Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Album Discussion: The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion

Could I also get the link/PM please?

Comment

Originally posted by evasivetear View Post
      this whole album runs together very well.

pariah, lightswitch, long days and vague clues and cartoon showroom are probably my favorite songs on the album....but unlike catch, i want to listen to this thing all the way through instead of hitting up just the songs i like the most.
      Yeah, that's the one problem I had with Catch. I'm hoping this will be more cohesive like you said, and I can't believe it leaked like this. Kindof disappointing but was bound to happen. If someone could pm it to me it would be greatly appreciated haha.

Comment

for those inquiring about a link, you can find it on this page:

hint: anon

take this down if needed

Comment

Quotes did it for me. I need to change my pants now.
          http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
          seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

My favorite thing about the record is how it seems to be divided up into sections based on the Stamps of Origin. The first three songs are fantastic and different in their own regard, but they feel like a good intro to the cd because they're close to what we've heard from the band in the past. But then "Stamp of Origin - Pessimistic" hits, and the following three songs - "Lightswitch,""Gathering Pebbles" and "Information" together all have a particularly unique feel to them. Then we get "Stamp of Origin - Ocean Meets Bay" and the album takes a notably harder/more upbeat feel with "Savior," "I Don't Know," and "Mourning this Morning." "Stamp of Origin - Take a Look Around" begins the album's spiral to the end, with "Cartoon Showroom"and "Quotes" unwinding into the final two tracks and ending with "Horizon."

I think my favorite thing about this record is how it slowly goes to sleep, as if it's passing away or something. Rather than going out with a bang or an expectedly huge climax, it kind of just fades. Fantastic.
            Originally posted by Gnomad
            I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
            Originally posted by auto-de-fe
            do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Originally posted by chainwanderingdeeply View Post

take this down if needed
              That website is like some sort of riddle.

Comment

take this down if needed
                It's out. No need in controlling the leak - the band said to let it go.

Super God.
                do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

quotes was very good, i was waiting the whole time for the part from the sample from months back just the "there's a way, a way out of here" AMAZING..

Comment

Originally posted by hand_of_change View Post
                    quotes was very good, i was waiting the whole time for the part from the sample from months back just the "there's a way, a way out of here" AMAZING..
                    The bridge in that song is amazing. And the chorus is the closest to psychedelic- era Floyd I've heard from them ever - particularly the harmonies.

Super God.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree View Post
                      My favorite thing about the record is how it seems to be divided up into sections based on the Stamps of Origin. The first three songs are fantastic and different in their own regard, but they feel like a good intro to the cd because they're close to what we've heard from the band in the past. But then "Stamp of Origin - Pessimistic" hits, and the following three songs - "Lightswitch,""Gathering Pebbles" and "Information" together all have a particularly unique feel to them. Then we get "Stamp of Origin - Ocean Meets Bay" and the album takes a notably harder/more upbeat feel with "Savior," "I Don't Know," and "Mourning this Morning." "Stamp of Origin - Take a Look Around" begins the album's spiral to the end, with "Cartoon Showroom"and "Quotes" unwinding into the final two tracks and ending with "Horizon."

I think my favorite thing about this record is how it slowly goes to sleep, as if it's passing away or something. Rather than going out with a bang or an expectedly huge climax, it kind of just fades. Fantastic.
                      The album was like an entire day. You wake up, (especially if you're a morning person) you start shit with a bang, you go through all different kinds of emotions, have your exciting moments, then you start to unwind. You start to unwind and eventually you fall asleep.

Comment

i deleted my post because i felt guilty...

is the quality really that bad?? i am dl'ing right now but won't be able to listen for some time.

Comment

i seriously cannot wait to listen to this with the artwork right in front of me, listening in 5.1 surround. these songs are really freakin awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree View Post
                            The bridge in that song is amazing. And the chorus is the closest to psychedelic- era Floyd I've heard from them ever - particularly the harmonies.
                            I think quotes is my favorite song on the album. Nearly every song is a stand out track to me, so needless to say, this album is fucking amazing.

Comment

i deleted my post because i felt guilty...

is the quality really that bad?? i am dl'ing right now but won't be able to listen for some time.
                              The quality isn't unlistenable, but the bass is nonexistent so as to render it a completely different experience from the actual cd itself.

Super God.

Comment

eh... ill wait

Comment

Working...
                                X