Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Everythingwentblack’s Weblog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Everythingwentblack’s Weblog

it's envy mostly. this guy is in a band where he still has to set up/break down his own gear and all that shit. dredg use to do that. apparently dredg is in the position to not have to do that anymore and they have guys that do it for them. this guy was like, who the fuck are dredg? i guess to an outsider it would appear that they are acting like pop stars. but the fact is that if this guy could afford to have it done for him, he probably would too. so i chalk it up to envy.

Comment

Lets check this stuff out...

All of the direct references to Dredg:

3-15-09 Iowa City, IA
      ---------------------

"There was an issue earlier on with Dredg’s tour manager; it was more like a misunderstanding but Thorns and I straightened it out. Those guys roll with a big crew so the discussion was over meal buy-out money. We had to have a talk but I think we’ll be on the same page from here on out. We’re only with them for a few days. I watched a bit of their set; not my thing, but a lot of the young people at the show seemed to be into it."

I don't see anything wrong with this at all.

He even mentioned how they'll try to work it out.

3-17-09 Tulsa, OK
      ------------------

"[1] It was an interesting mix of regular people that most likely were there to see Dredg and heavy music fans. [2] Dredg went on after us and did their kind of predictable thing with the vocals and guitar effects. Their whole thing is kind of funny; they’re rolling with this 8 person travel group yet they can only really draw about 100 people each night. I noticed that on the nights they headline over Pelican, a substantial amount of people wander out of the venue.

[3] Tomorrow we loose Dredg. It’ll be cool to not have to look at the Dredg tour manager guy anymore. He keeps glancing over at me and if tonight is the night he wants to say something to me, it may be a big mistake for him.

[4] I remember Tulsa being kind of a rough one. The stage was big and it was hard to hear anything. Dredg sound checked right up to door time so we didn’t really get an opportunity to set up a monitor mix. [5] It was St. Patrick’s day so a legion of dudes wearing green were there, getting drunk and getting groovey to Dredg. That’s pretty much their crowd: generic, drunk meatheads with their generic girlfriends. [6] Apparently, our buddy, their tour manager, was suffering from food poisoning and had to be rushed to the hospital."

[1] Regular people mixed with metalheads. No harm there.

[2] So in this section he establishes that he thinks Dredg is pretty simple music. The progressions are simple, the tones, etc. All of it. We also learn of his opinion towards Dredg having an entourage with them while they're playing club dates. Once again, what's the harm? Personally, I think it's silly, too.

[3] This is probably related to the 3-15-09 entry above.

[4] Dredg must have been late or been being jerks, too. Unless we're to assume Mike Hill is exaggerating everything. Really... who hogs all the sound check time on a club tour?

[5] This is a rude comment, but it's actually the truth. If you consider what the word generic means, most girls I've seen in support of Dredg are casual and/or generic. Many guys that hang out at Dredg shows are, in fact, "meatheads." You know, the big guys with the big attitudes and urge to drink and get high and be loud and obnoxious? In some cases, it's been worse with Dredg than it has at any metal shows I've been to. So once again, I don't see how it's bad beyond the simple fact that the comment is rude -- not quite unlike things said on this board.

[6] It's hard to tell how to take this. If you see the comment he made earlier, it seems he may be being sarcastic at this point.

3-18-09 San Antonion, TX
      --------------------------

"Last night in San Antonio was the last night of our dates with Dredg. I didn’t speak to any of the guys in the band the whole time we were out with them. Their whole thing was kind of alien to me. They had this road crew with them who loaded and unloaded their gear while they sat and worked on their laptops. This is a band that, without Pelican to help out, couldn’t really draw more than 100 people in my opinion. When Pelican finished their set, I noticed a substantial amount of people bailing. Honestly, I’ve never heard of Dredg before. When I saw their name on the itinerary, I thought they were an Eastern European Black Metal Band."

So he felt their entourage was unnecessary. So what?

And outside of this board, most people don't know who Dredg is.

So, even though I dislike Mike Hill, I think he may have a point (as exaggerated as it may be).

In the end, it seems something didn't work out from the 3-15-09 entry. Nothing hints at who or why it didn't work out. Was it Dredgs' fault? Dredgs' manager? Mike Hill? We don't know. The entries here don't finger point at all whatsoever. It's nothing more than personal opinions that seem to have developed from the experience.
      Last edited by Ooga; May 27, 2009, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ooga View Post
        [4] I remember Tulsa being kind of a rough one. The stage was big and it was hard to hear anything. Dredg sound checked right up to door time so we didn’t really get an opportunity to set up a monitor mix. [5] It was St. Patrick’s day so a legion of dudes wearing green were there, getting drunk and getting groovey to Dredg. That’s pretty much their crowd: generic, drunk meatheads with their generic girlfriends. [6] Apparently, our buddy, their tour manager, was suffering from food poisoning and had to be rushed to the hospital."

[5] This is a rude comment, but it's actually the truth. If you consider what the word generic means, most girls I've seen in support of Dredg are casual and/or generic. Many guys that hang out at Dredg shows are, in fact, "meatheads." You know, the big guys with the big attitudes and urge to drink and get high and be loud and obnoxious? In some cases, it's been worse with Dredg than it has at any metal shows I've been to. So once again, I don't see how it's bad beyond the simple fact that the comment is rude -- not quite unlike things said on this board.

[6] It's hard to tell how to take this. If you see the comment he made earlier, it seems he may be being sarcastic at this point.

dude who the hell isnt wearing green and getting drunk on St. Patty's Day... He is so emo he prolly doesnt celebrate holidays cuz hes all sad and shit, only wears black and pink...

dude and i seriously think he poisoned that guys meal....
        play ketchup

Comment

why is ooga the only person i agree with here?

Comment

Originally posted by fuckyeahfinnegan View Post

fuck if I know
            play ketchup

Comment

WHO THE FUCK CARES.

end this shit already.

your letting him win......

Comment

Cause he has the squirrel`?
                The O.C. Project
                http://lolo-extreme.myblog.de/
                Right? hoeh'?

Comment

Originally posted by Coquette612 View Post
                  WHO THE FUCK CARES.

end this shit already.

Comment

Originally posted by Coquette612 View Post
                    WHO THE FUCK CARES.

end this shit already.

your letting him win......
                    win? like letting the terrorists win?

Comment

I just want to put in a quick notice reminding everyone that, you are in fact all assholes. Every single one of you

Comment

Welcome to the club...

Comment

Originally posted by Knifeboy View Post
                          I just want to put in a quick notice reminding everyone that, you are in fact all assholes. Every single one of you
                          will you grow up..
                          play ketchup

Comment

anyone else start hearing this in your head... i turned and everything went black... every time you see this thread. i thought it was something about ours at first.
                            Last edited by sangreal314; May 27, 2009, 10:02 PM.

Comment

You know what? Fuck this thread. This is such garbage. It's fucking pathetic that some of you actually care to defend either side. I don't give a shit if he was talking about dredg or Muse or fucking Bob's Drunken Hoe-Down, he's an idiot for the mere fact that what he said can be turned right back around to him. What's more though, who fucking cares?! It's his opinion, he's entitled, just like I'm entitled to think he's an idiot. In the end, I don't expect him to care what I think of anything just like I don't care what he thinks of anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
                                Welcome to the club...

What do you mean? I started it

Comment

Working...
                                X