Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Water & Bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Water & Bodies

Originally posted by hungover View Post
    horrible is a pretty harsh word, i find it pretty asshole-ish to call something (you) don't care for horrible, yeah you might not like it but it doesn't make it horrible!
    i really don't like it. it's horrible to me. it may not be to you. it's like, i think cheesecake is horrible. you may love it. doesn't make it any less horrible to me.
    Last edited by sangreal314; April 15, 2009, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Yeah, that first song was really missing something. It just didn't sound right. Seriously a disappointment...

Second song was much better and I'd listen to it again. I was surprised to hear how rough the vocals were at times. But still a solid tune...

I guess I just have to keep in mind that this isn't Kaddisfly anymore. They sound like they're taking a TOTALLY new approach to song writing...
      Originally posted by Ars Sycro
      I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by One Second Clubber View Post
        Yeah, that first song was really missing something. It just didn't sound right. Seriously a disappointment...

Second song was much better and I'd listen to it again. I was surprised to hear how rough the vocals were at times. But still a solid tune...

I guess I just have to keep in mind that this isn't Kaddisfly anymore. They sound like they're taking a TOTALLY new approach to song writing...

it's missing good vocals. the vocals sound really bad. i know they did it on their own, but damn.

Comment

there are 5 more songs on the ep that'll be available on May 15th.
          allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Yeah, I'm holding out hope for those withheld songs. These really didn't thrill me at all.
            Originally posted by Gnomad
            Semen and anger... definitely dredg fans.
            Originally posted by noclevername
            stretch marks are a big ol cosmic thumbs up.

Comment

I dig both of these tunes. They're different, sure, but they're supposed to be. They're still well written, melodic, and hold even more optimism for me for the rest of the ep and this group. These guys are talented songwriters, I'd never question that.
              allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SoundscapeMN View Post
                I dig both of these tunes. They're different, sure, but they're supposed to be. They're still well written, melodic, and hold even more optimism for me for the rest of the ep and this group. These guys are talented songwriters, I'd never question that.
                I actually think the problem is that they're NOT different.

Kaddisfly is different.

This is not.
                BLOG
                DEPTHS
                RABBIT HOLE

Comment

Originally posted by oO dredgolfo Oo View Post
                  I actually think the problem is that they're NOT different.

Kaddisfly is different.

This is not.
                  um, "different" how?..I was meaning *different FROM KADDISFLY*

Water & Bodies =/= Kaddisfly

I wish people would keep that in mind whenever listening to these.

They don't sound much like Kaddisfly at all.

Are they *different* than your avg corporate pop?..yeah, certainly. So I don't follow what your point is. They're well written songs, 1st and foremost. That's all i need to fucking know. You don't hear that, well that's your taste. But to try and make W&B's to be K-fly part 2 is not fair. It's not supposed to be.
                  Last edited by SoundscapeMN; April 16, 2009, 06:59 AM.
                  allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

I've never expected this project to be anything like Kaddisfly, and I've kept that in mind the whole time. I liked Kaddsifly I might not be so fond of "not Kaddisfly" yet. I hope they grow on me because I really like these guys. If they ever end up near me I will go to the show though.
                    Originally posted by Gnomad
                    Semen and anger... definitely dredg fans.
                    Originally posted by noclevername
                    stretch marks are a big ol cosmic thumbs up.

Comment

I like both songs. I don't know which I like better, Something I can grasp has an awesome climax whilst Freeworld is just killer hooks, killer riff and facefuckingly awesome. Hmm... I shall enjoy this confusion over a cup of tea and another gazillion listens! Loving it.
                      (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

I'm enjoying the vocals on these two tracks more than the vocals on any of the kaddisfly songs I've heard *shrug*

Comment

These songs are officially growing on me.

Comment

there must be a lot of people that don't like it. they felt the need to defend it.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

For the record
                            for the record……
                            1. our EP was recorded live and raw intentionally. the goal was to
                            minimize use of technological aides and overdubs, creating a recording
                            that captured the pure essence of what happens when the 4 of us play
                            tunes. no drum replacing/beat detective, no autotune/mellodyne and a
                            few vocal overdubs. in the coming months we will be releasing the
                            video footage from the sessions so folks can see how it went down.

2. this is not “kaddisfly 2.0” or anything remotly resembing it.
                            the thought process and goals of this project are very much different
                            from those of our previous band. if kaddisfly were posion, then water
                            and bodies would be mid-80’s era michael mcdonald. different bag.
                            when the 4 of us started this thing, we quickly realized that kile made
                            kaddisfly, and carring that torch without him felt wrong. so we went
                            with our gut, new direction yada yada yada.

better. its going to be 80 degrees today. beer, bikes and…..beer?
                            thanks for maybe listening. loves.

-kbk

Comment

rough.

i still haven't listened to these songs.

i feel bad, cause i have much love for the guys from kaddisfly/their music...but at the same time, i just haven't felt a need to check this out yet.
                              Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
                              you're pretty narcissistic
                              enjoy that, nobody else does.
                              Originally posted by Madklikor
                              You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

2-weeks from today it's available.

artwork.

allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X