Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

What have you watched recently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What have you watched recently?

Is this thread just for movies?

Comment

There are no rules here.
      http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
      seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

Well, OK, I watched a show tonight that I new would piss me off, but I watched it anyway. It's Morgan Spurlock's 30 Days. It was about this woman who spends 30 days living with two partnered men who are raising four foster kids. She, of course, is against gay marriage and gay adoptions. She literally would rather the kids grow up in orphanages than be adopted by same-sex couples. She said this at least twice.

When the fathers would play with their kids, she'd look grossed-out and leave the room.

She repeatedly said that kids need a man and a woman as parents. She's Mormon. Every time she'd say, "marriage should only be between a man and a woman," I'd think, "and another woman and another woman..." But no one would throw that up in her face. They'd try to reason with her and during every single discussion, she'd start crying and storm off. This happened at least four times during the hour show.

All of the gay people sat there and let her proselytize and quietly stated their positions with some sort of naive theory that if they treated her kindly and with respect she'd come around to some epiphany that they're equal to her and her kind. Ironically, the only people on the show who got angry with her enough to tell her she's an intolerant bigot were the mens' straight relatives.

In the end, her last night there, she told them she'd not changed her mind one bit and she'd vote every time she got the chance to stop gay adoption and gay marriage, and "we'll see who wins." She left feeling very, very good about herself.

Sigh. It's my own damn fault for tuning in.

Comment

As far as the polygamy goes, very few Mormon communities still allow polygamy. It's a commonly held misconception.
          Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
          Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

It's not a misconception with me. I know it's not done anymore (except with the freaky cult sects). But it would have embarrassed her, and it's as bad and irrational an argument as the one she was giving them. See my point?

Comment

As posted in previous thread...

Styx Live on VH1 Classic.
              Originally posted by Ars Sycro
              I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

I saw a movie last night called "Happiness." Simply amazing and very dark... and the script was just gold. I recommend it to everyone who likes... well... movies... it's god darn good.
                (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Originally posted by Trathena View Post
                  Well, OK, I watched a show tonight that I new would piss me off, but I watched it anyway. It's Morgan Spurlock's 30 Days. It was about this woman who spends 30 days living with two partnered men who are raising four foster kids. She, of course, is against gay marriage and gay adoptions. She literally would rather the kids grow up in orphanages than be adopted by same-sex couples. She said this at least twice.

When the fathers would play with their kids, she'd look grossed-out and leave the room.

She repeatedly said that kids need a man and a woman as parents. She's Mormon. Every time she'd say, "marriage should only be between a man and a woman," I'd think, "and another woman and another woman..." But no one would throw that up in her face. They'd try to reason with her and during every single discussion, she'd start crying and storm off. This happened at least four times during the hour show.

All of the gay people sat there and let her proselytize and quietly stated their positions with some sort of naive theory that if they treated her kindly and with respect she'd come around to some epiphany that they're equal to her and her kind. Ironically, the only people on the show who got angry with her enough to tell her she's an intolerant bigot were the mens' straight relatives.

In the end, her last night there, she told them she'd not changed her mind one bit and she'd vote every time she got the chance to stop gay adoption and gay marriage, and "we'll see who wins." She left feeling very, very good about herself.

Sigh. It's my own damn fault for tuning in.
                  Actually, I'm don't consider myself to be ignorant on this subject, but I support gay marriage and I'm against gay adoption.

Comment

Really? May I ask for what reasons?

I love 30 Days and found that episode to be frustrating but honest. A month of living with a gay family isn't going to change someone who bases their viewpoint on a religious belief, unfortunately. Too often people are forced to reconcile the two, and most people will settle for saying that the it's wrong to be gay before they'll agree that they were wrong about their spiritual beliefs.
                    Originally posted by Gnomad
                    I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                    Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                    do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Mentality, not sexuality.
                      (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

"You can't reason someone out of something they weren't reasoned into"~~Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
                          Actually, I'm don't consider myself to be ignorant on this subject, but I support gay marriage and I'm against gay adoption.
                          Yeah, adopting a cat or a dog is way out of their league.
                          (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

I'm 100 % pro gay adoption

and as soon as the law passes, I'm gonna adopt myself a lesbian

Ontopic:
                            I saw "Once" at the cinemas.. And wow.. Best movie I've seen in a long time, and definitely the best musical I've ever seen. Even though comparing it to other musicals isn't really fair, since here the music is actually a part of the plot

Comment

I saw "Wanted" the other day which was cookie-cutter action/comic cinema. Good if you know what you're going to see.
                              Originally posted by Gnomad
                              I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                              Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                              do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Saw "underworld: evolutions" & "nacho libre"

Both were fun to watch, but I'd say nacho libre would've appealed more if I were a lot younger...

My Skydrive:https://cid-efc3e98cdde49c31.skydriv....com/home.aspx

Comment

Working...
                                X