Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Album Discussion: The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion

some news:

There's a new interview part about pariah. And you will be able to buy a "Deluxe Edition" on itunes.
    Contains:
    - Exclusive Bug Eyes unplugged version
    - Exclusive Information unplugged version
    - video track by track interview (that's pretty awesome)
    - all leaflet videos
    - digital booklet

Awww man, I really want this, but itunes..... I mean ITUNES... really?

Comment

Great info, Volvox!! I am excited!
      This

Originally posted by Volvox View Post
      some news:
      gonna be AWESOME!! And will clarify A LOT!
      Many friends yet still a loner...

Comment

Originally posted by Volvox View Post
        some news:

There's a new interview part about pariah. And you will be able to buy a "Deluxe Edition" on itunes.
        Contains:
        - Exclusive Bug Eyes unplugged version
        - Exclusive Information unplugged version
        - all leaflet videos
        - digital booklet

Awww man, I really want this, but itunes..... I mean ITUNES... really?
        Is that the same as the german deluxe edition showed on amazon?

Cause then I really fucking want that...

Comment

This is great! Thanks for the link, Volvox!

So, is this will be on 2CD german special edition?

Comment

i don't know if this has been said...but i think Long Days & Vague clues sounds like it was written with Judgment Day...my two cents on the album: I love this album! i think probably my least favorite song is Pariah only because there aren't any incredibly standout moments but it is still a solid song. Gathering Pebbles is awesome and i think Mourning this Morning is incredibly underrated...Quotes is easily tied for my favorite dredg song now (with Delta/triangle/whatever) that "Let Go, Let Go" choir hugeness just does it for me...going to order this on vinyl definitely...the end. keep the change
            Christ as fast

Comment

I'm going through the leaflets again, and there's a lot of stuff that didn't make the album. I'm really hoping for a b-sides.
              ---
              For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzJh4C6L0Bw#t=1m11s

I need to hear that.
              http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
              seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

yeah there is definitely a lot more than they seem to be letting on about. i mean there are pieces with drums, vocals, guitar and bass. of course they're not as "finished" as the stuff on the record, b-sides almost never are.

and that's awesome about the track by track interview thing. hopefully it's more about the lyrics than the music.
                Originally posted by vsd
                ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

a neat little interview (don't know of it elsewhere here, but maybe):

words always ebbing, never flowing

Comment

I haven't been keeping up with this thread, and I didn't want to read the 101 pages of posts, so I don't know if this has been said yet. Sorry if it has.

Just a note, I was totally sober when I experienced this. I was listening to Down to the Cellar a couple days ago and for some reason, the transition into Horizon knocked me flat on my ass. I got this feeling that moved me to tears. I've been listening to the album nonstop, so it was maybe the 20th time I'd heard it but I'd never had this reaction before.

I had this feeling that Down to the Cellar represents a bomb blast - starting out small, then building and building until it finally stops, leaving nothing. It really mirrors the structure of the song. Then I realized the name - Down to the Cellar, a cellar like a bomb shelter. And the reversed sound of the guitar at the end had the effect of life/memories flashing before my eyes. It gives the end of the album the feel of an apocalyptic event, which I guess fits into the album... even though an apocalyptic warning seems a little too dark for the album.

This was a pretty cool experience. I had a similar really intense experience when I first heard el cielo 7 years ago that I never had before or since then. I think dredg has really hit on something here.

Comment

I think that Pariah is supposed to be the ending of the story, but put at the beginning, kinda like some films do. What do you guys think?
                      ---
                      WTDP?: Do you consider the new record a concept album?
                      Gavin: Not so much. I wouldn’t say it was a concept record, but I lot of the themes were along the some lines as this Salman Rushdie essay kind of towards the middle of the writing. It was really relative to what the content was about. It’s called ‘A Letter to the Sixth-Billionth World Citizen’. It is a really short essay, but it’s really interest. It was written before there were six billion people on the planet and its him writing a letter to an unborn child - the sixth-billionth citizen - and telling him/her what to expect out of life. We kind of used that.
                      or maybe we're all fools?
                      http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
                      seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

Hm, interesting...
                        I feel like a fool
                        Last edited by InfraredDream; May 12, 2009, 09:51 AM.
                        Many friends yet still a loner...

Comment

Quite some delusion in this message board.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinintheroom View Post
                            a neat little interview (don't know of it elsewhere here, but maybe):

http://www.whatsthatdudeplay.com/200...rot-and-dredg/
                            did anyone notice the sampler? #8 is "Twins"

awwww

Comment

Originally posted by cyrinic View Post
                              I had this feeling that Down to the Cellar represents a bomb blast - starting out small, then building and building until it finally stops, leaving nothing. It really mirrors the structure of the song. Then I realized the name - Down to the Cellar, a cellar like a bomb shelter. And the reversed sound of the guitar at the end had the effect of life/memories flashing before my eyes. It gives the end of the album the feel of an apocalyptic event, which I guess fits into the album... even though an apocalyptic warning seems a little too dark for the album.
                              That's a great observation and it makes a lot of sense given the track name and the sound. Definitely changes my perspective and makes me appreciate Down to the Cellar more.

Comment

who else thinks that RUOK would have been alot better if dino was going all out like in leaflet 1 or when they play it live?

Comment

Working...
                                X