Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Traversing.nets Top 50 Albums of the Decade Voting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Traversing.nets Top 50 Albums of the Decade Voting Thread

Yeah, he's pretty good. I wouldn't put him up with Keenan by a long shot, but apart from that first song, I'm digging it.
    ---
    1. Opeth "Ghost Reveries"
    2. Day One Symphony "A Vicious Circle"
    3. Circa Survive "Juturna"
    4. Oceansize "Frames"
    5. Incubus "Morning View"
    6. Fair to Midland "Fables from a Mayfly: What I Tell You Three Times is True"
    7. Circa Survive "On Letting Go"
    8. Coheed and Cambria "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3"
    9. Godspeed You! Black Emperor "Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven!"
    10. Mew "And the Glass Handed Kites"
    11. Bon Iver "For Emma, Forever Ago"

Only one album this time that I didn't like. But I wouldn't say I liked that Mew album. It was OK.
    ---
    Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
    2. Mew - Frengers
    3. Day One Symphony - Pacman
    ... wut? Hahaha
    ---
    Ok, so I've started the other thread already. I figured at this point we could get it rolling. Is there any way we can sticky it? Brock? Ars? And I don't really care if you guys post in it, no need to keep it pristine or some shit.
    ---
    Oh, one thing I will ask. Try and only discuss the albums in the that thread. If you have any other questions or comments, put them here.

Comment

Stickied.. I'll try and listen to the few I haven't heard.
      Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
      Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Billy, the last track on Fables won me over and I came to love FTM after they grew on me. Plus this performance of "Say When" is stunning. His vocals are just stellar.

11. 'Fables From A Mayfly' CD Release live at Curtain Club in Dallas, TX on 06.12.2007.

He doesn't even compare to Keenan. Two completely different styles.

Edit: I never remember how to insert youtube videos. Oh well.
        Originally posted by Gnomad
        I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
        Originally posted by auto-de-fe
        do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

1. Oceansize's "Frames"
          2. Coheed and Cambria's "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 "
          3. Opeth's "Ghost Reveries"
          4. Fair to Midland's "Fables from a Mayfly: What I Tell You Three Times is True"
          5. Godspeed You! Black Emperor's "Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven!"
          6. Mew's "And the Glass Handed Kites"
          7. Day One Symphony's "A Vicious Circle"
          8. Incubus's "Morning View "
          9. Bon Iver's "For Emma, Forever Ago"
          10. Circa Survive's "Juturna"
          11. Circa Survive's "On Letting Go "
          allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

im just here to say that For Emma, Forever Ago, is one of the best albums ever written, and if you don't think so, you should put it on your mp3 player, and go for a walk in the woods while it's snowing

Comment

I don't like the guys voice. It annoyed me.

Comment

Originally posted by Knifeboy View Post
                im just here to say that For Emma, Forever Ago, is one of the best albums ever written, and if you don't think so, you should put it on your mp3 player, and go for a walk in the woods while it's snowing
                There's a 1000 albums just like this.
                ---
                1. Mew's "And the Glass Handed Kites"
                2. Oceansize's "Frames"
                3. Fair to Midland's "Fables from a Mayfly: What I Tell You Three Times is True"
                4. Opeth's "Ghost Reveries"
                5. Godspeed You! Black Emperor's "Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven!"
                6. Circa Survive's "Juturna"
                7. Bon Iver's "For Emma, Forever Ago"
                8. Day One Symphony's "A Vicious Circle"
                9. Incubus's "Morning View "
                10. Circa Survive's "On Letting Go"
                11. Coheed and Cambria's "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 "

Comment

Originally posted by SimpatiK View Post
                  There's a 1000 albums just like this.
                  No.. There really isn't.

I got this album less than 2 years ago, and i have already clocked in over 800 listens all the way through
                  if it takes you some time to get used to the guys voice.. Who cares

Comment

Originally posted by Knifeboy View Post
                    +1

got it on vinyl. you can't fake what this guy has.

Comment

Well it doesn't help that I find his style completely boring as well. I compare Bon Iver to Iron and Wine and Bright Eyes. It just doesn't catch me on any level and I don't have any desire to give it another listen. But like Sigur Ros, I know why people might like it. It's not for me.

Comment

lol, I too find Bright Eyes and Iron and Wine to be absolute snoozefests

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
                          Well it doesn't help that I find his style completely boring as well. I compare Bon Iver to Iron and Wine and Bright Eyes. It just doesn't catch me on any level and I don't have any desire to give it another listen. But like Sigur Ros, I know why people might like it. It's not for me.
                          yeah well same reason I can't get into Opeth

Comment

Originally posted by kata rokkar View Post
                            yeah well same reason I can't get into Opeth
                            Well they do amazing stuff with their fingers and i like that because I'm a guitar nerd.

Comment

A little alarmed at Antennas to Heaven and For Emma being in the company of such inferior albums, but here goes:

01) Godspeed You! Black Emperor's "Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven!"
                              02) Bon Iver's "For Emma, Forever Ago"
                              03) Opeth's "Ghost Reveries"
                              04) Incubus's "Morning View "
                              05) Circa Survive's "Juturna"
                              06) Circa Survive's "On Letting Go "
                              07) Fair to Midland's "Fables from a Mayfly: What I Tell You Three Times is True"
                              08) Oceansize's "Frames"
                              09) Coheed and Cambria's "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 "
                              10) Day One Symphony's "A Vicious Circle"
                              11) Mew's "And the Glass Handed Kites"
                              http://rateyourmusic.com/~SinsOfArcadia

Comment

listen gnomad which is a gneome an damad gnome put together, utrry this hsit up, I wan to know the results.
                                http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
                                seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

Working...
                                X