Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Album Discussion: Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

I think this is more creative than CWA, sure. I'll go that far. "Better" is pretty open to debate (not according to some...).

Now I'm gonna go listen to CWA to see what I think of it now. It's been a while since I listened to it as an album.
    A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

This album is the worst...by a lot. I'm fucking cringing listening to these songs. I'd rather listen to the Useless El Cielo Blueprints.
      We gotta break down these barricades, everyone has AIDS!

Comment

Haven't heard the full album yet. How is the quality? a few pages back someone was saying the bass was horrible and grainy. I feel like this album will find its strength in the layering once we have flawless quality. Unless we already do have high quality, in that case the reviews are in and not looking good...

Comment

Cringing? REALLY? Wow.
          A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

CHUCKLES AND MR. SQUEEZY

Songs I love: Another Tribe, Somebody Is Laughing, The Ornament and Kalathat.

Songs I like: Down Without A Fight, Before It Began, The Thought of Losing You.

Songs I Don't Like: Upon Returning, The Tent, Where I'll End Up

CATCH WITHOUT ARMS

Songs I Love: Ode to the Sun, Zebraskin, Jamais Vu, Planting Seeds

Songs I Like: Sang Real, Matroshka, Hungover on a Tuesday, Bug Eyes

Songs I Don't Like: Catch Without Arms, Not That Simple, Spitshine, The Tanbark Is Hot Lava

-----

The songs I love from CWA, I love more, but I think that has a lot to do with the history built within them, and the live versions as well. The songs I like from Chuckles, I generally like more, but that could be because they are still so new to me. Overall, for me these two albums are very comparable. I'm sure I'll probably listen to this album through the Spring and then revisit it once or twice a year like I do with the others.
            Originally posted by vsd
            ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

i really like this album except for before it began. it could be their worst song ever

Favorites:
              Upon Returning
              The Tent
              Somebody is laughing
              The Ornament
              Kalathat
              Where i'll end up

Comment

People seemed to hate CWA when it came out, too. Or, at the very least, be completely disappointed based on El Cielo and/or Coquette.
                A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Nit View Post
                  CHUCKLES AND MR. SQUEEZY

Songs I love: Another Tribe, Somebody Is Laughing, The Ornament and Kalathat.

Songs I like: Down Without A Fight, Before It Began, The Thought of Losing You.

Songs I Don't Like: Upon Returning, The Tent, Where I'll End Up

CATCH WITHOUT ARMS

Songs I Love: Ode to the Sun, Zebraskin, Jamais Vu, Planting Seeds

Songs I Like: Sang Real, Matroshka, Hungover on a Tuesday, Bug Eyes

Songs I Don't Like: Catch Without Arms, Not That Simple, Spitshine, The Tanbark Is Hot Lava

-----

The songs I love from CWA, I love more, but I think that has a lot to do with the history built within them, and the live versions as well. The songs I like from Chuckles, I generally like more, but that could be because they are still so new to me. Overall, for me these two albums are very comparable. I'm sure I'll probably listen to this album through the Spring and then revisit it once or twice a year like I do with the others.
                  Are you high too? I kid. To each his own.

I only really disliked Matroshka and Zebraskin off CWOA, I pretty well dislike every song off this album for one reason or another.

Like, nothing off this album makes me go: Yeah! I LOVE this part! WOW! It's mostly my just listening... listening... appreciating this guitar lick here... listening.... cringing at Gavin's vocal... listening... paying attention to the poor production... listening... Cringing at a Gavin lyric... etc. until the album is done.

I agree with others that if this wasn't dredg, I wouldn't bother giving it the chance at finding some appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by Fawst View Post
                    Cringing? REALLY? Wow.
                    Cringing. It has its moments, but all in all, it's awful. Thought of Losing You = worst song ever. I'm a drummer so I especially hate that Dino has been replaced by a fucking drum machine. I really hope they don't play any of these songs live (except Ornament, the old version.)
                    We gotta break down these barricades, everyone has AIDS!

Comment

Remember the guy who posted the juvenile review yesterday? Well, he's firing back via Twitter!

Originally posted by @TheINDIEHost
                      HAHA! I just read a response to my review of the new Dredg album on a forum. Maybe Dredg needs to sell copies of Hooked on Phonics as well.
                      Originally posted by vsd

Comment

i am embarrassed to be a fan of dredg

Comment

Album needs more blast beats.
                          http://rateyourmusic.com/~SinsOfArcadia

Comment

Originally posted by iwanttomakelovetodredg69 View Post
                            i am embarrassed to be a fan of dredg
                            you should work on your self-esteem, bro.
                            Originally posted by vsd

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Nit View Post
                              Remember the guy who posted the juvenile review yesterday? Well, he's firing back via Twitter!
                              LOL.

omg, his tweets are haunting yet melodic.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorry But Its Over View Post
                                CWA is one of their best works, how does this even compare?!
                                If by one of the best you mean 4th

Comment

Working...
                                X