Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Album Discussion: Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Some of these songs need more Del tha Funkee Homosapien
    Originally posted by vsd
    ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree View Post
      Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr. Lou Pearlman, band-personality-definer extraordinaire.

I think Gavin as "Smirky," Drew as "Eccentric," and Dino as "Wacky" are all great, but might I suggest "Sexy" or "Stoic" instead of "Simple" for Mark? And we need a bad boy, too. Maybe Dino can be a bad-boy kind of wacky, like Russell Brand?
      uhh.. what?

Oh... I get it. I had to look up lou pearlman. Lol. Wouldn't that be awesome, to manage a band so that an epic and timeless album is created rather than assembling singers to make money.

Which of course was my point. Sorry I didnt have a thesaurus handy to find less clowny words than wacky. It is apt for him though.
      Last edited by FeebleFables; April 8, 2011, 10:50 PM.

Comment

After a couple listens i have to say it is a bit underwhelming but not terrible. A few standouts.

Favorites:
        The Ornament
        Somebody Is Laughing
        Upon Returning
        TTOLY
        The Tent

Dislike
        Down without a fight

Comment

stop writing so fast!!

one point after reading 10 pages of comments after a leak: to each their own measure.

and i'm not ready yet to write something i'm gonna change in a day or week.

thank you. b-bye
          <- This dog is smoking a pipe.

Your argument is invalid.

Comment

I basically feel the same way i felt about TPTPTD when it came out. I still prefer tptptd more, but i understand where they were trying to go with the record and i think they did it quite well. Its just that a quarter of the material doesn't really appeal to me. It is alot better than i thought though.

Basically this is Gavins baby, i think that's quite obvious. Its a very vocal driven tracks, but also very heavy in the groove department. I think Kalathat is one of the better songs they've ever written. Thats seriously an emotionally heavy song, and the vocal pattern and guitar picking are pretty freakin immaculate.

Songs i think work really well: (Also included are some "why the hell was everyone bitching comments.)

Another Tribe - If dan the automator did alot of writing... this is by far his best song he had a hand in)
            Upon Returning - I don't know why there was a bunch of people bitching about the way this track was recorded and how it was way better live. Of course its better live... but this track is a tasty fucken treat.
            The Ornament - Again, i don't know why people were bitching. Of course it was more kickass at the rushdie thing. But in the context of this album, i thought it was awesome.
            The Though of Losing you - After a second listen, i can appreciate it for what it is. I simple single.
            Kalathat - Like i said, one of the better songs they've ever written.

All the other songs, im not going to say i don't like yet. Maybe besides the tent. I need to listen more.
            Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

This album is both lovable and laughable at the same time. While listening, sometimes I chuckle, and sometimes I get a warm, fuzzy feeling.
              Originally posted by vsd

Comment

I was about to say how I can't believe no one has given much love for Kalathat. I've been waiting for a song like that from dredg for years. The concept from start to finish is perfect, and Gavin actually nails the lyrics. He needs to write folk more often.
                words always ebbing, never flowing

Comment

I had it in my "songs I love" column.
                  Originally posted by vsd

Comment

Easily the worst dredg album.

I don't hate it though.

It's nice chillout music.

I really, really hope that this is just a phase for them.

Also, why are so many of you liking Down Without a Fight? It baffles me.
                    last.fm

Comment

Ah, missed it. In general, it's been left out of discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Nit View Post
                        This album is both lovable and laughable at the same time. While listening, sometimes I chuckle, and sometimes I get a warm, fuzzy feeling.
                        that's where the title came from
                        Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
                        you're pretty narcissistic
                        enjoy that, nobody else does.
                        Originally posted by Madklikor
                        You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

when will chuckles be added to the album analysis?
                          ---
                          and i wanted to add, -the tent- is really growing on me too fast

Comment

you guys must have not liked the lovage record..some of the beats form automator remind me of that album which is a classic.

Comment

I listened to Leitmotif then Chuckles, and was reminded of why I love this band.

Comment

Sweet tracks, lame lyrics. About what I expected from the band.
                                - -- --- ----

Comment

Working...
                                X