Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

What have you watched recently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What have you watched recently?

Originally posted by SoundscapeMN View Post
    yeah..2 more eps left..was that trailer for next week fucked up or what?..no way would the writers make it *that* obvious...

just posted some things..mainly about that new show In Plain Sight
    Just watched the pilot episode..long story short, USA Network promoted the fuck out of this show last Winter like it was to air within a f...

I hope it gets better, cuz BURN NOTICE it ain't..and there may be somewhat of a limited amount of good new tv this summer.
    Burn notice rules too.

Just finished watching the first season of Dexter again, I love that show.
    sigpic
    We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
    Originally posted by auto-de-fe
    happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

I've been re-watching "My So-Called Life." I loved this show when I first saw it in the 90s, but when they cancelled it and MTV picked it up, I had to stop watching it. So I got the DVDs and started at the beginning.

I don't remember Rayanne being this fucking annoying. I loathe her.

The Christmas Special almost made me decide to stop watching, it sucked so bad.

But I guess I'll hang in there until the bitter end, if only because of the fabulous Clare Danes, Jared Leto, and Wilson Cruz.

Comment

I'm gonnna be checking out MY SO_CALLED LIFE soon as someone compared FREAKS AND GEEKS to it

I caught 2 movies the other night, 1 being that advanced screening of the new Rain Wilson film "The Rocker" which was ok, but basically was like if Jack Black starred in a Judd Apatow movie. Also caught IRON MAN which I actually liked slightly more.

MEN IN TREES 1 episode left as I finally got around to watching last week's episode.

gonna be checking out the FIREFLY movie SERENITY today along with d/ling the short-lived Alicia Silverstone show "Miss Match" which has PSYCH star James Rodday in it. Dr.Who and Galactica are also on deck.
        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

I watched a few episodes of Freak and Geeks, and loved it. I plan to buy it and just have a marathon one day.

It would be hard for me to compare the two shows, since I've not seen all of either of them. But I think one of the reasons someone might say they're similar is because the mid-nineties was possibly the first time that TV shows about high school kids actually talked about actual problems and events that high school kids go through, rather than, "Oh my! The class jock can't read!" followed by a very special lecture from the guidance councilor about dyslexia.

Comment

firefly was a really good show.
            sigpic
            We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.

Comment

I've heard that. I need to get those DVDs. There's just not enough time in the day, is there?

Comment

Saw another one today...

Young@Heart - A group of elderly men and women (average age, 80) touring and singing covers of songs from bands like Sonic Youth, The Clash, Outkast, James Brown and more. Delightful and moving. 5/5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McCpBsH9cOQ
                Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

yeah Roeper and Phillips have talked about YOUNG AT HEART a lot this year..I'd go for seeing it, but it hasn't screened at the theater I usually go to.

FIREFLY and the SERENITY movie were good, altho given how much of cult-following they got, it makes me sad when some other shows haven't seen the level of interest..and/or even just a follow-up movie. it is too bad it didn't last longer though.
                  allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

yeah I was pissed about carnivale and dead like me getting canceled without any kind of thing to wrap the story up.
                    sigpic

Comment

I've not even seen the second season of Carnivale, because I heard it got cancelled with NO resolution. But I want to see it anyway. Eventually I will, but I can't find the DVDs anywhere at the moment.

I'm behind on Oz too.

Comment

look for a torrent..Carnivale I've always meant to see, but never got around to it. DEAD LIKE ME rules..I am gonna hafta rent the dvds since I only have seen the eps that were edited on SCIFI. Not sure of the timing now, but there is a movie coming out soon..direct-to-video

recast unfortunately, but I am interested in it anyway.

edit: it may be aired on some network or PPV, and the show actually may come back, lol.
                        Last edited by SoundscapeMN; June 10, 2008, 01:52 AM.
                        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Kyle, Carnivale is fantastic. And I could swear the same people who do the theme song for Deadwood also wrote the one for Carnivale. It's so similar and equally beautiful.

Deadwood? Also fantastic.

Comment

yeah I've heard good things about Deadwood, altho isn't it kind of a Western-Drama?..I'm not always that into those period stories unless there's some comedic or scifi element (or eye-candy perhaps?..hehe)

watched the MEN IN TREES series finale tonight (see blog in sig)..could have been less resolved, but it still hardly felt like a Series finale..more of a Season finale..unlike the SHARK or even MOONLIGHT finale's last month. Somehow, I feel sad it's over, even though I can't honestly say it was a great or even addictive show...but I think I'll miss it a bit..some of the characters in the bar like Jerome, Ben, and Buzz.
                            allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SoundscapeMN View Post
                              look for a torrent..Carnivale I've always meant to see, but never got around to it. DEAD LIKE ME rules..I am gonna hafta rent the dvds since I only have seen the eps that were edited on SCIFI. Not sure of the timing now, but there is a movie coming out soon..direct-to-video

recast unfortunately, but I am interested in it anyway.

edit: it may be aired on some network or PPV, and the show actually may come back, lol.
                              Damn, no rube? He was my favorite part.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyGoodness View Post
                                Damn, no rube? He was my favorite part.
                                yeah he was on "Criminal Minds" at the time. Had they waited, he and Laura Harris may have done it since both aren't on those shows anymore.
                                allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X