Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Circa Survive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Circa Survive

Absolutely love this CD. Their most consistent and solid effort. Juturna still has a place in my heart and "All Your Friends Are Gone" is still my favorite Circa song off of On Letting Go. This band is 3/3.
    BLOG
    DEPTHS
    RABBIT HOLE

Comment

Not bad, though the vocal melody on the verse of "I Felt Free" sounds too much like the melody from the Cosby Show theme song. Needless to say, I have a hard time listening to that track.

Lots of good tracks on this album though.
      - -- --- ----

Comment

can someone repost the link?
        Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

It's OK. Juturna and On Letting Go are a lot better, though.

Comment

Originally posted by oO dredgolfo Oo View Post
            Absolutely love this CD. Their most consistent and solid effort. Juturna still has a place in my heart and "All Your Friends Are Gone" is still my favorite Circa song off of On Letting Go. This band is 3/3.
            Pretty much this... I am in love with this cd.
            Facebook / Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
              It's OK. Juturna and On Letting Go are a lot better, though.
              I agree... its good. But the other two are better.

I think the new Minus the Bear album wins this round of releases. That album is stupendous.

Comment

Honestly, it's just kind of disappointing all around. I had some pretty high hopes for this one and it's completely uninteresting. Oh well... maybe next time.

Comment

i wouldn't go as far as to say its uninteresting. Its just doesn't have the umph the other records had.

Comment

I like it, but definitely don't love it. I agree with sittingsideways, it just doesn't feel as passionate to me as I was expecting from them. Having a similar issue with the new MTB. Although thats strictly with the vocals.
                    DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

I've only listened once and have yet to grab a copy, but it is easily my favorite Circa record.
                      Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                      Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

interesting.

Comment

GLEE’S MADONNA POWER LANDS AT #1 Third Columbia Compilation Beats Out AC/DC for Top Spot April 21, 2010 The combined Power of Glee and Madonna will result in a chart-topp

Looks like their first week numbers are strong - 30-35k, definitely their best debut yet. Top 10 on Billboard, perhaps?

The rise begins.
                          Originally posted by Gnomad
                          I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                          Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                          do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

of course the one that makes them bigger is the one that i dislike... i remember this formula.

Comment

Originally posted by Sittingsideways View Post
                              of course the one that makes them bigger is the one that i dislike... i remember this formula.
                              I can relate to this too. I don't really dislike BSN, but it's not in the same league as OLG. The most frustrating part is that some of the songwriting is just as strong on this one, but the execution is highly annoying and detracts from everything else - i.e., the kids chanting in Glass Arrows and Dyed in the Wool, and the overproduced feel/loud mastering. Basically, I dislike most of the elements that changed between their past two releases and this one.

I'm pretty sure the OLG sessions will prove to be the peak for these guys. And that's not to rag on the new material, it's just that that batch of songs was so incredible... even the B-sides were eargasmic.
                              Last edited by Corroded Halo; April 26, 2010, 11:27 PM.

Comment

I just don't understand how anybody could dislike this CD.
                                Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                                Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Working...
                                X