Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Water & Bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Water & Bodies

well, that is my personal opinion, I know that Atlantic was investigating signing both bands at a similar time period. Although Circa had been successful, it was shortly after Atlantic passed on those K-fly demo's, that they holed up in a house to begin writing for their now major label debut. That sorta thing can get fairly expensive especially considering that they took their time and seemed to be devoting themselves entirely to that. That prob came about with some help from Atlantic. I feel like Circa and K-fly occupied a similar realm musically as far as what a major label would want. There aren't a ton of bands of that genre on big time majors, maybe on large scale subsidiaries, but it seems as though Circa will be releasing they're new record directly on Atlantic, which really stands for something. I doubt Atlantic would have needed two similar bands to head in that direction with. And don't misconstrue this so it seems as though any of the K-fly guys are bitter towards the Circa dudes, it's not like that at all. Those are just the realistic sequence of events that I saw occur and what seemingly makes sense to me. It actually helped the W&B's dudes be able to put K-fly to rest for the time being and be productive with something new, being passed on by Atlantic. K-fly may pop it's head up here and there. Water and Bodies just needs to get itself a little more on the ground before the K-fly members will be able to devote some time to that project. There is good things on the way from W&B's. You should be hearing something by mid-January. If your in the NW make sure you make it out to there show at the Doug Fir in January, there'll be some limited edition merch items available.

Comment

it may be for the best, and I'm sure the band has no ill-will towards Circa Survive, but it's just another case for me personally where a band I love gets passed over for a band I don't care about. I will say, given the fact David Botrill is going to work with CS, I will give their new record a chance. But by no means does that make the fact a label picked them over Kaddisfly, seem any better.

But perhaps it's for the best. A major label contract comes with expectations and pressure, and some bands start to lose their art so-to-speak. So, whenever K-Fly get back together, at least no outside parties will have any involvement in the process.

But certainly, us fans know how hard they worked and that financially they really deserve something a contract would bring. But this is starting to sound like a soapbox.

Follow @waterandbodies and get more of the good stuff by joining Tumblr today. Dive in!

I did notice W&B's are releasing a new 7-song ep in January at that show in Portland. I'd love to come to it. But then again, I'd have loved to have got the promotion at my company recently, but I did not. If my finances improve, I'll have to think about it.
      allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

update/documentary

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

album release show is Wednesday.
        Last edited by SoundscapeMN; January 11, 2010, 07:42 AM.
        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Headed there now!
          Originally posted by Gnomad
          I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
          Originally posted by auto-de-fe
          do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

damn, I want to hear the new ep. But 1 thing I'm still puzzled by is what the new ep is actually called.
            allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

New Song Added.

We just posted a brand new song off our upcoming new Self Titled EP2 on our ilike page. The track is called "Hard to Pin" Listen, share, enjoy.
              allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

New Song Added.

We just posted a brand new song off our upcoming new Self Titled EP2 on our ilike page. The track is called "Hard to Pin" Listen, share, enjoy.
                allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Definitely one of my faves!

Super God.
                  do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Great stuff. Is the new ep already on sale somewhere?
                    I can see a washed out moon through the fog.

Comment

Nope. It comes out february 16th via rain city records.

Comment

A release date has been set for our second EP titled The Rain City Sessions part 2. You can purchase it digitally through Rain City Records on Feb 16, 2010. Please help us out and pick up a copy!

Track Listing for Rain City Sessions Part 2:

Life is Education

Hard to Pin

…To the Sun

Moments in a Life

Bizarre

Over Grown Cloud

Love,

Beau, Christopher, Kelsey, and Aaron
                        Last edited by SoundscapeMN; February 3, 2010, 12:39 PM.
                        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Any plans on touring the Midwest in 2010?

Comment

Tucker might know.

Artwork

allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

A lot will depend on how much money and attention this EP can generate.

My favorites on the EP are "Hard to Pin," "...To The Sun," and "Over Grown Cloud." Tons of different sounds on this one, really different from the first release.

Super God.

Comment

Can't wait to get a copy of this.

Comment

Working...
                                X