Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

ambulette broke up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To steer this thread back on topic - no way! yes way!

I obtained all the songs from their unreleased LP, although technically it's not fully mastered (it was never 100% finished to begin with), I've gotten permission from Ambulette to play anything from it on my radio show... though I am most interested in playing "Stay", god that song is great - I'm pretty sure they played it during the tour w/ Dredg and Ours, there's a live boot of it going around from the Boston show I think.

anyway, my radio show Penguins in the Desert (gee, where did I get that name from?) is going to start back up this coming Sunday the 23rd (it's on my college station), I'll post a thread somewhere about it - but in the mean time http://myspace.com/whrwpenguins

The CD is fantastic, I can't wait to play it.
    @HayleyFiasco

Penguins in the Desert

Comment

• yeh...Stay is up on my youtube page
      Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
      you're pretty narcissistic
      enjoy that, nobody else does.
      Originally posted by Madklikor
      You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

• I'm looking fwd to hearing it Hayley. These guys should have toured with Vedera..I'm not sure if it's the female-fronted Rock thing..or they both opened for dredg..but for some reason I think those 2 groups should have toured together. Maybe in another incarnation they will.
        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

• damn thread got back on track.
          sigpic
          We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
          Originally posted by auto-de-fe
          happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

• I'm torrenting a soundboard on the traders' den. I think the 3 audience recordings are all dead seed wise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ours
              To steer this thread back on topic - no way! yes way!

I obtained all the songs from their unreleased LP, although technically it's not fully mastered (it was never 100% finished to begin with), I've gotten permission from Ambulette to play anything from it on my radio show... though I am most interested in playing "Stay", god that song is great - I'm pretty sure they played it during the tour w/ Dredg and Ours, there's a live boot of it going around from the Boston show I think.

anyway, my radio show Penguins in the Desert (gee, where did I get that name from?) is going to start back up this coming Sunday the 23rd (it's on my college station), I'll post a thread somewhere about it - but in the mean time http://myspace.com/whrwpenguins

The CD is fantastic, I can't wait to play it.
              i feel better about this being here, now that they gave permission...

Excuse the (crappy) mastering job done by me, if anyone wants to try to salvage, feel free. This isn't an official tracklisting, either.

Part 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IT5LUC54

Part 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5LEFQ7I0
              Facebook / Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by Stars Die

Excuse the (crappy) mastering job done by me, if anyone wants to try to salvage, feel free. This isn't an official tracklisting, either.

Just wondering is this a version of their unmastered recordings that you mastered?

Comment

• Originally posted by emptyzero
                  Originally posted by Stars Die

Just wondering is this a version of their unmastered recordings that you mastered?
                  Yeah... It's not really mastered that well at all, i just tried to raise the volume a bit and used Ableton to add a mastering chain.
                  Facebook / Twitter

Comment

• Not that I don't want to check out what you did to it but would you be up for upping the raw recordings? I'm just curious how they originally sounded. If you don't want to or were asked not to that's cool, I just thought I would ask.

Thank you for sharing your mastering of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by emptyzero
                      Not that I don't want to check out what you did to it but would you be up for upping the raw recordings? I'm just curious how they originally sounded. If you don't want to or were asked not to that's cool, I just thought I would ask.

Thank you for sharing your mastering of it.
                      I actually don't have them any longer... My hard drive died last week. I'm sure people are around who have them, I'll try and find what I can.
                      Facebook / Twitter

Comment

• i downloaded it, but ever song has a staticy overpowering sound as soon as the drums come in.  dissapointing...i'm not sure why they turned out like that.
                        Originally posted by vsd
                        ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

• hmmm, i don't know why that would be either. I burned them to CD and they sound fine, if a little low volumewise (best i could get without clipping).
                          Facebook / Twitter

Comment

• nero won't even read the files which makes no sense since they are .wav files.

hmm...i wonder if it has something to do with my extractor?  winace?
                            Originally posted by vsd
                            ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

• No idea.. I encoded with the free version of WinRAR.
                              Facebook / Twitter

Comment

• I'd love to hear any Ambulette boots - someone on myspace once said they'd send me a torrent and they haven't... oh well. if you got 'em up again, send me it and I'll love you haha. I've had the boston boot of "Stay" on repeat for everrrrr, I assume that's your recording?

Whoever it was from the band that replied to my message seemed kind of bitter, but here's their full reply (with the blessing to share the tracks):

"whatever version you have is still unmastered as we never had any money to finish the process and master the recording. it just probably sounds better than the small bandwidth on myspace.
                                play anything on there as much as possible. burn and give it to as many people as you'd like. do anything you'd like with it."
                                @HayleyFiasco

Penguins in the Desert

Comment

Working...
                                X