Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Water & Bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Water & Bodies

I finally got this today, and I'm not entirely sure what certain people aren't hearing, but I'm loving this EP. Not as much as the Kaddisfly records, but that's because it's not meant to be compared to the Kaddisfly records. This is a separate body of work, from 4 of the people who happened to be involved in Kaddisfly. At least that's how I see it. Kind of the way that Stephen Brodsky's solo records are so different from Cave In's records. Excited for a full-length.
    Facebook / Twitter

Comment

they're on twitter now (I know, what a shock!)

and also they posted a bit about the current recording and a tour.

its been a minute....

howdy.

the big news is the “tour”, obviously. so excited. make it out and make out with someone (not from our group….well….stragner things have happened). here you go:

Sunday July 12 – Portland, OR @ Satyricon W/ The Surrender (all ages)

Friday July 17 – Redding, CA @ The Downtown Eatery

Saturday July 18 – San Francisco, CA @ Hotel Utah w/Ambience & Montana 1948 21+

Sunday July 19 – Somewhere CA HOUSE PARTY?? HELP!!

Tue July 21 – Lake Forest, CA @ Gypsy Lounge w/ The Surrender 21+

Wed July 22 – Silver Lake, CA @ Silver Lake Lounge W/ So Many Wizards & Hotel St. George. 21+

Thur July 23 – Sacramento, CA or Chico, CA HELP!! MORE PARTY??

Friday July 24 – Salem, OR @ The Space 21+

Saturday July 26 – Portland, OR @ Kelly’s Olympian W/ Holy Rolling Empire

Friday Aug 7th - Portland, OR @ Ash St Saloon W/ Pinehurst Kids 21+

now…..we’ve been demoing stuff in the basement and thats been a joy. ideas and layers and more “production” then the EP….thats what im thinking. the goal: sound as much like steely dan as possible. recording wise. and i suppose song wise as well. alright!

see you cali folk in a week

loves,

-kbk
      allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

a cover of Chris Isaak wicked games from last night...

Comment

meh, Kaddisfly was better. And they weren't even that good.

Comment

ooh..September?

Follow @waterandbodies and get more of the good stuff by joining Tumblr today. Dive in!

3. We’ve been writing like crazy in all our spare time and things are sounding fab! We have a big surprise to tell you all about, but we might just drop it on you when it finished! hint hint. All I can say is September will be a busy month, busy in a good way
            allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Went to their show the other night at Ash Street Saloon in Portland. Here's the setlist:

Celebration Song
              (4 On The Floor)
              (Steely Dan)
              (Smoking Like A Gun)
              Animals
              (Hit) Moments In A Life
              (New) Lions Share
              Free World
              Naked In The Rain
              Something I Can Grasp
              Wicked Game

() denotes a new songs working title. The ones with a name after the () are just lyrics from the song.
              Last edited by dredgfan001; September 18, 2009, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Does anyone know about W&B live recordings being available somewhere?
                I can see a washed out moon through the fog.

Comment

yes.

"Smoking Like A Gun" ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEOAIi2IMqQ
                  Last edited by dredgfan001; September 17, 2009, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bokkers View Post
                    Does anyone know about W&B live recordings being available somewhere?
                    i hav 2 i need to upload... one sounds pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by hungover View Post
                      i hav 2 i need to upload... one sounds pretty good.
                      Bump. I would love to hear this.

Comment

KADDISFLY's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

2 new songs/demos uploaded "Man On a String" and "Lately."
                        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

I hope this means Kaddisfly are coming back. These songs are great.
                          BLOG
                          DEPTHS
                          RABBIT HOLE

Comment

nope, these songs are from Sept. '08. They are the songs they did for Atlantic, and subsequently Atlantic signed Circa Survive over them. not getting back together at all, just old news. also, this is from a time period when they were in-limbo and weren't sure if they were remaining Kaddisfly or not. The songs are done as a 4-piece with Kelsey on bass.
                            Last edited by dredgfan001; December 2, 2009, 05:39 PM.

Comment

FUCK. ME.

I still am in shock they're not together. What the FUCK.
                              BLOG
                              DEPTHS
                              RABBIT HOLE

Comment

Circa Survive was signed instead of Kaddisfly?

............................................______ __
                                ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
                                .............................,.-”...................................“-.,
                                .........................,/...............................................”:,
                                .....................,?........................... ...........................\,
                                .................../.................................................. .........,}
                                ................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
                                .............../.................................................. .,:”........./
                                ..............?................................... ...........:`.........../
                                ............./__.(.....“~-,..............................,:`........../
                                .........../(....”~,........“~,....................,:`........ _/
                                ..........{..$;......”=,.......“-,.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
                                ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
                                ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`..... }............../
                                ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
                                ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
                                .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
                                ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
                                .....`=~-,\......`\,.................................\
                                ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
                                ................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
                                .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
                                ........................................\......... ..,-%.......`\
                                ...................................,<`..|,-&``................`\
                                allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X