Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

The Tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Song of the Week: The Tent

That, and just because there's no info with the disc doesn't mean monetary compensation wasn't given... that's all most people give a shit about anyway...

Comment

Now I wish they'd put out stems for The Tent so I could put Gavin singing over the score. Of course, the chorus is original, so that wouldn't work too well. But whatever.
      A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

Re: The Tent

Hey baby. I've got a huge tent. Wanna unzip it?
        just sayin'...

Comment

Originally posted by Junkstory View Post
          What was the song/artist that "The Tent" supposedly sounded like? The videos have been taken down from YouTube.
          A one track mind in a one way town
          Let's go ahead and gentrify
          We let art die with robot minds
          Steal the brush and paint boundary lines

Comment

it sounded like the tent
            Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
            you're pretty narcissistic
            enjoy that, nobody else does.
            Originally posted by Madklikor
            You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Can someone please repost the video, or at least list band and song name?

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOnJCRyCsM4

Comment

Well.. yeah that's definitely the same.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofGhosts View Post
                    Well.. yeah that's definitely the same.
                    He's right.

Comment

Yeah, it's pretty hard to dispute. But at the same time, it's Dan the Automator and he is a rap/hip-hop producer. It's really not all that shocking or damaging, at least in my eyes.

Comment

Here's the thing that I don't understand: why was The Verve destroyed as a band by The Rolling Stones for using a sample of an orchestral cover of one of their songs, but in this case it's not shocking or damaging? Take the fact that it's "the greatest rock & roll band" out of it, the point is that one artist used music by another artist. In one case, it was completely minor, in another case the music for the verses is lifted completely.

I don't want to put words in your mouth, but when you keep saying that he's a rap/hip-hop producer, it's like you're giving him a free pass. I don't understand how something this major (and it IS major, even if the source music is relatively unknown to Americans) can get a free pass.
                        A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

why are they not being blasted for ripping off coolio as well?

Comment

I'm guessing it's something to do with the fact that Another Tribe sounds nothing like Gangsta's Paradise in anything other than in a "ha ha, that reminds me of that song that Weird Al covered!" way.
                            A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

dredg has over a hundred original songs that I enjoy. Why am I going to let one that isn't completely original bother me? And you're right, being a rap/hip-hop producer isn't a free pass, but it definitely is more acceptable, even expected, in that genre, so I think it counts for something. I just don't think it's that major. Is it disappointing? Yeah, a little. But like I said, 1 out of 100. I can live with that.

Comment

It definitely hurts their reputation as it stands. They need to make a statement giving proper credit.
                                Last edited by AnewKINDofFEELING; May 10, 2011, 05:16 PM.
                                I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                                I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                                A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                                To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Working...
                                X