Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Circa Survive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Circa Survive

cum hear
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

this isn't the Harvard record is it?

Comment

Harvard? I'd be surprised, as it leaked since it's on what.cd and the size is pretty close to the same as that.
        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Today:

Circa Survive - Blue Sky Noise (Deluxe Edition) [2010]

Quality: WEB / 320Kbps
          Release Date: 2010-04-20

Tracklist:
          1. Strange Terrain
          2. Get Out
          3. Glass Arrows
          4. I Felt Free
          5. Imaginary Enemy
          6. Through the Desert
          7. Frozen Creek
          8. Fever Dreams
          9. Spirit of The Stairwell
          10. The Longest Mile
          11. Compendium
          12. Dyed in the Wool

Bonus tracks included in the deluxe edition:
          13. Get Out (Safe Camp Sessions Acoustic Version)
          14. I Felt Free (Safe Camp Sessions Acoustic Version)
          15. Dyed in the Wool (Safe Camp Sessions Acoustic Version)
          16. Every Way (Safe Camp Sessions Acoustic Version)

Last.fm

Comment

I'm rocking this out stratospherically.
            ---
            First listen: in love.
            (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

i saw this download link and then i
              JIZZED
              IN MY
              PANTS.

edit: links are b0rken.

Comment

Originally posted by SoundscapeMN View Post
                Harvard? I'd be surprised, as it leaked since it's on what.cd and the size is pretty close to the same as that.
                somone claimed it was leaked a few days ago and it turned out to be a Harvard album.

but this is legit and it's pretty badass.

Comment

Son... Of.. A... BITCH!!!

Links don't work...

fjklaopifnlsafdnlsfdoifadiuafoiafuio!~!!!#13!
                  Originally posted by Ars Sycro
                  I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad
                    I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                    Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                    do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree View Post
                      *kisses*
                      Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                      Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

I have to say that I think this is certainly their most mature record to date. The lyrics have a striking negative quality to them, but in a sincere and earnest way. "Strange Terrain" is a growing favorite, but "Glass Arrows," "Through the Desert," "Fever Dreams" and "The Longest Mile" are just fantastic. I think "Spirit of the Stairwell" is a little out of place and probably would have made more sense on a solo Anthony record, but altogether I think this is their best effort yet. Bottrill did a fantastic job bringing Nick (bass) up into the mix for the first time in the band's career, and the drums on this record are stellar as well. Anthony sings much lower in his register on this one as well, and I think it suits him nicely.

The record as a whole seems to get better on subsequent listens, and "Get Out" and "Imaginary Enemy" make more sense in the context of the record. I do think it's worth noting that the two tracks that I find the most "mainstream" or predictable - "Imaginary Enemy" and "I Felt Free" - were both written primarily by Colin.
                        Originally posted by Gnomad
                        I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                        Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                        do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Thanks Rule...

...love this album. Another great release by these guys. Circa has yet to disappoint in my eyes...
                          Originally posted by Ars Sycro
                          I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Bottrill did a fantastic job bringing Nick (bass) up into the mix for the first time in the band's career, and the drums on this record are stellar as well.
                            That's definitely a good move. Reminds me of Fair to Midland and Inter.funda.stifle. The mixing on that album left a LOT to be desired for me. It's like the bass doesn't even exist. It just makes everything sound so tinny. Then you listen to the same songs on Fables, and the difference is night and day. And I just randomly noticed that Bottrill did that album. Go figure.

I know some of you might hate me for it, but I think I'm going to give this album a serious try. His track record speaks for itself.
                            ---
                            Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
                            *kisses*
                            See, I knew you were a fag for liking such a high-pitched singer.
                            I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                            I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                            A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                            To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Agh, Brock, you beat me to the album sum-up, and I totally agree.

Bottrill did a fantastic job bringing Nick (bass) up into the mix for the first time in the band's career, and the drums on this record are stellar as well.
                              Yeah, I noticed that; it just sounds musically tighter in comparison to the other albums. Definitely their tightest recording for these guys.

If there's one thing about this album that slightly bugs me, track 7-9 is a bit of slog — slow track, fast track, slow track — pacing felt odd. Maybe a few listens might iron it out, but it makes me all meh up in this bitch.
                              (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Wow, the production on this album is beautiful. Absolutely crystal clear

Comment

Working...
                                X