Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

The Tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Tent

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
    Now I know you're full of shit.
    Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I don't think you make valid points.

Comment

Originally posted by sangreal314 View Post
      this happened to my morning jacket recently and they immediately posted something saying that the song in question was definitely used as inspiration. they linked the song along with the message. that's all dredg needs to do.
      and that'd be cool of them to do. but aside from the 10 or so of us that are actually talking about this on traversing, does anyone else even know about it?

does dredg even know that this 'original source material' was found by anyone?

if not, then that'd be one reason why dredg isn't making a public statement about it. we can speculate all we want, but unless someone has actually said "hey dredg, what's up with this?" then getting bent out of shape about it is kinda pointless.

now if someone has asked dredg and they aren't saying anything, then that's kinda too bad.
      Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
      you're pretty narcissistic
      enjoy that, nobody else does.
      Originally posted by Madklikor
      You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Originally posted by evasivetear View Post
        and that'd be cool of them to do. but aside from the 10 or so of us that are actually talking about this on traversing, does anyone else even know about it?

does dredg even know that this 'original source material' was found by anyone?

if not, then that'd be one reason why dredg isn't making a public statement about it. we can speculate all we want, but unless someone has actually said "hey dredg, what's up with this?" then getting bent out of shape about it is kinda pointless.

now if someone has asked dredg and they aren't saying anything, then that's kinda too bad.
        i dunno, i imagine someone let them know by now. either friends or the haters that have been sending them messages on facebook.

Comment

possibly?

most of the haters on facebook don't seem like the type of people that have much common sense though....so i'm guessing detective work isn't their forte.

and friends of the band probably have a greater insight to the whole recording process / access to information being that their friends and all.

i dunno as well. you could very well be right and dredg is very poor at confronting a possible issue. i guess we'll just have to wait and see or eventually forget about it.

Comment

I can try and ask Drew or Mark on Friday if it's still unanswered.
            Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
            Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

from quickly surveying their facebook pages and last.fm...there are seem to be no other public conversations about this. maybe they were deleted? i'm guessing that they more than likely were never made.

i find it very doubtful that anyone outside of this message board, aside from said band friends, have any idea about this...or orph for that matter
              ---
              Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
              I can try and ask Drew or Mark on Friday if it's still unanswered.
              that'll do it.

Comment

A little side note... has anyone watched Fantastic Planet? I watched the 8 parts on youtubte and it was pretty fun to watch. The story was an interesting idea although the execution of the
                Plot wasn't too awesome. It was supposed to have a slow, bizarre, doldrum sort of feel yes... but the end was very anticlimactic to me.
                just sayin'...

Comment

I watched it too. It was interesting. I liked the soundtrack, so I bought it.

Comment

I dont know if I would buy the sountrack. It's very repetetive. Suits the style and feel of the movie but wouldn't suit as a whole soundtrack so well in my professional and supercorrectalways opinion.
                    just sayin'...

Comment

• Re: The Tent

Well, I have a few different soundtracks that I put on in the background when I write. The repetitiveness is good in those situations, but yeah, I can see where you're coming from there. It's not something I might sit and give my full attention to like some albums.

Comment

Originally posted by sangreal314 View Post
                        i dunno, i imagine someone let them know by now. either friends or the haters that have been sending them messages on facebook.
                        As a friend...done. I figured it was a good idea to ask about it in a non-dickish way, and since I've been conversing with Drew quite a bit lately, why not?

I'll see what he says, from the horse's mouth, if you will.

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

derailing conversation - what did you get your degree in?
                          Mechanical engineering
                          ---
                          Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
                          Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I don't think you make valid points.
                          I know. I was being playful there.
                          ---
                          most of the haters on facebook don't seem like the type of people that have much common sense though....so i'm guessing detective work isn't their forte.
                          I have to agree with this.

you could very well be right and dredg is very poor at confronting a possible issue.
                          I've said as much about this as anyone, but I really don't think that's the case. I know that this is a tight community, so I really appreciate this discussion. However, I could see it being fairly damaging if the right sites/blogs pick it up. I just think it's better not to leave the axe hanging.

I could honestly see them not even knowing about this yet.
                          ---
                          Well, I have a few different soundtracks that I put on in the background when I write. The repetitiveness is good in those situations, but yeah, I can see where you're coming from there. It's not something I might sit and give my full attention to like some albums.
                          I tend to differentiate soundtracks and scores. A soundtrack is a collection of songs that have no direct correlation to the film, whereas a score is written specifically to moods of scenes.

The Waterbourne soundtrack/score, for instance, is extremely repetitive, but I listen to it regularly for the same reasons you mentioned. It's good, calming music that is written as accompaniment, so it isn't distracting like a lot of contemporary music.
                          ---
                          I watched it too. It was interesting. I liked the soundtrack, so I bought it.
                          And had the Tent never been made, you never would have made that purchase....funny how that worked out.
                          I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                          I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                          A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                          To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Looks like the band is more brilliant than anyone gives them credit for. They found the perfect way to scare off everyone that has been ragging them since "El Cielo."

I can understand the few of you that are kind of bummed that this isn't completely original music written by the band or Dan. Well, not really, but I don't consider that necessarily a ridiculous position to take.

But the references to Vanilla Ice and all the hurt feelings over not getting a "press release."

I mean, really? (<-------RHETORICAL)
                            Originally posted by Gnomad
                            I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                            Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                            do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Cool story, bro.
                              I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                              I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                              A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                              To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Still probably my least favorite song on the album. Right now anyways.
                                http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

Working...
                                X