Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crispy
    replied
    Re: Album Discussion: Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Got the vinyl yesterday, ordered it from Amazon.de. It looks really cool, being sort of translucent pink/purple and it sounds great! And it comes with a download code for the MP3 album, excellent!

When the album first leaked I really disliked it, expecting something else from it and I thought the production wasn't up to scratch. Now listening to the vinyl with good headphones it sounds a lot better, with much more small details than I initially thought.

Some songs I still just don't like, but the ornament, upon returning and somebody is laughing now really stand out as good songs. Thought of losing you is pretty good too. I'll be listening to it some more, see if more songs grow on me.

Leave a comment:

• Kyte30351
    replied

I anxiously check my mailbox/doorstep every day.

Leave a comment:

• Royalboy
    replied

it's been a month since i ordered a bundle and nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Kyte30351
    replied

Yeah I'm curious about when these bundles will be shipped out.

Leave a comment:

• efpdwd
    replied

I ordered one as well and was wondering the same thing. I hope they ship in May. That would be lame if they are sent out later.

Leave a comment:

• evasivetear
    replied

i thought it was shipping on the 31st?

Leave a comment:

• Ars Sycro
    replied

Anybody heard anything about the mega bundle? I assume May 29 counts as late May.

Leave a comment:

• AnewKINDofFEELING
    replied

For the record, I bought the vinyl.

Leave a comment:

• Jamis who?
    replied

Originally posted by Fabio D'Amore View Post
    what d'you guys think about the production of this last album and Dan the Automator?
    To me some of the songs sound like they're recorded in a garage. Some songs are too bass heavy. Some songs sound pretty damn good production wise. It's really a mixed production, u can tell some songs were tracked in various studios. But, what can u do! I enjoy this record especially after seen many a number of the new songs performed live. Down without a fight was my least favorite but after seen performed live a few times it really grew on me alot. All in all, I really enjoy the Chuckles album and I can't wait to c them again in August

Leave a comment:

• Fabio D'Amore
    replied

I do believe and agree with this. But as said above, it's definitely creative and the influence is really strong. From one side I do love it, from the other I would have thought a completely different thing - but as usual - they surprise us

Originally posted by Fawst View Post
    The live versions of the songs are incredible. Dino and Mark really shine through on the live arrangements, Dino in particular takes the songs to a whole new level. This album would have been so much better if it had been typical dredg with some nice electronic components thrown in. I still love it, but I shed a tear for what could have been.

Leave a comment:

• Fawst
    replied

The live versions of the songs are incredible. Dino and Mark really shine through on the live arrangements, Dino in particular takes the songs to a whole new level. This album would have been so much better if it had been typical dredg with some nice electronic components thrown in. I still love it, but I shed a tear for what could have been.

Leave a comment:

• Hi-Fi
    replied

what d'you guys think about the production of this last album and Dan the Automator?

I really like the production and Dan the Automator influence on the new album. Very layered and creative.

Leave a comment:

• Fabio D'Amore
    replied

Kind of understand that - first listens were a bit shocking (compared to the massive Pariah production) - but now it's definitely flying as well. It's a completely different school of mixing and arranging.

I am sure live there's a complete different sensation on the new songs

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
    After seeing them last night I'm more convinced than ever that production of it just isn't her good. The Thought of Losing You really stood out. That song sounded drab and boring on the album. It was sick live. The energy and emotion was just sapped in the studio version.
    ---
    Were...

Leave a comment:

• AnewKINDofFEELING
    replied

After seeing them last night I'm more convinced than ever that production of it just isn't her good. The Thought of Losing You really stood out. That song sounded drab and boring on the album. It was sick live. The energy and emotion was just sapped in the studio version.
    ---
    Were...

Leave a comment:

• vsd
    replied

well, personally...i haven't listened to it yet.

give me time...patient time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X