Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Porcupine Tree's new album "The Incident" (2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oO dredgolfo Oo
    replied
    Re: Porcupine Tree's new album (2009) info

The bass drum sound on Deadwing sounds like a fucking fart. I hate it. In Absentia's production is perfect and the remasterings of the older albums are great. FOABP has a very classic rock feel to it which I like.

Leave a comment:

• cribble
    replied

Oh, and that clicky clicky metal kick drum sounds. KICKS DON'T MAKE A CLICK.

Leave a comment:

• Knifeboy
    replied

I think Deadwing sounds flat. The guitars on that album have absolutely no punch whatsoever for me. The distortion is just too smooth

Fear of a bla bla, has better production in my view. But they're both far away from the perfection that is In Absentia

Leave a comment:

• cribble
    replied

Originally posted by barneystorm View Post
    Tired and boring? That's an opinion and you are welcome to it!! Flat and lifeless production??? Don't think I've ever heard that aimed at a PT release.

Much as I love PT's music, I won't be going to see them live this time round..and probably never again. The cost of the tickets has DOUBLED from the last tour to this one -it's not like they've had a breakthrough album or song since then- in fact they've released bugger all. Much as I like 'em the thick end of 40 notes is simply too much.

Ah, should've been a bit more specific. I love their other albums. Deadwing especially. It's just Fear Of A Blank Planet was flat sounding. Like, heck, it's a great, clean recording, but the mix does nothing for me - unresponsive mixing, imo (I've always wanted to use imo somewhere... and now I've done done it, yay). Opeth production is awesome though!

£40 to see them... Fuck that... Who do they think they are? Prince?

Leave a comment:

• Kyte30351
    replied

I've seen them three times now. Once was back when they were playing the two-part sets, the first showcasing material from the soon to be recorded Fear Of A Blank Planet. And on their last tour I saw they played one of my favorite older songs "Dark Matter." Fucking awesome live.

Leave a comment:

• SoundscapeMN
    replied

the Opeth Damnation tour w/ PT was an excellent tour. One of my favorite concerts certainly.

Leave a comment:

• Knifeboy
    replied

i saw them touring for In Absentia... One of my all time favorite concerts
    It was after they started playing trains live (can't believe they thought it wouldn't work live)
    Back then colin played fretless only, i have no idea why he stopped doing that?

Leave a comment:

• oO dredgolfo Oo
    replied

Saw them once. Great show. Though it was right after Deadwing came out so they barely played anything from previous albums.

Leave a comment:

• Trathena
    replied

I'll have to go see them this time, since I've never seen them live before. I don't think there's anything by them I don't like.

But if they're charging $40 per ticket, God that's fucked up.

Leave a comment:

• Knifeboy
    replied

they might not have had a breakthrough, but i imagine they realised that they were much more popular in america than they initially thought

Leave a comment:

• barneystorm
    replied

Originally posted by cribble View Post
    I'll give it a chance, but I always find their music is tiring to listen to. Tiring and boring. Could be that flat, lifeless production... I dunno. I.
    Tired and boring? That's an opinion and you are welcome to it!! Flat and lifeless production??? Don't think I've ever heard that aimed at a PT release.

Much as I love PT's music, I won't be going to see them live this time round..and probably never again. The cost of the tickets has DOUBLED from the last tour to this one -it's not like they've had a breakthrough album or song since then- in fact they've released bugger all. Much as I like 'em the thick end of 40 notes is simply too much.

Leave a comment:

• IKnockStuffDown
    replied

Last edited by IKnockStuffDown; March 21, 2009, 08:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SimpatiK
    replied

I hope PT release date holds up better than dredg.

dredg go by black people time

Leave a comment:

• cribble
    replied

I'll give it a chance, but I always find their music is tiring to listen to. Tiring and boring. Could be that flat, lifeless production... I dunno. I'll probably come back in a couple of months with a changed opinion...

Leave a comment:

• Knifeboy
    replied

Yeah I'm on the thinking Anasthestize was pretty lacking wagon

Leave a comment:

Working...
X