Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Everythingwentblack’s Weblog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Everythingwentblack’s Weblog

Originally posted by drummerjs View Post
    my point exactly. people take things way to personally. he's a touring musician, doesnt get much sleep, is away from his family and girlfriend for weeks at a time, he probably gets in bad moods sometimes. im sure hes a really great person, and i know for a fact gavin and drew are, ive had numerous conversations with gavin, and drew was about the nicest guy ive ever met.
    but none of that appplies to the Tombs guy, right?

Shit, I mean, he didn't even say anything negative about the band members. Just that they had an unnneeded entourage and their manager was a dick, which most managers are.

Talk about taking shit personally... This board needs to clean the sand out of its vagina.

Comment

of course it does. thats another aspect of what i was saying. people here are taking this guys opinion too seriously
      ---
      i really don't think you understood my statements, gtrplyr7. my point was that people on both sides of the argument shouldnt take things so seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by gtrplyr7 View Post

Shit, I mean, he didn't even say anything negative about the band members. Just that they had an unnneeded entourage and their manager was a dick, which most managers are.

Talk about taking shit personally... This board needs to clean the sand out of its vagina.
        the guy was talking shit about dredg and mostly dredg's whole camp. he also made it a point to let everyone know that he didn't even attempt to speak to dredg the entire time they were with them. he is a dick. if he wasn't a dick, he could have hung out with them and found that they're cool guys. so fuck him.

Comment

well apparently they didn't bother to go say hi either.

Comment

shrug. i don't know anything about that guy aside from what he posted in his blog.

i just thought it was ignorant of him to assume dredg couldn't pull in more than 100 people to a show, based on a tour where they were the odd band out on the bill.

i would assume that someone in the music industry, who probably also had to play to small crowds on a tour where they didn't really fit in either would know enough not to make those kind of snark comments, since every band has to deal with the same sort of thing at some point or another.

aside from that, i don't care what his opinions are of dredg/their music/their tour manager. to each their own. but to say that dredg is a lame band with minimal fans based on a series of shows where they weren't targeting their normal audience is ignorant. just like it would be ignorant for me to say that torche is unpopular, even though the majority of reviews i've heard from dredg fans weren't positive....just not the same type of music.
            Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
            you're pretty narcissistic
            enjoy that, nobody else does.
            Originally posted by Madklikor
            You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Umm, he also called dredg fans some unkind names.

The difference here is that the guy took the time to make SEVERAL blog posts about it. That's not the same as being randomly approached by typically over-anxious fans.
              ---
              Originally posted by evasivetear View Post
              shrug. i don't know anything about that guy aside from what he posted in his blog.

i just thought it was ignorant of him to assume dredg couldn't pull in more than 100 people to a show, based on a tour where they were the odd band out on the bill.

i would assume that someone in the music industry, who probably also had to play to small crowds on a tour where they didn't really fit in either would know enough not to make those kind of snark comments, since every band has to deal with the same sort of thing at some point or another.

aside from that, i don't care what his opinions are of dredg/their music/their tour manager. to each their own. but to say that dredg is a lame band with minimal fans based on a series of shows where they weren't targeting their normal audience is ignorant. just like it would be ignorant for me to say that torche is unpopular, even though the majority of reviews i've heard from dredg fans weren't positive....just not the same type of music.
              It's not just dredg fans. I've seen several Torche fans say that they sounded like crap. One in particular mentioned the overkill guitar rig washing out every other sound on stage.

As for not fitting on a bill, dredg doesn't exactly fit with the Deftones sound, but I remember turning around to see the ENTIRE crowd at the House of Blues bobbing their heads to Same Ol Road. dredg understood that the Deftones crowd wasn't there for them, though. They just tried to be gracious and win over as many fans as possible...and OH BY GOD they did. Now they packed a bar in Baton Rouge and I have to believe that's a product of a few things, winning over the Deftones crowd in New Orleans and being pimped by about 10-15 people in Baton Rouge.
              I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
              I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
              A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
              To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
                Umm, he also called dredg fans some unkind names.

The difference here is that the guy took the time to make SEVERAL blog posts about it. That's not the same as being randomly approached by typically over-anxious fans.
                aww boo fucking hoo.

He said dredg draws bro's and idiots. Guess what, they do. So does his band. So does every band.

Maybe it was a recurring issue for him to repeatedly post about it. You see, this is his personal blog that probably doesnt get looked at by a billion people. He didnt go on MTV and bash anyone. He probably didnt think that many people would even read it. So why go out of his way to repeatedly bring it up unless it was something that stood out to him?

Do we really need to start quoting exactly what he said in order to point out why it wasn't so bad?

God forbid people have opinions. Gnomad showed himself to be as ignorant as the guy we're talking about already...join him if you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
                  Trump has done things I care about. He's made a shit load of money. I would listen to him.
                  having money means nothing. if you know how to fuck everybody over you can have lots of money. i could be fucking rich tomorrow, but the damage done to my karma and integrity would would be irreparable.

Metal is one of the most generic genres out there, though.
                  dude.... "generic genre"... srsly?

as far as that ignorant "tombs asshole", he was out of place going on about his approximation of crowd sizes before and after particular sets. and truth be told dredg has directly reached more people with their music in one way or another than Mike Hill ever has or will. you will never flip past a rerun of jimmy kimmel and see "TOMBS".

Comment

Originally posted by del024 View Post
                    dude.... "generic genre"... srsly?
                    Yeah, I had that conversation with a friend earlier...
                    ---
                    aww boo fucking hoo.

He said dredg draws bro's and idiots. Guess what, they do. So does his band. So does every band.

Maybe it was a recurring issue for him to repeatedly post about it. You see, this is his personal blog that probably doesnt get looked at by a billion people. He didnt go on MTV and bash anyone. He probably didnt think that many people would even read it. So why go out of his way to repeatedly bring it up unless it was something that stood out to him?

Do we really need to start quoting exactly what he said in order to point out why it wasn't so bad?

God forbid people have opinions. Gnomad showed himself to be as ignorant as the guy we're talking about already...join him if you wish.
                    Seriously man, you can lick the sweat off of my balls for all I care, it's not going to make your point any more intelligent

Gnomad had a very good point that you chose to ignore.

Get the fuck out of the thread if it bothers you so much.
                    ---
                    I give you hypocrisy.

Comment

Ah, let up on him. That's just his way.
                      ---
                      Originally posted by del024 View Post
                      having money means nothing. if you know how to fuck everybody over you can have lots of money. i could be fucking rich tomorrow, but the damage done to my karma and integrity would would be irreparable.
                      That's not the only way he made his money.

Anyway, my point was that this whole thing is pretty silly. It' just a blog and I don't see why any of us should care about what he has to say. Now, I'm gonna go back to not caring about some random dude I've never met...
                      Last edited by Gnomad; May 26, 2009, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
                        That not the only way he made his money.
                        It's not the only way, but it is a big part of his fortune.

I consider Donald Trump one rung up from Kenneth Lay.

Comment

It's not the only way, but it is a big part of his fortune.

I consider Donald Trump one rung up from Kenneth Lay.
                          Ouch. That's pretty harsh.

Well, I'm not going to defend the dude... no doubt, he is one slimy fucker.

Comment

you people blow my mind.
                            Last edited by gtrplyr7; May 27, 2009, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Racist.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X