Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Traversing.nets Top 50 Albums of the Decade Voting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Traversing.nets Top 50 Albums of the Decade Voting Thread

But that is that initial release date. I don't think it's fair that I let this one slide just because it saw worldwide release a year after its initial release, especially since I denied other albums for the same reasons.

Comment

So what's the new #50?
      Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
      Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

I believe it'd be The Dark Third by Pure Reason Revolution.

Comment

success

Comment

What the hell? What happened to my post? It was finished!

Comment

Didn't post? I certainly didn't touch it.
              Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
              Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

I can't believe how high 10,000 Days ended up. Seriously. Is it just the fact that it was a Tool album?
                I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

It's not even close to horrid, it's just not as good as Lateralus... Which most things aren't.
                  http://rateyourmusic.com/~SinsOfArcadia

Comment

Originally posted by Sins Of Arcadia View Post
                    It's not even close to horrid, it's just not as good as Lateralus... Which most things aren't.
                    To even compare it to Lateralus is a joke. There are only like 3 songs on the entire album worth listening to.

Comment

Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                      yes, it is horrid. the only reason why that album gets any credit is because MJK's name is attached to it. it only has a few good tracks on it, at the beginning, and then it dissipates into nothing but filler tracks.
                      And if the two of us agree on anything, it is clearly infallible.

Comment

I agree, it's a little higher than it should be. But I don't think it's horrid, since there is one song on the album that's in my top 5 Tool songs: Right in Two.

And I'll get it finished... again... soon. Still just a little pissed and I have to collect all the info again.

Comment

It's a guilty pleasure for me. I enjoy listening to about half the tracks, but IMO it's plainly obvious that the boys didn't take the album very seriously, if only by the presence of Rosetta Stoned.

If you line up all the Tool records and compare them strictly on the number of "good" songs, it might at least seem worthy of being in the same league as the others. But somehow when you look at them as cohesive works, 10kD feels more like a joke than anything.

Oh yeah, and the production/loudness blows cock too.

Comment

Originally posted by Corroded Halo View Post
                            Oh yeah, and the production/loudness blows cock too.
                            Because David Bottrill wasn't involved. That was plainly obvious from first listen.

Comment

Vicarious
                              Jambi
                              Wings for Marie
                              10,000 Days (Wings Part II)
                              Intension
                              Right in Two

These are all among the best songs Tool have ever written, with the title track pretty much being their pinnacle as a band. Rosetta Stoned is fucking horrible, agreed, and there is a lot of useless 'filler', but those songs listed all total close to 50 minutes of the best music Tool have ever put out. The album isn't a 'joke', nor is it 'horrid'. I'm not really comparing it to Lateralus as I was accused of, although the comparison obviously wouldn't be out of the question considering the similarities between the two musically.

10,000 Days got a lot of backlash from a bunch of musically inept and underdeveloped fanboys, but it has really held up well for me and quite a few people I have spoken with.
                              http://rateyourmusic.com/~SinsOfArcadia

Comment

Vicarious
                                Jambi
                                Wings for Marie
                                10,000 Days (Wings Part II)
                                Intension
                                Right in Two

These are all among the best songs Tool have ever written, with the title track pretty much being their pinnacle as a band. Rosetta Stoned is fucking horrible, agreed, and there is a lot of useless 'filler', but those songs listed all total close to 50 minutes of the best music Tool have ever put out. The album isn't a 'joke', nor is it 'horrid'. I'm not really comparing it to Lateralus as I was accused of, although the comparison obviously wouldn't be out of the question considering the similarities between the two musically.

10,000 Days got a lot of backlash from a bunch of musically inept and underdeveloped fanboys, but it has really held up well for me and quite a few people I have spoken with.
                                Meh, every person I know that owns the album has basically stopped listening to it. I'm happy for you, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X