Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Everythingwentblack’s Weblog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Everythingwentblack’s Weblog

Originally posted by sangreal314 View Post
    nah, he said a lot more than that. i actually would not expect him to like dredg's music, with the kind of music he plays. and i don't care that he doesn't like it either. where he was ignorant was saying things like dredg only pulls in 100 people a night or most people leave before dredg. fact is dredg is much bigger than his band. i've seen dredg in places with capacity around 1000. the only way tombs plays places that big is opening for 3 other bands. he was just out of place/out of line with a lot of what he said.
    I disagree. Just because he's in a smaller band at the moment doesn't mean he doesn't have eyes. If people left before they played, he was there...we weren't. If they only drew 100 people, he'd know better than we would.

He made an observation in his personal blog that got posted on a bunch of message boards and ripped apart by protective dredg fans.

I saw dredg 2 weeks ago play for LESS than 100 people. Believe me, that shit happens.

Comment

Originally posted by gtrplyr7 View Post
      I disagree. Just because he's in a smaller band at the moment doesn't mean he doesn't have eyes. If people left before they played, he was there...we weren't. If they only drew 100 people, he'd know better than we would.

He made an observation in his personal blog that got posted on a bunch of message boards and ripped apart by protective dredg fans.

I saw dredg 2 weeks ago play for LESS than 100 people. Believe me, that shit happens.
      it may happen. but he still came off as a condescending prick.

Comment

this guy reminds me of people on here complaining that "dino is a dick" or some shit. if the said person is in a bad mood when you encounter them, they will likely come across as a dick. people are too judgemental these days, life isnt meant to be taken so seriously
        ---
        people on here are included with this statement. if he doesnt like them, hes missing out. who cares.

Comment

I want to get hit in the face by 1 of dinos drum sticks b4 i die...make a wish!
          play ketchup

Comment

Originally posted by gtrplyr7 View Post
            But if you were a metalhead like them, they would be the "cool" people and the kids at dredg shows would be the losers who just stand around.

It all comes down to what scene you come from.
            Dude, I've been listening to metal since I was about 7 years old. If anything, I would have considered dredg too poppy for my taste 10 years ago. It's not that. To me, it's all about conveying emotion in a song. If the only emotion you can convey is "my mother doesn't love me enough," it bores the crap out of me.

Again, I LISTEN TO METAL. Some of my favorite bands, Meshuggah, Opeth, Strapping Young Lad, Sepultura....are metal bands. Hell, even Mikael from Opeth makes fun of stereotypical metal pricks at their shows. Drew is in a metal band, for fuck's sake.

I do not prescribe to any crowd. I go to metal shows and fit in. I go to country shows and fit in. I go to dredg shows and I fit in. I listen to whatever has heart and whatever displays both ability/talent and tact. That is my biggest complaint about a lot of metal. They lack tact.

When Fredrick joined Opeth, a lot of Opeth fans were afraid he'd bring his style of playing with him.....lots of tapping/shredding/sweeping. However, he joined the band and chose to fit in rather than stand out. Most metal musicians want to stand out.
            I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
            I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
            A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
            To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
              Who is this guy and why should we care what he thinks?

Oh... Tombs. Unoriginality for the win.
              they sound like a terrible version of helmet
              Facebookem, Danno | Twitter me this...

Comment

Originally posted by drummerjs View Post
                this guy reminds me of people on here complaining that "dino is a dick" or some shit. if the said person is in a bad mood when you encounter them, they will likely come across as a dick.
                That's the one I've never gotten. Dino has never been anything but cool with me. Now, I'm not just some random fan trying to talk to them, but I was at one point. At the Baton Rouge show, I was talking to Dino at the bar for a while. Then I said, "I'm sure you talk to enough people so I'll let you do your thing, man," and he shot that down really quickly. Basically, he asked me to just hang out for a while. I just couldn't ever imagine him being a dick for no particular reason. Not to mention he has 1. flicked my nipple and 2. made fun of me in front of an entire record store.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeparalyzed View Post
                  I want to get hit in the face by 1 of dinos drum sticks b4 i die...make a wish!
                  dude it's weird you say that. i got hit with half of one that exploded during their show in Cleveland back in November 08.
                  Facebookem, Danno | Twitter me this...

Comment

his comments remind me of the guy from dillinger escape plan. their music is pretty cool, but that guy is a total dick.

Comment

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
                      That's the one I've never gotten. Dino has never been anything but cool with me. Now, I'm not just some random fan trying to talk to them, but I was at one point. At the Baton Rouge show, I was talking to Dino at the bar for a while. Then I said, "I'm sure you talk to enough people so I'll let you do your thing, man," and he shot that down really quickly. Basically, he asked me to just hang out for a while. I just couldn't ever imagine him being a dick for no particular reason. Not to mention he has 1. flicked my nipple and 2. made fun of me in front of an entire record store.
                      my point exactly. people take things way to personally. he's a touring musician, doesnt get much sleep, is away from his family and girlfriend for weeks at a time, he probably gets in bad moods sometimes. im sure hes a really great person, and i know for a fact gavin and drew are, ive had numerous conversations with gavin, and drew was about the nicest guy ive ever met.

Comment

my point exactly. people take things way to personally. he's a touring musician, doesnt get much sleep, is away from his family and girlfriend for weeks at a time, he probably gets in bad moods sometimes. im sure hes a really great person, and i know for a fact gavin and drew are, ive had numerous conversations with gavin, and drew was about the nicest guy ive ever met.
                        No joke about Drew. The first time I met Drew was on the Deftones tour. I was at the merch booth and he just randomly walked up and started chatting. It wasn't even a "how was the show?" type of chatting. He was just hanging out.

The only one that I have ever seen in a bad mood was Gavin, but even then he came out and said hello to us. This was the night of the infamous "Number One Fan from Baton Rouge" incident. If anyone has the recording of that show, you'll know what I'm talking about.

The only one that seems somewhat unapproachable to me is Mark, but that's because he always seems busy. I don't know.

Comment

all of you are getting way too into this

Comment

Originally posted by fuckyeahfinnegan View Post
                            all of you are getting way too into this
                            Yeah, well your banana is rotten.

Comment

but none of that appplies to the Tombs guy, right?

Comment

Originally posted by prophetstyle View Post
                                dude it's weird you say that. i got hit with half of one that exploded during their show in Cleveland back in November 08.
                                dude its wierd that you say that cuz its your 666th post! CONGGRATZ

+=)
                                play ketchup

Comment

Working...
                                X