Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

The Birth Certificate debate rages on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Birth Certificate debate rages on

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
    Why did it become legal after 2 years? I just think it's a sketchy story. Forgive me for always voting republican and wearing only Rush Limbaugh ties. I am really just a racist who hates that our president is half-black.
    It still wasn't legal then, but the Director of the state's Department of Health decided she would release it if Obama requested it (after the new Governor said he would illegally have it released himself), so Obama requested it again.

And I'm not sure where the racist stuff came from since I only said it wasn't his call.
    Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
    Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

im a friend with a conspiracy theorist. And the reason why he didn't release it right now is because of the very reason he said. Its ridiculous and the world has better things to worry about. Don't you think that if this is a "phony" you have more to worry about with our government letting a foreigner be in american politics? People waste so much of their time.
      Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there was some strategy for not begging and pleading for the state of Hawaii to make an exception to their long standing rule for the sake of putting it all to rest. Frankly, the entire argument that Obama is a foreign terrorist bent on converting the country to some sort of commune is ridiculous enough to damage anyone that attaches themselves to it in the long run. See: Donald Trump. Whether or not that approach was ethical is arguable. But the fact remains that the only reason people are questioning his origins is because he's a non-caucasian Democrat with a middle name of "Hussein" and he lived abroad, which is just asking to have your patriotism questioned by xenophobic assholes in this country.

Now the next birth certificate question: who is Trig Palin's real mother?

Originally posted by Gnomad
        I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
        Originally posted by auto-de-fe
        do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Immaculate Conception, dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Sittingsideways View Post
            Don't you think that if this is a "phony" you have more to worry about with our government letting a foreigner be in american politics?
            That's exactly the point I was making. I could give a shit whether he was born in Kenya. It makes no difference to me, but the way the document was handled bothers me.
            ---
            Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
            Immaculate Conception, dude.
            There was no mother? He must have come out of daddy's dong like the world's largest kidney stone.
            I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
            I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
            A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
            To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Wait, what?

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
                Wait, what?
                The question is in regards to who the real mother is, not father. I would think a father-only immaculate conception would involve spurting out a child.

Comment

now i keep confusing you with ars. i thought your comments were funny until i realized that they came from you.

dammit.

Comment

I get confused too.
                    Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                    Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

i just wish you'd get a little more aggressive with your posting sometimes, that's all...

kind of like our mini-debate in the sports thread...even though you thought i was disagreeing with you when really, i was just agreeing with you in a different way of wording...the only difference being our opinions of the stat's importance.
                      Last edited by dsv; June 19, 2011, 02:54 AM.

Comment

I just read this thread, a few points. First off, why wait so long to release it? The reasoning is out there if you want to look at it. Red tape in Hawaii. Plus I think he held off on releasing it because the birthers just occupied themselves with that and just made themselves look stupid.

As for the idea that it is fake. That is idiotic. A man with the entire resources of the US government could create a realistic forgery? The same government that has the CIA which makes entire people appear out of thin air, including all relevant documents. Seriously, that argument baffles the mind.

Obama is a centrist president. There has been very few things he has done that could be considered liberal. Half the time he is hands off, letting congress do everything, the rest of the time he is giving away the bank to the republicans in the name of compromise. One thing I always find amusing is everyone says government spending has increased so and so much once he came into office. For the most part, that is because he made the wars we are in part of the budget where under Bush they were kept off the budget books. We were spending the same amount of money, it was just accounting tricks that made it seem like we were spending less.

I like Bill Maher, he is a comedian, not a politician. Yes he is a flame thrower, but I happen to agree with him and find him very amusing.

Also, yes people called Bush Hitler all the time. Many things were not questioned about him like they are about Obama though. Bush started two wars, failed to stop 911, bloated the budget to create most of the deficit, and reigned over the greatest recession since the great depression. Calling him Hitler is stupid, but he deserved a lot of criticism. Obama does too though, but not as much as Bush.
                        sigpic
                        We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
                        happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyGoodness View Post
                          Obama started one war, failed to stop 911, bloated the budget to create most of the deficit, and reigned over the greatest recession since the great depression.

It really does work for both of them. I just found the timing of it all baffling. And to act like Bush wasn't questioned and second-guessed as much as Obama is kind of revisionist, as well. You had film-makers spending millions of dollars of their own money to discredit the guy. Like you said, he certainly deserved the criticism, but I just don't see how Obama is more centrist, as their policies are very similar.

They're both very reactionary presidents, in my opinion. I got to see both of them totally butcher a response to an unprecedented disaster in my home state; in completely different ways, mind you. I also major federal agencies fail under both of them (FEMA under Bush, and MMS under Obama).

Comment

I think this article from Marc Ambinder, one of my favorite writers, sums up Obama's governing strategy nicely:

National Journal is a research and advisory services company based in Washington, D.C. offering services in government affairs.
                            Originally posted by Gnomad
                            I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                            do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

"They understand that things would be worse, but they don’t understand why things aren’t getting better."

That line is unsubstantiated rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
                                It really does work for both of them. I just found the timing of it all baffling. And to act like Bush wasn't questioned and second-guessed as much as Obama is kind of revisionist, as well. You had film-makers spending millions of dollars of their own money to discredit the guy. Like you said, he certainly deserved the criticism, but I just don't see how Obama is more centrist, as their policies are very similar.

They're both very reactionary presidents, in my opinion. I got to see both of them totally butcher a response to an unprecedented disaster in my home state; in completely different ways, mind you. I also major federal agencies fail under both of them (FEMA under Bush, and MMS under Obama).
                                Yes Obama started the war in Libia but I don't get the 911 failure. How has he bloated the budget to create most of the deficit? Most of our current debt is the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, which he is continuing to fund, the bailout, done under both but to a way larger degree under Bush, and the Bush tax cuts. I am not a big fan of Obama by any means, he frustrates me more than Bush because you know where Bush stood on issues, Obama, not so much.
                                sigpic
                                We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
                                happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

Working...
                                X