Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gnomad
    replied
    Re: ................

Yes, despite my general dislike for Jobs and Apple in general, I am bummed to hear he died. If it weren't for him, the PC market wouldn't be what it is today, and telling the difference between those that are actually computer literate and those that just like shiny toys would not be as obvious. Also, the iPod is a pretty revolutionary thing. Even though it existed before Apple got a hold of the concept, it was definitely perfected by them.

He might not have been directly responsible for the devices, but he did help create a company in which those that could create did. He was an important figure. I didn't care for how he ran his business, but he did something that effected quite of lot of people in this world. Past, present, and future.

Leave a comment:

• Ars Sycro
    replied

I think he often gets more credit for the devices than he deserves, but it's still sad.

Leave a comment:

• Gnomad
    replied

I shall bite my tongue.

A shame the man died.

Leave a comment:

• One Second Clubber
    replied

Shocked. One of the few people from my time that I can say truly changed the entire world for the better. Sure, there are more important things in life then cell phones, the music industry and computing. But if you think about how he helped drastically change how we all communicate, it's greatly important.

Leave a comment:

• And we'll just put a happy little bush over here.
    replied

Steve Jobs is dead.

Leave a comment:

• AnewKINDofFEELING
    replied

Originally posted by Knifeboy View Post
    Define "overdoing it"

To me it sounds like a "OH MY GOD I WAS JUST PEPPER SPRAYED BY A POLICEMAN FOR NO FUCKING REASON WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT ARGH I'M IN A STATE SHOCK" kinda scream. Very fitting
    The girl is screaming like she was in the middle of the the Kent State Massacre:

I've been maced (inadvertently, no less), and it sucked, but I wasn't in agony by any means. I guess some people just react more dramatically than others. Again, that doesn't in any way justify the fat pig's action. Getting maced does suck pretty bad.

Leave a comment:

replied

So, this is really disconcerting.

Leave a comment:

• Gnomad
    replied

I said people do it. I didn't say TO do it.

Also, it's different. A surgical mask doesn't hide your entire face. A Guy Fawkes mask doesn't just hide your face, it's another persons face.

I honestly don't remember my point, I was in a crappy mood last night.
    Last edited by Gnomad; October 1, 2011, 08:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

replied

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
    Man... I wish it were an anti-moron law... if you're going to have principles and protest that which you find unjust or wrong, do it with your own fucking face.

Protesters really suck these days. Fuck the police and fuck the hippies. They're all assholes.

God, I'm such a cranky old bastard...
    Wait. So originally you said wear a mask to keep you from getting maced. Now it is don't wear a mask?

Leave a comment:

• Knifeboy
    replied

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
    I think one of tue chicks was overdoing it. That in no way justifies the action, though. That alowed down version shows that fat, cowardly pig clearly. God bless America.
    Define "overdoing it"

To me it sounds like a "OH MY GOD I WAS JUST PEPPER SPRAYED BY A POLICEMAN FOR NO FUCKING REASON WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT ARGH I'M IN A STATE SHOCK" kinda scream. Very fitting

Leave a comment:

• Gnomad
    replied

Man... I wish it were an anti-moron law... if you're going to have principles and protest that which you find unjust or wrong, do it with your own fucking face.

Protesters really suck these days. Fuck the police and fuck the hippies. They're all assholes.

God, I'm such a cranky old bastard...

Leave a comment:

replied

No, I think it had to do with prohibition....
    ---
    I was way off

Leave a comment:

• Gnomad
    replied

Maybe it was an anti-moron law.

Leave a comment:

replied

Yup. It was not an anti-Klan law, if i recall.

Leave a comment:

• Ars Sycro
    replied

Protesters were arrested in New York for wearing the Guy Fawkes mask.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X