Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: the Pariah, the Parrot, the Delusion?

what songs are people anticipating the most?

for me, it's quotes, mourning this morning, cartoon showroom and pariah. fuzzy, crappy live videos of quotes floor me. so i like its chances. the others are based on the leaflets.
    words always ebbing, never flowing

Comment

Lightswitch. It was one of the first names ever mentioned for new material and I've never heard it. I hope that means a lot of love has gone into that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
        Lightswitch. It was one of the first names ever mentioned for new material and I've never heard it. I hope that means a lot of love has gone into that one.
        If Lightswitch is the notorious "Tunnel Scene" song, than I would say it is my second most anticipated song behind Pariah. That tunnel scene is un-friggan-real.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Morph View Post
          The level of anticipation for this album is ridiculous. The fact that it's still TWO months away is insane.
          Perhaps its the continual cockteasing they've put us through with release dates.
          We gotta break down these barricades, everyone has AIDS!

Comment

why are you guys anticipating pariah? Im not hating on the song, but no one knows what its going to sound like. Is it because its the first song on the record?

Im anticipating quotes like a motha fucka.
            Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

It's probably because of the reviews we've seen have all said it's a mixture of everything they've done before.
              Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
              Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Sittingsideways View Post
                why are you guys anticipating pariah? Im not hating on the song, but no one knows what its going to sound like. Is it because its the first song on the record?

The bits of it in the Leaflets are promising, to say the least.

If the song at 2:00-2:30 in Leaflet 18 is "Mourning This Morning," that's probably at the top of my list (especially seeing that it's over 5:00 long according to that tracklist that was just posted).

Comment

Mourning this Morning, for the same reason as Corroded Halo.

The fact that there are about 5 full tracks we haven't heard yet gives me goosebumps, not to mention all the instrumentals and stamps...

amitface added 1 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

and yes Corroded, Nate confirmed that the track is indeed Mourning, unless he's been lying to us the whole time.
                  - -- --- ----

Comment

It involves the singing children, the verses "to sacrifice oneself never made sense to me, cause life is really the only and last gift we've all received" and the chorus is "oh delusions, are meant to justify, justify the things we do" etc. That's a pretty general idea of what it will be like.

Comment

cool, didn't know that was the chorus. i guess that song will translate pretty well acoustically.
                      Originally posted by vsd
                      ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Also, because in general any album that is epic and owns (and I am fully confident this will be one of them) has an opening song that is amazing. It is a general rule of thumb.

Comment

agreed
                          Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

So far each dredg release has had an AMAZING first song on it.
                            http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
                            seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

You really thought the first song on El Cielo was amazing?
                              Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                              Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Keep in mind that I said song, not track.

IKnockStuffDown added 0 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

And I do think the first track is awesome as well, because it's like a reminder of how much awesome is about to happen in the next 50 minutes.
                                http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
                                seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

Working...
                                X