest of it.

Comment

HAI. CAN YOU PLZ PM ME WITH LEEKS? PNX
            (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

So it leaked. I'm not prepared :O

Comment

I want them to make another album now

Comment

i bet this is just a decoy and there will be a totally different album that comes out next month.
                  Originally posted by vsd
                  ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Originally posted by tillybot View Post
                    Best tracks, Worst Tracks.
                    I'm not sure what is wrong with me but I feel that Ireland is one of the weakest on the album, musically and lyrically. Just not as interesting as the rest. I'm sure I'll come around.

Comment

Mourning this Morning is awesome.

Comment

this is the real thing, but i wouldnt be surprised if they had another album's worth of songs.
                        ---
                        i mean, they gotta keep some things under wraps.

Comment

Originally posted by drummerjs View Post
                          this is the real thing, but i wouldnt be surprised if they had another album's worth of songs.
                          ---
                          i mean, they gotta keep some things under wraps.
                          I'd be less surprised to see Hitler run for President in 2012.
                          Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                          Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

id be even less surprised if you got raped in the ass by a gorilla....

Comment

Awesome- can't wait to have the real thing.

Comment

Originally posted by rossimo View Post
                                I'm not sure what is wrong with me but I feel that Ireland is one of the weakest on the album, musically and lyrically. Just not as interesting as the rest. I'm sure I'll come around.
                                I love ireland.

what i don't get is quotes....upon only one listen, i thought it was really underwhelming, lyrically and musically.

there are some real gems on this record though.

Comment

Working...
                                X