Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most people are stupid, and shop where the prices are higher.
    The only problem I find with smaller record stores that deal in new albums is that often times they don't have a great selection. Seems to be the only thing larger stores have on them, though.
    Of course, used record shops are the way to go.
    Never know what you'll find.

Comment

• i love bull moose records in NH and ME. newbury is getting expensive but still rocks. cd spins is nice, bought aphex twin and a host of bjork single there.

i got into a conversation with my girlfriend about this recently. if people truly have a passion for music and want to save a few bucks, they’ll seek it out. actually most people who walk down newbury street are either uptight beacon hillers, tourists, or rich college kids. so there's usually a sufficient amount of people to keep virgin alive.

Comment

• If I love a cd, i won't buy it used... If it's old enough to be found used, it's old enough to be found for 7 bucks.. And if you can't pay 7 bucks for a cd you love, then you're a cheapass

Comment

• Originally posted by Knifeboy
          If I love a cd, i won't buy it used... If it's old enough to be found used, it's old enough to be found for 7 bucks.. And if you can't pay 7 bucks for a cd you love, then you're a cheapass
          When it comes to stuff that's OOP, used is sometimes the only way to go.
          If I can find an album new, I'll buy it new.

Comment

• agreed. new is better...but used is sometimes the only way to go

Added after 2 minutes:

oh, bull moose is pretty good. i went to the one in portland around christmas.

newbury has been getting a bit more expensive...but they still beat the crap out of most places....best buy has good prices on just released cds....but both them and newbury have really high older cd prices.....
            Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
            you're pretty narcissistic
            enjoy that, nobody else does.
            Originally posted by Madklikor
            You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

• Futureshop is a lot like Best Buy: Sweet deals on new albums, but don't even think about buying something that's been out for over a year.

Comment

• i baffles me how stores like FYE, sam goody, and virgin stay in buisness. anyone who spends $20 for a cd needs to re-evaluate their spending habits.

Comment

• true

Comment

• Not to mention how easy it is to get good prices on the internet as well. I haven't bought from sam goody since I was 14.
                    sigpic
                    We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
                    Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                    happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

• Falling asleep, and waking up are some of the best feelings ever...
                      Wich is why I just spent an hour falling asleep for 4 minutes, then waking up, then falling asleep again, etc.
                      .. excellent

Comment

• "Falling asleep and waking up is the same..."

Comment

• Posting from my new apartment!.. Rock on

Comment

• nice!

Comment

• That's awesome, Knifeboy.
                              I only have a $9000 debt to settle before I can afford to find my own place.

Comment

• how much does everyone pay for rent...i pay 625 (split with roommate)

Comment

Working...
                                X