Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Treasure Hunt: Clue #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Treasure Hunt: Clue #1

None of them are closed... this forum just has some weird settings. I can never remember where to change them, but you can change the timeframe yourself at the bottom. It currently only shows the last day.

But please don't bump the threads.
    Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
    Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Thanks, Ars. I will try to read it when I have the time. Probably not before next week
      Many friends yet still a loner...

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
        What's telling you "IRREDUCIBLE" ? And how would that help?
        if you go to that website and divide the first string of 28 numbers by the second string of 28 numbers the answer you get is ("irreducible")

how about this:
        i saw the question mark that seems to divide the first 28 numbers from the second 28 numbers.
        right around the middle of the album we have track 10
        R U O K ?
        the half of the album occurs at 29:48 seconds which is 1:03 into R U O K ?
        any thoughts????

Comment

crible just posted on dredg.com...
          just an fyi.. for us non spanish speaking folk

55 La Calle de la fundacion, San Francisco, CA 94100
          translates to..
          55 The Street of the foundation, San Francisco, CA 94100
          ---
          Originally posted by the observer View Post
          if you go to that website and divide the first string of 28 numbers by the second string of 28 numbers the answer you get is ("irreducible")

how about this:
          i saw the question mark that seems to divide the first 28 numbers from the second 28 numbers.
          right around the middle of the album we have track 10
          R U O K ?
          the half of the album occurs at 29:48 seconds which is 1:03 into R U O K ?
          any thoughts????
          im trying to figure out this irreducible thing.. you mentioned... are you suggesting it translates to this:
          !)&@)!)))!%)!#!%!)#*!)))##))?^)!!^!#*#($%(#@!@%!%) !%))!!&

Regarding RUOK? how long is it to the end of the album? if it was 28 minutes.. id say we might have something.. if not.. then its just ironic...
          Many Friends Yet Still A Loner!

THIS TREAUSURE HUNT IS LIKE CRACK!

Comment

I thought about that question mark in R U O K ? all night on my long A** commute and I think it is related. I have not had time to investigate it. Good job on the "irreducible", it's right on the money with "Irreducible complexity" !!!!!!!!!!!

sorry.
            good thinking but not quite right

Comment

Originally posted by RckNorCal425 View Post
              crible just posted on dredg.com...
              just an fyi.. for us non spanish speaking folk

55 La Calle de la fundacion, San Francisco, CA 94100
              translates to..
              55 The Street of the foundation, San Francisco, CA 94100
              ---

im trying to figure out this irreducible thing.. you mentioned... are you suggesting it translates to this:
              !)&@)!)))!%)!#!%!)#*!)))##))?^)!!^!#*#($%(#@!@%!%) !%))!!&

Regarding RUOK? how long is it to the end of the album? if it was 28 minutes.. id say we might have something.. if not.. then its just ironic...
              no, i wasying the opposite for the thing with the shift key. ignore it i thin it's nothing, along with it being irreducible.

but the RUOK? thing has promise.
              ---
              wait just saw the thing about irreducible complexity. hmm
              Facebookem, Danno | Twitter me this...

Comment

Originally posted by prophetstyle View Post
                no, i wasying the opposite for the thing with the shift key. ignore it i thin it's nothing, along with it being irreducible.

but the RUOK? thing has promise.
                ---
                wait just saw the thing about irreducible complexity. hmm
                where does irreducible complexity come from? r those lyrics?? i left my digipak case @ home so can't c the stamps

here is the breakdown of the time:
                from pariah to the end of saviour its 28:45
                from idk to soo:h its 28:39
                the exact half of the album though is on the R U O K ? at the 1:03 marker
                ---
                nvm hadn't seen your wiki link(reading it now....interesting that the album deals with "stamp of origin"[darwin]and irreducible complexity deals with intelligent design)
                ---
                ok not to overpost but i just had a *swish* rush of ideas with the irreducible complexity....the stamp with the irreducible....isn't that the dna stamp!?!?!?!

Comment

i'm still lost on this irreducible topic, sorry... isn't it just saying you cant break it down to a simpler fraction?? That could be the case for many number strings... not just this one? Am I missing something??
                  Hmm.. the fact that that RUOK ? is smack in the middle.. has my interest...
                  do I know what it means... helll no.. but its interesting none the less
                  Many Friends Yet Still A Loner!

THIS TREAUSURE HUNT IS LIKE CRACK!

Comment

Originally posted by RckNorCal425 View Post
                    i'm still lost on this irreducible topic, sorry... isn't it just saying you cant break it down to a simpler fraction?? That could be the case for many number strings... not just this one? Am I missing something??
                    Hmm.. the fact that that RUOK ? is smack in the middle.. has my interest...
                    do I know what it means... helll no.. but its interesting none the less
                    on irreducible complexity:
                    prophetstyle suggested that the ? could mean a / coz of the placement on the keyboard
                    if we divide the first string of #'s by the 2nd string of #s on the site he listed u get an answer of irreducible
                    the album cover has a stamp with a flagella with the word reducible and actg. in album analysis its stated that this is a ref. to dna
                    also....irreducible complexity is used by creationists as an answer against evolution....the album deals highly with evolution....in album analysis again it quotes darwin with saying something of our humans having a stamp of origin(sorry forgot the exact words n trying to get outta here by 5pm )
                    on the cover u have the bird with human hands...evolution??? also i can't tell but is it the same type of bird that darwin was studyng in the galapagos islands??? can anyone tell
                    k its 5 o clock
                    laterz!!!

Comment

I think Prophet is on the right track. This could be all there is to the first clue. He you remember correctly, it was several clues before we knew where to go. So this info has to fall in line with the next clue.

Comment

the answer to 1072010001501315103810003300/6011613839459321251501500117
                        isn't "irreducible" though... .. ....
                        The answer is a number, more specifically : 0.178323164...
                        ---
                        I mean, 3/2 is also "irreducible" .. so what?

Comment

The IRREDUCIBLE thing is dumb. That happens because Wolfram/Alpha thinks it is smarter than it is.

Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
                            The IRREDUCIBLE thing is dumb. That happens because Wolfram/Alpha thinks it is smarter than it is.
                            right. i said dont worry about it. plus it was just a hope and a very far cast one. so i say bury that idea
                            Facebookem, Danno | Twitter me this...

Comment

I know. I was referring to the others taking that idea and running with it.

Comment

I'd say the Irreducible Complexity stuff is something to keep in mind, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X