Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Everythingwentblack’s Weblog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Everythingwentblack’s Weblog

Originally posted by sangreal314 View Post
    sounds like they just didn't like dredg's tour manager. and from that spewed all the other stuff, just because he doesn't know dredg. it does suck that he didn't even try to get to know them. but it is understandable for them to be like, why the hell is dredg on this tour? personally, i love that they're touring with bands like pelican and torche, but they really do not fit. also, there have been much much worse things said about torche by people here. people are not tolerant enough of other types of music.
    Yeah, but Traversing doesn't claim to be a "review" site.

As for Tombs, that's their singer saying those things, so fuck Tombs. Their music is uninteresting, anyway.
    I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
    I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
    A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
    To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Who is this guy and why should we care what he thinks?

Oh... Tombs. Unoriginality for the win.

Comment

The fact that these two bands are embarking on an entire US tour together is baffling. Aspiring bands post comments on Dredg’s MySpace listing their influences as Dispatch, the Fray, and Michael Buble, hoping to draw over likeminded listeners.
        LOL
        ---
        The once sparse room was now almost completely packed, and unlike the small crowd earlier which was mostly dudes, there were now a lot of attractive young ladies in the crowd, and every one I noticed was totally digging on Dredg.
        god forbid attractive women go to shows! why would you want THAT of ALL things?!
        http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
        seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
          Who is this guy and why should we care what he thinks?

Oh... Tombs. Unoriginality for the win.
          Well, he isn't just some nobody. He's been around the block a few times.

Comment

Hasn't done anything I care about. All I know about the guy at this point is that he's been in the music industry for a while and he's ignorant.

Comment

Well neither has Donald Trump but I show respect where it is due.

Comment

Originally posted by gtrplyr7 View Post
                Well neither has Donald Trump but I show respect where it is due.
                Donald Trump is a thief who has bankrupted many corporations and left stockholders holding the bill. Sorry, I have zero respect for Donald Trump.

Comment

Trump has done things I care about. He's made a shit load of money. I would listen to him.

Comment

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
                    Donald Trump is a thief who has bankrupted many corporations and left stockholders holding the bill. Sorry, I have zero respect for Donald Trump.
                    el oh el
                    ---
                    Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
                    Hasn't done anything I care about. All I know about the guy at this point is that he's been in the music industry for a while and he's ignorant.
                    talk about ignorant.

Comment

el oh el
                      ---

talk about ignorant.
                      just because he has done things in the music industry, it does not mean that he is not ignorant. he was very ignorant when it comes to dredg and what he said about them. he just did not have any idea what he was talking about and he seemed like a complete asshole.

Comment

For the record, gtrplyr7, are you a fan of Tombs or their doucherag lead singer?

Comment

For the record, gtrplyr7, are you a fan of Tombs or their doucherag lead singer?
                          never even heard them.
                          ---
                          Originally posted by sangreal314 View Post
                          just because he has done things in the music industry, it does not mean that he is not ignorant. he was very ignorant when it comes to dredg and what he said about them. he just did not have any idea what he was talking about and he seemed like a complete asshole.
                          He said he saw them and didn't like their music. They aren't his style. Those were his words. He was probably right about the fans, however. The douchebag percentage at dredg shows has been steadily rising since 2001.

I'm pretty sure this has more to do with you guys being overprotective of dredg. The guy didn't say anything THAT bad but all of a sudden he's this huge "doucherag" because he was on a tour with another heavy band and some poppy band he'd never heard of.

Let's face it, dredg was the odd man out on that tour. And unless you were there to see what went down with their tour manager, do you really have the authority to comment about it?
                          Last edited by gtrplyr7; May 26, 2009, 08:49 PM.

Comment

never even heard them.
                            ---

He said he saw them and didn't like their music. They aren't his style. Those were his words. He was probably right about the fans, however. The douchebag percentage at dredg shows has been steadily rising since 2001.

I'm pretty sure this has more to do with you guys being overprotective of dredg. The guy didn't say anything THAT bad. Sheesh.
                            Maybe dredg does have SOME asshat fans, but they are not nearly as common as other shows. Quite frankly, the shows at which I have found the most blatant stupidity are metal shows and country shows. dredg crowds are typically more low-key and enjoy the music, not making bodily contact with other dudes. I've been to a WIDE variety of shows, and dredg shows have some of the coolest crowds. Murder By Death is another good one. Now, go to an Opeth show and there's sure to be a bunch of cockrocks there to see the opening bands growl for 2 hours so that they can run into each other like 7th graders on sugar highs.

Comment

Maybe dredg does have SOME asshat fans, but they are not nearly as common as other shows. Quite frankly, the shows at which I have found the most blatant stupidity are metal shows and country shows. dredg crowds are typically more low-key and enjoy the music, not making bodily contact with other dudes. I've been to a WIDE variety of shows, and dredg shows have some of the coolest crowds. Murder By Death is another good one. Now, go to an Opeth show and there's sure to be a bunch of cockrocks there to see the opening bands growl for 2 hours so that they can run into each other like 7th graders on sugar highs.
                              But if you were a metalhead like them, they would be the "cool" people and the kids at dredg shows would be the losers who just stand around.

It all comes down to what scene you come from.

Comment

never even heard them.
                                ---

I'm pretty sure this has more to do with you guys being overprotective of dredg. The guy didn't say anything THAT bad. Sheesh.
                                nah, he said a lot more than that. i actually would not expect him to like dredg's music, with the kind of music he plays. and i don't care that he doesn't like it either. where he was ignorant was saying things like dredg only pulls in 100 people a night or most people leave before dredg. fact is dredg is much bigger than his band. i've seen dredg in places with capacity around 1000. the only way tombs plays places that big is opening for 3 other bands. he was just out of place/out of line with a lot of what he said.

Comment

Working...
                                X