Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AnewKINDofFEELING
    replied
    Re: ................

Originally posted by Knifeboy View Post
    Land of the free, home of the brave
    It is worth noting that only one of the three, and his little sidekick, used a firearm. He did have the highest number, though. Maybe if that guy pumping gas had been carrying a nine....wait, sniper, nevermind. Which is interesting. You could have pulled that off with any decent hunting rifle, which will never been made illegal. They were using a Bushmaster XM-15, though.
    Last edited by AnewKINDofFEELING; October 11, 2011, 02:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Knifeboy
    replied

Land of the free, home of the brave

Leave a comment:

• AnewKINDofFEELING
    replied

Originally posted by SimpatiK View Post
    We got a murder in our town. Exciting times.
    There have been 69 homicides in Baton Rouge so far this year. At least there aren't any active serial killers right now. We had a run of those a few years ago.

He killed a coworker of mine's wife and massacred one of my neighbors in her house (within 100 yards of my apartment at the time). They were looking for a white truck that was seen transporting one of the bodies. I saw a matching vehicle parked in my dad's equipment lot and asked him, but he brushed it off because it was a black guy's truck, and all of the profilers, etc. said it was a white man. Turns out, it was the truck. My dad's employee had loaned it to his niece's boyfriend, Lee. The whole thing just hit really close to home.

Then there was the Beltway Sniper, John Allen Muhammad, born and raised in good old Baton Rouge. The whole "Beltway" aspect was slightly overblown. That killing spree crossed the country. The sister of the woman who cut my hair at the time was killed in Baton Rouge.

Luckily, I didn't have any connection to number 3:

Hopefully there aren't any more out there. Now we're typically dealing with thug on thug crime, but there have been some violent home invasions in ares of town adjacent to hoods.

Leave a comment:

• SimpatiK
    replied

We got a murder in our town. Exciting times.

Leave a comment:

• dsv
    replied

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
    For the record, although I don't actually save pages, why?
    because of the nice comedic flow (comparatively speaking)

Leave a comment:

• Ars Sycro
    replied

Originally posted by cribble View Post
    Kind of responsible for a lot of things considering he gave the go ahead when it came to usability, experience and technologies that we use today — even outside of Apple devices and software — so probably deserved as much credit/discredit he deserved… Also, friggin' love the man for founding one of my all time favourite animation studios.
    Yes... he did more than any single person in the technology industries when it comes to usability and the overall user experience... but his devices were, for the most part, sleeker versions of pre-existing ideas. And while he ultimately gave the thumbs up/down on the ideas, people treat him as though he created the devices from dirt himself.

Leave a comment:

• AnewKINDofFEELING
    replied

Classy pig.

Leave a comment:

• Gnomad
    replied

Originally posted by And we'll just put a happy little bush over here. View Post
    Could've been talking about his penis.

Leave a comment:

• SimpatiK
    replied

Fuck Steve Jobs.

No one has deserved anything more than Tomas Tranströmer deserved won the nobel prize in literature today.

Leave a comment:

• AnewKINDofFEELING
    replied

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
    Yes, despite my general dislike for Jobs and Apple in general, I am bummed to hear he died. If it weren't for him, the PC market wouldn't be what it is today, and telling the difference between those that are actually computer literate and those that just like shiny toys would not be as obvious. Also, the iPod is a pretty revolutionary thing. Even though it existed before Apple got a hold of the concept, it was definitely perfected by them.

He might not have been directly responsible for the devices, but he did help create a company in which those that could create did. He was an important figure. I didn't care for how he ran his business, but he did something that effected quite of lot of people in this world. Past, present, and future.
    Yeah, he really is more the Japanese model. Take something that someone else created and make it better. He really does get credit for a lot more than he actually did because of his flashy presentations, but I do think he helped mold Apple's development processes.

However, the other side is that he also molded Apple into a company that I do not respect. I guess if you're a sucker for obsolete equipment, Apple is for you. You can always buy its obsolete replacement in 6 months.

Really, Apple is as bad or worse than Microsoft ever was. Their proprietary hardware is for suckers. My old roomie had a Hackintosh and it just illustrated how obscene their software licensing is.
    Last edited by AnewKINDofFEELING; October 6, 2011, 07:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• And we'll just put a happy little bush over here.
    replied

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBxPzhXFT6c

Leave a comment:

• cribble
    replied

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
    I think he often gets more credit for the devices than he deserves, but it's still sad.
    Kind of responsible for a lot of things considering he gave the go ahead when it came to usability, experience and technologies that we use today — even outside of Apple devices and software — so probably deserved as much credit/discredit he deserved… Also, friggin' love the man for founding one of my all time favourite animation studios.

Leave a comment:

• Gnomad
    replied

iTunes? What about Macintosh computers?

iTunes was not the first legal online music purchasing system. And they didn't perfect it either, it's still pretty flawed.

Leave a comment:

• noclevername
    replied

I have never owned an Apple product or purchased anything off of itunes, but I don't question the impact they had on their respective markets.

Leave a comment:

• One Second Clubber
    replied

iPod? What about iTunes?

He changed the way we buy music. He changed the entire music industry. You can say that it was Napsters doing but he made it marketable and legal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X