Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Treasure Hunt: Clue #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Treasure Hunt: Clue #1

also, not all zip codes start with 9. here they all start with 2. probably different for each state/region of the country. i would help more but i'm leaving for bonnaroo in an hr. someone should go over the the cities they have played on the last 2 tours and are playing again on the next tour. we will probably find our 18 cities there. take that list and see if any of the zip codes or area codes match up to confirm it.
    Last edited by sangreal314; June 10, 2009, 10:17 PM.

Comment

i like this idea... i didnt think to compare to future tours... if you win free dredg tickets.. they must expect you to use them at the up coming show in the next tour (maybe)...

Area code... might be better then Zip.. although a ZIP would narrow it down more to a city rather then a county...

the numbers just don't work tho.. 56/18 = 3.11111 ... and even if we used the ? as a digit.. 57/18 = 3.16

also, with ZIP Codes .. 5 digits.. five doesnt go into 56 or 57...

grrr... what am i missing...

i'll look at past / future tour dates
      ---
      Repeat Cities from the 2008 Tour to 2009 Tour:
      July 9th - San Diego
      July 11th - Tucson, AZ - Club Congress
      July 12th - Tucson, AZ - Club Congress
      July 14th - Dallas, TX - Granada Theater
      July 15th - Austin, TX - Emo's
      July 16th - San Antonio, TX - White Rabbit
      July 20th - Orlando, FL - Club Firestone
      July 22nd - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Culture Room
      July 25th - Atlanta, GA - The Masquerade
      July 29th - Philadelphia, PA - Theater Of Living Arts
      July 30th - New York City, NY - The Fillmore
      July 31st - New York City, NY - Bowery Ballroom
      August 1st - Boston, MA - Paradise Rock Club
      August 15th - Portland, OR - Wonder Ballroom
      San Francisco, Ca
      Santa Barbara, Ca
      LA, CA

Well, it sounded like a good Idea at first...
      althought it doesnt match up as well as I had hoped... I think we can still assume that some of the above cities will be involved..

but it has 4 Cities from California.. 2 from AZ... 2 from TX... to many Repeat Cities...

back to the drawing board
      Many Friends Yet Still A Loner!

THIS TREAUSURE HUNT IS LIKE CRACK!

Comment

Ok...so I figured something out with my girlfriend's help.

If you add all the numbers together on each side separately, the left is 46 and right is 89.

If you add 4+6=10, and 1+0=1.
        If you add 8+9=17, and 1+7=8.

Both answers together.....18.

Not sure if it's something or not....but it's something to ponder, at least.

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

That is very interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by halcyon712 View Post
            Ok...so I figured something out with my girlfriend's help.

If you add all the numbers together on each side separately, the left is 46 and right is 89.

If you add 4+6=10, and 1+0=1.
            If you add 8+9=17, and 1+7=8.

Both answers together.....18.

Not sure if it's something or not....but it's something to ponder, at least.
            are you sure its 89? I got 90 (see begining of thread)
            ---
            interesting math.. but even if it was 18... that doesnt really tell us more then what was already stated by drew in the NEWS section of dredg.com...

i need a bigger drawing board...

Comment

You are correct.....90. Sorry.

Comment

no need to apologize.. sorry we didnt have something there... keep trying

Comment

Can we please re-open the old threads so we can get reminders of old clues and how we figured them out? It was a long enough time ago that I forget.

I do remember the whole Rubik's cube thing and map coordinates etc...but not the solutions and workings-through.

Comment

So i've hunted all night and at first i thought i was onto something with the groups of four being military times, but then that's foaled with the set after the ?.

So now i think they have to do with flight numbers

though once again, the repeated number makes no sense

unless this is a path??

ALSO

the album artwork, if it's clues, from the cover alone you can conclude this:

-postal related
                    -transportation: could depend or go with the date stamped on the cover
                    -the stamps: things on the stamp that we've figured out
                    -the title of the record: though this is a bit vague if this does have to do with it
                    -communication: the letter is a means of communication and through travel it goes to it's destinations.

sorry if this is too dumbed down. im trying to see if there's anything we're overlooking

since i dont have the album until tomorrow, what else is on the album art?
                    Last edited by prophetstyle; June 11, 2009, 03:50 AM.
                    Facebookem, Danno | Twitter me this...

Comment

album art is limited ... don't think it will play as big of a role in the hunt this time around...

the idea of flights crossed my mind before.. just seem like to many flight combos...
                      ex. 45623 could be a flight number but so could 623... the number of combinations would be to large for the amount of airlines in the US

Comment

good point. though i just noticed this with wonderulf http://wolframalpha.com/

ok, so if you look on youre keyboard, if you were hold shift for all of those numbers, they'd be symbols. now look at the key where the ? mark is. you have to hold shift to have it there. so insert the / where the ? is in the code.

now i tried dividing it with the 1....etc / 6...etc and visa versa and it's telling me "IRREDUCIBLE"

what does it say on the front of the album stamp? "REDUCIBLE" ont he DNA stamp.

thoughts?

Comment

What's telling you "IRREDUCIBLE" ? And how would that help?
                          Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                          Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

had to laugh when i saw this on http://rumkin.com/tools/cipher/numbers.php

Mark: there are no spaces between the numbers.., also, i am not sure the relevance of the question mark - (13:04)
                            Mark: This is a clue. I need help trying to figure out the relevance of these numbers. any ideas, please email me at iliketodothedoo [at] yahoo.com ---- 1 0 7 2 0 1 0 0 0 1 5 0 1 3 1 5 1 0 3 8 1 0 0 0 3 3 0 0 ? 6 0 1 1 6 1 3 8 3 9 4 5 9 3 2 1 2 5 1 501500117 - (13:04)
                            ---
                            Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
                            What's telling you "IRREDUCIBLE" ? And how would that help?
                            Wolfram|Alpha brings expert-level knowledge and capabilities to the broadest possible range of people—spanning all professions and education levels.

just ignore that post. i need to stop this until the next clue.

Comment

dunno...i think next week's clue should help
                              Last edited by gtrplyr7; June 11, 2009, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by halcyon712 View Post
                                Can we please re-open the old threads so we can get reminders of old clues and how we figured them out?
                                I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I am not sure Drew will use similar logic, but you never know.
                                Many friends yet still a loner...

Comment

Working...
                                X