Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: the Pariah, the Parrot, the Delusion?

Yeah, Same Ol' Road would not be as amazing without the first brushstroke. As soon as you hear that paper shredding, the chills begin haha.

Comment

when they did el cielo live at the catalyst a couple years ago and they started playing the first brushstroke it was an amazing moment.

Comment

yeah, that el cielo show at the catalyst was literally one of the best shows i've ever seen.
        Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

10,000 days was, is, and always will be a fucking amazing album. anyone who was disappointed by it.......doesn't like Tool, i guess. seriously

Comment

Originally posted by rossimo View Post
            It involves the singing children, the verses "to sacrifice oneself never made sense to me, cause life is really the only and last gift we've all received" and the chorus is "oh delusions, are meant to justify, justify the things we do" etc. That's a pretty general idea of what it will be like.
            i get that chorus in my head all the time. and i've only heard it a few times on the leaflets. it's going to be crazy good.

Comment

heard pariah in my dream last night. actually all i remember is the acoustic chorus from the leaflets. it was very slowed down. sounded like gavin was on pain meds or something. bottom line: bit of a disappointment. we should turn our heads towards mourning this morning.
              Originally posted by vsd
              ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Originally posted by Silentbob1 View Post
                Yeah, Same Ol' Road would not be as amazing without the first brushstroke. As soon as you hear that paper shredding, the chills begin haha.
                If I'm not mistaken, that is not paper shredding, that is a paint brush on a canvas, hence "brushstroke". Pretty sure its some dry brushing going on.
                DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

Yeah, I believe it is a recording of Drew painting on a canvas.

Comment

Originally posted by lmerr View Post
                    If I'm not mistaken, that is not paper shredding, that is a paint brush on a canvas, hence "brushstroke". Pretty sure its some dry brushing going on.
                    Yeah you are right, my bad. It sounds EXACTLY like paper shredding on Brushstroke: Reprise too haha.

Comment

Reprise is the sickest brushstroke I've ever heard.
                      - -- --- ----

Comment

Elephant in the Delta Waves was always my favorite. It's so dark and eerie. The jam at the end of Whoa is Me always kinda felt like the last brushstroke even though it wasn't officially titled as one.

This thread is now about El Cielo I guess haha.

Comment

that's because this album isn't out yet. therefore El Cielo reigns supreme.
                          http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
                          seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

Originally posted by noresolution View Post
                            Elephant in the Delta Waves was always my favorite. It's so dark and eerie. The jam at the end of Whoa is Me always kinda felt like the last brushstroke even though it wasn't officially titled as one.

This thread is now about El Cielo I guess haha.
                            Elephant in the delta waves was one of my favorite parts of the el cielo catalyst show.

My favorite part from the leitmotif show was the opera gentleman.
                            Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

Yeah he was awesome.

They way that they played 90 Hour Sleep differently on the two nights was really cool too I thought. On the Leitmotif night they played it closer to the original version, with Mark doing the slide parts and Gavin on acoustic. Hadn't heard it in that form for years.

Comment

News; News; News:
                                Chuck Norris has told me that you can listen to Quotes LIVE and in good quality here:
                                http://www.archive.org/details/dredg...x.cavis.flac16

Well is a bit slow... I'll upload it maybe on an other side too if it has finished here...

Sittingsideways: Beautiful Signature; Want to have your girlfriend!
                                A friend of mine told me that his sister belched and farted at the same time...
                                Last edited by Biber; April 8, 2009, 10:04 PM.
                                The O.C. Project
                                http://lolo-extreme.myblog.de/
                                Right? hoeh'?

Comment

Working...
                                X