Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

What have you watched recently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What have you watched recently?

Originally posted by SoundscapeMN View Post
    yeah I've heard good things about Deadwood, altho isn't it kind of a Western-Drama?..I'm not always that into those period stories unless there's some comedic or scifi element (or eye-candy perhaps?..hehe)
    The thing about Deadwood, is that it's based on true American history. The people and events--even some of the dialogue--are all based on fact, actual letters, actual newspaper headlines. So that's cool.

But also, the acting, the casting, and the writing are incredible. Especially the writing. How they manage to write some of the most coarse language into absolutely beautiful poetic prose is beyond me. And the insults are as funny and imaginative as any you'd get from Shakespeare.

The violence is extreme. The storyline is tragic and beautiful at the same time. The acting is some of the best on television. The setting is as realistic as any western I've ever seen. These characters are real and ugly and true and poignant and horrible and magnificent. Yes, it takes place in the west, but it's not a western in the traditional sense. It's more a drama, with some hilarious comedy added in for levity.

Eye Candy? Hmmm. Timothy Olyphant is gorgeous and possesses a huge amount of sex appeal, but I don't think that's what you're asking. :-)

There are some attractive women, but the problem is that most of them are used and abused diseased prostitutes who are nothing more than receptacles for cum, so it's difficult to think of them as "sexy." However, every once in awhile you'll have an attractive woman get naked. Very seldom though.

Comment

Triple Feature yesterday on my bday.

Kung Fu Panda - Nice voice work from Jack Black and Dustin Hoffman especially..also the voice of the Turtle was good. Impressive animation, and I'm generally not that crazy about animated movies. Charming and well written-enough. Possibly the best thing Jack Black's done since SCHOOL OF ROCK. 6/10

Indiana Jones 4 - The scenes between Ford and Allen gave it some charm. The story was a bit of a stretch. But it definitely felt like a nostalgia piece for the main people involved. Maybe not as bad as DOOM, but that's not saying too much. THE RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK ADAPTATION WAS MILES BETTER and I'm certainly glad I went to that opening weekend instead. 4/10

Get Smart - Carrell was obvious to play this role, unfortunately it had to include more than enough of him doing his-own attempts at humor, which ends up being a very low percentage that is actually funny. Anne Hathaway is reasonable eye candy, and Alan Arkin was serviceable as his boss, but ultimately I don't think this lived to even half of what it could have been. Even Hiro from HEROES couldn't help it enough. Some of the jokes in the 2nd half helped, but much like many of these desperate cases of Hollywood with no original screenplays so they turn to make an old popular show into a movie, this was not really an exception in mediocrity. 4.5/10

2 for 1 Rentals at Hollywood last night..I got THE WEATHER MAN and I'm also giving ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT a shot. Watched the 1st 2 eps..not bad, not hilarious tho. Reminds me of some of the ABC sitcoms like SAMANTHA WHO or IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY in feel and tone. The teenagers may be the best part of the show. I guess I'll see, but this seems closer to FIREFLY than FREAKS AND GEEKS on 1st impression in the level of hype it deserves vs how much it actually gets/got.
      allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

ya know what is a really underated movie? The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou. It got a lot of bad reviews, but I saw it last night, and I loved it.

Comment

Oh, saw The Incredible Hulk the other night.

Apart from the clumsy product placement (digital camera, motel scene), it was half decent. Darker then i expected, and not plastered with action scenes - it had a nice balance of story and action, which was good for my attention span that night! It's got the same formula as all the other Marvel movies, but doesn't effect it's enjoyment as you can get into this one a bit better... much more than Iron Man, IMO.

Awesome.
          (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Originally posted by SoundscapeMN View Post
            2 for 1 Rentals at Hollywood last night..I got THE WEATHER MAN and I'm also giving ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT a shot. Watched the 1st 2 eps..not bad, not hilarious tho. Reminds me of some of the ABC sitcoms like SAMANTHA WHO or IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY in feel and tone. The teenagers may be the best part of the show. I guess I'll see, but this seems closer to FIREFLY than FREAKS AND GEEKS on 1st impression in the level of hype it deserves vs how much it actually gets/got.
            Just Downloaded kung fu panda, that was pretty good. Arrested Development was an awesome show. I liked Firefly also.
            sigpic
            We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
            Originally posted by auto-de-fe
            happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by cribble View Post
              Oh, saw The Incredible Hulk the other night.

Apart from the clumsy product placement (digital camera, motel scene), it was half decent. Darker then i expected, and not plastered with action scenes - it had a nice balance of story and action, which was good for my attention span that night! It's got the same formula as all the other Marvel movies, but doesn't effect it's enjoyment as you can get into this one a bit better... much more than Iron Man, IMO.

Awesome.
              I can't handle Liv Tyler's fake looking lips and HORRIBLE acting. She speaks in near monotone for christ sake. And William Hurt sounded like he was drunk the whole time. Other than that, the film was awesome.
              http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
              seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

The Happening is the worst movie I've ever seen in my entire life. THIS was better than that movie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcZ1cUEUrV4
                Facebookem, Danno | Twitter me this...

Comment

Originally posted by IKnockStuffDown View Post
                  I can't handle Liv Tyler's fake looking lips and HORRIBLE acting. She speaks in near monotone for christ sake. And William Hurt sounded like he was drunk the whole time. Other than that, the film was awesome.
                  I was too baked on drowsey cough-cough-and-lower-your-glands-because-your-wisdom-teeth-suck-ass pills to notice. Hence the enjoyment.

I do remember a part where the hulk is swaggering through some water, going to some rocks and shit, and the cgi was properly awful. Like, forget water movement and splash physics awful.
                  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

it's not a movie, but I watched the gameplay trailer of the Diablo 3 annunciation today. THIS LOOKS AWESOME!

Comment

Originally posted by Volvox View Post
                      it's not a movie, but I watched the gameplay trailer of the Diablo 3 annunciation today. THIS LOOKS AWESOME!
                      Yes, yes it does. I hope they really push this release and get it out as soon as possible. I'm pretty excited for it. God how I love mindless clicking.

Comment

Fuck yeah, about time.
                        sigpic
                        We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.

Comment

I don't hope they push it out the door as soon as possible.... I hope they take all the time in the world to perfect this gem

Comment

I'd be happy just playing the two classes they already announced, shit.

Comment

I doubt they will rush anything, as it is they have been working on this for three years already. It will probably be another year till the game is finished.
                              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, blizzard don't rush things. Which is why they're so great <3

Comment

Working...
                                X