Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Treasure Hunt: Clue #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Treasure Hunt: Clue #1

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
    I think Prophet is on the right track. This could be all there is to the first clue. He you remember correctly, it was several clues before we knew where to go. So this info has to fall in line with the next clue.
    i have to agree... maybe try and put our focus on that question mark in R.U.O.K?
    the fact that it falls right in the middle.. almost 28min both directions...

that will be my focus tonight...
    Many Friends Yet Still A Loner!

THIS TREAUSURE HUNT IS LIKE CRACK!

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
      The IRREDUCIBLE thing is dumb. That happens because Wolfram/Alpha thinks it is smarter than it is.
      Ars, the ever pessimist...

...it's probably safe to say that almost all of the idea's proposed aren't even close to what the first clue is leading towards but you don't necessarily have to call any of them "dumb"...

...just saying...
      Originally posted by Ars Sycro
      I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by One Second Clubber View Post

...it's probably safe to say that almost all of the idea's proposed aren't even close to what the first clue is leading towards but you don't necessarily have to call any of them "dumb"...

...just saying...
        haha good point, but i do think what posted was dumb though a reason to think about the whole "reducible" stamp. so really my dumb idea brought about something to keep in mind.

the RUOK? thing is our best bet so far
        Facebookem, Danno | Twitter me this...

Comment

Originally posted by the observer View Post
          on the cover u have the bird with human hands...evolution??? also i can't tell but is it the same type of bird that darwin was studyng in the galapagos islands??? can anyone tell
          k its 5 o clock
          laterz!!!
          finches tend to be short and fatter than the bird on the cover though there are many breeds of them so it is possible.
          sigpic
          We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
          Originally posted by auto-de-fe
          happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by One Second Clubber View Post

...just saying...
            Dumb might be a bit strong. But whatever word you use, I feel the same way regarding the RUOK? theory.
            Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
            Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

I just noticed something on this album cover picture on
              http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...7/Coverart.jpg

the address is not the one in 55 La Calle de la fundacion, San Francisco, CA 64100
              also while reading the album analysis it says the second stamp says "six pence half penny"
              again i left my album case @ home, but i distinctly remember reading on the second stamp "Six Senses Will Fail"

Comment

Originally posted by DWags View Post
                This may be reaching, but isnt a Warbler a small bird?

And to the person that earlier referenced the poet Phylis McGinley, one of her most famous works was called Love Letters, which sort of fits the motif of the album cover. And in one of her poems she wrote: "even God Is said to be three separate Persons" (perhaps a Pariah, a Parrot, and a Delusion?). I don't know, i took the Phyllis idea and ran with it.
                Phyllis McGinley was born on March 21st 1905 and that is stamped on the cover.

A Selected Bibliography
                Poetry
                A Pocketful of Wry (1940)
                Confessions of a Reluctant Optimist (1973)
                Love Letters (1954)
                On the Contrary (1934)
                One More Manhattan (1937)
                Stones from a Glass House (1946)
                Times Three: Selected Verse from Three Decades with Seventy New Poems (1960)

Essays Saint-Watching (1969)
                Sixpence in Her Shoe (1964)
                The Province of the Heart (1959)
                Last edited by sunshineagain; June 12, 2009, 04:10 PM.
                sorry.
                good thinking but not quite right

Comment

Originally posted by sunshineagain View Post
                  Phyllis McGinley was born on March 21st 1905 and that is stamped on the cover.

A Selected Bibliography
                  Poetry
                  A Pocketful of Wry (1940)
                  Confessions of a Reluctant Optimist (1973)
                  Love Letters (1954)
                  On the Contrary (1934)
                  One More Manhattan (1937)
                  Stones from a Glass House (1946)
                  Times Three: Selected Verse from Three Decades with Seventy New Poems (1960)

Essays Saint-Watching (1969)
                  Sixpence in Her Shoe (1964)
                  The Province of the Heart (1959)
                  sunshine...can u check ur album cover and see what your second stamp from the left reads? six pence or six senses. just curious

Comment

six sense shall fail

Comment

• Re: Treasure Hunt: Clue #1

I just noticed something on this album cover picture on
                      http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...7/Coverart.jpg

the address is not the one in 55 La Calle de la fundacion, San Francisco, CA 64100
                      also while reading the album analysis it says the second stamp says "six pence half penny"
                      again i left my album case @ home, but i distinctly remember reading on the second stamp "Six Senses Will Fail"
                      The same stamp on that picture says "St. Johns, Newfoundland" as opposed to "Postage" as it says on the CD.

It also says Chicago and New York where the address is normally, and I can't read what it says in place of "Seven Billionth"....it doesn't make sense....almost like a couple words superimposed on top of each other.

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

these don't really relate to the clue.... I think we are starting to stray from the Numbers...

Good brainstroming for maybe futuer clues.. but do these in anyway link to the numbers?

Also, are we sure it says 55 La Calle de la fundacion, San Francisco, CA 64100 .... reason I ask.... Zip Codes here in California I think all start with 9.... whats even more odd... is even if it was a 94100... I don't think that even exists in SF.. it starts at 94101

So either we all are blind... its a typo.. or its something to keep in mind for future clues..

Comment

Maybe you guys should start a thread for general brainstorming, and keep the discussion in this thread related to the numbers?
                          Just a suggestion

Comment

It actually says 94109

Either way...La Calle de la Fundacion is now known as Grant Street/Avenue and it's located in 94108...not 94109.

Definitely future clue related, I'd say....besides, there's like 5 differences between that picture and the actual CD cover.

No relation to the numbers though as far as I can tell.

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

Originally posted by Knifeboy View Post
                              Maybe you guys should start a thread for general brainstorming, and keep the discussion in this thread related to the numbers?
                              Just a suggestion
                              good Idea, Done!

Comment

sunshine...can u check ur album cover and see what your second stamp from the left reads? six pence or six senses. just curious
                                Mine says "six senses shall fail", but I am off to the brainstorming thread because I am a brainstorming fuhreak!
                                sorry.
                                good thinking but not quite right

Comment

Working...
                                X