Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Porcupine Tree's new album "The Incident" (2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoundscapeMN
    replied
    Re: Porcupine Tree's new album (2009) info

Originally posted by Kyte30351 View Post
    I'm kinda put off by the idea of a 55 minute "song." That's not a song to me if it's that long. Maybe it'll be like their Metanoia release? At least I think that's the name of the record, one of the few I don't have yet.
    have you heard the new Decemberists album?..you could look at the whole thing as 1 long, 59minute song. And it works really well imo.

I guess it depends on if it's sort of written by-section but doesn't *feel* like each section *needs* to go into the next necessarily. Or moreso, if it just contains some parts that are worth going-back-to, I may dig it. "Anesthestize" unfortunately felt too much like a bunch of parts that didn't need to be together or it lacked something unique really. Some people loved it; I just couldn't wrap my head around it as-a-whole.

otoh, something like Voyage 34 or The SKy Moves Sideways?..unlikely, but that I'd welcome maybe more than something like Anesthestize part 2.

Leave a comment:

• SimpatiK
    replied

Holy crap

Well the general rule with PT the last couple of years is the longer the song, the more awesome it is.

Russia On Ice, Arriving Somewhere But Not Here, Anesthetize. All absolutely amazing. This is the lenght of all 3 togheter. That will be so fucking amazing it will blow my brains out. Challanging dredg and Mew's new albums by default.

Thanks for the info, I haven't updated myself about PT for long

Leave a comment:

• Kyte30351
    replied

I'm kinda put off by the idea of a 55 minute "song." That's not a song to me if it's that long. Maybe it'll be like their Metanoia release? At least I think that's the name of the record, one of the few I don't have yet.

Leave a comment:

• AnewKINDofFEELING
    replied

I'm surprised my dad hasn't already told me about this. He's turned into quite the PT fan.

Leave a comment:

• bokkers
    replied

Sounds sweet. Looking forward to this.

Leave a comment:

• oO dredgolfo Oo
    replied

Can't fucking wait for this. Another band in my top 10.

Leave a comment:

• Knifeboy
    replied

so wilson is disappearing even further up his own ass?
    i'll most likely not enjoy the 55 minutes of self indulgence
    but i will be very much looking forward to the other disc

Leave a comment:

• SoundscapeMN
    started a topic Porcupine Tree's new album "The Incident" (2009)

Porcupine Tree's new album "The Incident" (2009)

Release date: September 21st
    Previews in July

Reseller Hosting, Web Hosting, Dedicated Servers & Domain Names | Heart Internet

The album will be two cds, one consisting of only a 55 minute song, and the other with individual tracks.
    Last edited by SoundscapeMN; June 12, 2009, 11:37 PM.
Working...
X