Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

The Tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Song of the Week: The Tent

It's hard to really care now. It happened, they didn't write it. Whatever.
    ---
    Oh, and there is the fact that Dan the Automator is a rap producer.

This is kind of what they do.

Comment

I'm over it at this point. I knew this wasn't a song that dredg wrote in the first place, but I still loved it. I still do. I'm just honestly curious if this was a total "no one will ever notice!" move by Dan, or if he licensed it.
      A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

It's more like:

DTA: "I always write something for my projects, if you write something better, then fine, but I think you should put vocals to this:" *rips off or licenses a song*

mhmm.

IMO, it's not something you easily 'get over'. In fact, it has the permanent effect of lowering my opinion further.

Comment

Originally posted by FeebleFables View Post
          IMO, it's not something you easily 'get over'. In fact, it has the permanent effect of lowering my opinion further.
          Same here, sadly I would like to know if it was legal though. And if the guys knew it...
          Many friends yet still a loner...

Comment

Man, that's a bummer. Yeah I'm really curious about the circumstances for this as well. I really hope they release a Dredg album next time, not a Dan the Automator (feat. Dredg) album. I'm trying not to complain, and I legitimately like the album, but Dan's influence is too much for me, especially with something like this happening. We've all had this conversation a billion times, and I'm not looking to restart it. I just think that Dredg had proved that they can add an electronica influence one their own and do it better, as evidenced here.

dredg performing it's not worth it live in hollywood, at the troubadour.10-6-2007

Comment

A very good evidence
              Many friends yet still a loner...

Comment

Originally posted by Fawst View Post
                I mean, I wouldn't care as much if it wasn't my FAVORITE SONG ON THE ALBUM. I'd certainly be concerned, but still.

Meanwhile, I think I need some fucking acid and a copy of this movie...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgCxC...eature=related
                What. The. Fuck.

---

"do not watch this film under the influence of ANYTHING EVER!!! you will seriously wake up to find these creatures having a tea party in your bedroom, they will look back at you in your bathroom mirror and will pop up in your rear view mirror from the back seat of your car when you're driving....don't say I didn't warn you.

BelledelaGroove"
                <- This dog is smoking a pipe.

Your argument is invalid.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

:-P

Comment

So, are there any notes with the physical CD? Does it credit the guy who wrote the song?
                    I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                    I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                    A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                    To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

yeah, its definitely sampled....DTA is a producer, thats what they do....take something and turn it into something else.....but yeah that really makes this not really a dredg song.

Comment

No, it is stolen. No credit was given to the writer. That's plagiarism. Whether or not Dan is a hip-hop producer has no bearing on stealing someone else's work and calling it his own. Dredg are artists and should understand this. I am in no way saying they don't. However, this was a very shitty development.
                        I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                        I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                        A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                        To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

remember back when that band blatantly ripped off ode to the sun and everyone was pissed off at them about it? i'm glad that we're having a similar reaction to dredg/dan right now. shows that we aren't biased.
                          Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
                          you're pretty narcissistic
                          enjoy that, nobody else does.
                          Originally posted by Madklikor
                          You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

what band/song was it that ripped off ode to the sun?
                            How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

-Gnomad

Comment

A shitty one/one. The names aren't even worth mentioning.
                              [QUOTE=gtrplyr7;176776]I'll never stop looking for new music but I find the older I get, the less new music appeals to me and the more I end up going back to older stuff. I think everyone has that decade of music that they could really relate to. For me, it was the 90s...[/QUOTE]
                              [QUOTE=Gnomad;176814]I don't look for new or old music. I kind of just let it find me. I prefer it that way. I don't feel like I'm forcing myself to like certain things. It's all about being in the right setting and mood when you first hear it.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
                                No, it is stolen. No credit was given to the writer. That's plagiarism. Whether or not Dan is a hip-hop producer has no bearing on stealing someone else's work and calling it his own. Dredg are artists and should understand this. I am in no way saying they don't. However, this was a very shitty development.
                                I don't think a hip hop artist or a mash-up DJ is going to credit every piece of music they sample or else the liner notes for the album would be like a fucking novel.
                                Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

Working...
                                X