Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DforDrums
    replied
    Re: Album Discussion: Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Good insight on the album! I pretty much agree with everything you said, although Kalathat was an instant favorite of mine. That's an interesting oberservation about the verse/chorus relationship. I like what you said about The Tent, those verses are really, really great. The chorus gets a little repetitive, but honestly it doesn't take anything away from the song for me. I don't think this is going to be a popular statement, but honestly I hear some El Cielo in the Tent. Not that I think it would fit on that album, but the thought sits in the back of my mind when I listen to it. Maybe the Scissor Lock of CAMS.

Leave a comment:

• Morpheus
    replied

Ok, here is my take on the album. I intentionally waited a couple of weeks until I would write a review. I knew i would need a couple of spins.

So, I'll go song by song:

Another Tribe: Interesting synthies, kinda early 90s style I'd say. Catchy chorus, good verse, great bridge. Structure is quite simple but suits the song imo.

Upon Returning: Really grown on me. Again simple structure but great lyrics. Catchy but at the same time not very mainstream.

The Tent: Well, controversy comes with the song but honestly, I don't care. The verse is just amazing, best verse on the album. The chorus took me a while to get into but it's fine with me now. 3 repetition would have done it for me though.

Somebody is Laughing: I really like the verse, a bit more uptempo. The chorus falls off a little, nothing to special imo. Lyrics are good, so is the song.

Down without a fight: Again great verse, good chorus. I like the bass on it, really groovy, still has a lot of 'original' dredg feeling to it despite the electronics, but rather from the vocals. 'Believing positivity breeds positive happenings', great line.

The Ornament: For me this a little bit of a downer. Little changes from the live version we know and I really don't like the drums on this one. Worked much better without em imo. I prefer the simplicity of the live version, way more intense.

The Thought of Losing you: I read somewhere here that it was the 'Information' of CAMS. Well, I agree to a certain extend. It's catchy, probably the most radio friendly song. I still like it. The Drums are a bit, simple for my liking but I guess it fits the song.

Kalathat: Well, probably the song i had the most trouble to get warm with. Right now I'd say that the first half of it is ok, but the second half is great. Like when the 'humming' sets in after the second chorus.

Sun Goes Down: I really like the verse, the chorus is good too, but well nothing special. Bridge is alright. A bit repetitive all in all, but again somehow fits the song.

Where I'll End up: Same as with The Ornament. I prefer the live version. It somehow isn't as cheesy as the album version. I dunno, the album version sounds like a cheesy folk song. Maybe it's the drumming and the lack of a solo guitar.

Before it began: Has an ambient vibe to it. Could be used in a Western or sth. Didn't really grow on me but it's an ok song.

All in all I realised that I prefer most of the verses to the chorus which is really unusual for me. I think they really stand out. When I think of where I would put this album among the other I'd probably put it a little higher than Leitmotif which is at the bottom of my list of dredg albums. I definitely like it but it's not up there with Pariah and El Cielo in my list. Still, I get what the bands wanted from this album and I accept it.

Leave a comment:

• Hi-Fi
    replied

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
    If no one answers you, I'll post pictures of the UV digipack when I get home.

Cool! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Gnomad
    replied

If no one answers you, I'll post pictures of the UV digipack when I get home.

Leave a comment:

• Hi-Fi
    replied

Originally posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Can someone who received/bought the album so far describe me how the editions look? I'm thinking which version to buy so I'm interested which one is a better packaging, digipak or jewel case? Which one have/not have booklet and other stuff?

Thanks!

Could someone answer my question, please? I wonder which version to buy because now I have money for one edition only.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• vsd
    replied

ahh. i ordered the black shirt bundle and the vinyl.

Leave a comment:

• Ars Sycro
    replied

Yes. No. But I ordered the mega bundle which doesn't ship until late May.

Leave a comment:

• vsd
    replied

did you order any kind of cams bundle from them? if so, have you gotten it yet?

Leave a comment:

• Ars Sycro
    replied

I have items I received 6 months ago that say that...

Leave a comment:

• vsd
    replied

Order Placed: April 16, 2011 1:04 PM
    Order Total: $44.88
    Shipping Status: Your order has been received and is currently processing for shipment

<--- disappointed in lack of speed...but patient enough to understand

Leave a comment:

• AnewKINDofFEELING
    replied

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree View Post
    Typical Buddhist bullshit.
    No need to dwell.

Leave a comment:

• TheRuleofThree
    replied

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
    Cocaine makes it a lot better....
    Typical Buddhist bullshit.

Leave a comment:

• sangreal314
    replied

well they do say dino does a lot of coke...

Leave a comment:

• Awakenings420
    replied

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
    Cocaine makes it a lot better....
    This is very true but coke does that to almost any kind of music so that doesn't mean much haha. Listening to this album actually reminds me of a bad coke comedown, my head starts pounding and I'm asking myself why did I waste my money.

Leave a comment:

• AnewKINDofFEELING
    replied

Do it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X