Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Porcupine Tree's new album "The Incident" (2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oO dredgolfo Oo
    replied
    Re: Porcupine Tree's new album "The Incident" (2009)

Absolutely cannot wait.

Leave a comment:

• David
    replied

eh, I'd rather Porcupine tree do something this long then a band like Tool.

Leave a comment:

• Knifeboy
    replied

Sounds like they're slowly dissappearing up their own arses

Leave a comment:

• SoundscapeMN
    replied
    Re: Porcupine Tree's new album (2009) info

new album titled "The Incident"

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...ogID=494486027

Porcupine Tree new album
    Porcupine Tree are happy to announce the forthcoming release of their tenth studio album "The Incident". The record is set to be released via Roadrunner Records worldwide on 21st September, as a double CD.

The centre-piece is the title track, which takes up the whole of the first disc. The 55-minute work is described as “a slightly surreal song cycle about beginnings and endings and the sense that ‘after this, things will never be the same again’.”

The self-produced album is completed by four standalone compositions that developed out of band writing sessions last December - Flicker, Bonnie The Cat, Black Dahlia, and Remember Me Lover feature on a separate EP length disc to stress their independence from the song cycle.

Video footage of the band in the studio working on The Incident, as well as audio previews, will be available online soon. The band will tour extensively to promote the album from mid September onwards.

Leave a comment:

• Knifeboy
    replied

Originally posted by barneystorm View Post
    No they aren't.. and certainly not when it's a European band touring Europe. (or even more so when it's a UK band touring the UK
    except that they are. touring america is a lot cheaper than touring europe

Leave a comment:

• SoundscapeMN
    replied

Spring of 2010 supposedly a more extensive North American Tour is to happen. The chance of them coming to MN however, are remote given recent (unexplainable) history (5, including 3 lengthly tours skipping, and instead playing 2 dates in Chicago after selling out The Fine Line in 2003 and 2005).

Leave a comment:

• barneystorm
    replied

Originally posted by Knifeboy View Post
    Where've you been? Live shows are always more expensive here in europe
    No they aren't.. and certainly not when it's a European band touring Europe. (or even more so when it's a UK band touring the UK

Leave a comment:

• Kyte30351
    replied

Boo to the tour dates for the US. No love for the Southeast at all? Hopefully more dates will be announced.

Leave a comment:

• SoundscapeMN
    replied

The band is happy to announce its upcoming Autumn US tour in support of its new album. The following dates have been confirmed:

Tue 15 Sep SEATTLE, WA MOORE THEATER
    Wed 16 Sep PORTLAND, OR ROSELAND
    Fri 18 Sep SAN FRANCISCO WARFIELD
    Sat 19 Sep LOS ANGELES CLUB NOKIA
    Mon 21 Sep CLEVELAND, OH HOUSE OF BLUES
    Tue 22 Sep CHICAGO, IL VIC THEATER
    Thu 24 Sep NY, NY TERMINAL 5
    Sat 26 Sep PHILLY ELECTRIC FACTORY
    Sun 27 Sep BOSTON, MA HOUSE OF BLUES
    Tue 29 Sep MONTREAL METROPOLIS
    Wed 30 Sep TORONTO QUEEN ELIZABETH THEATRE

Supporting PT in Seattle, Portland, and San Francisco: That 1 Guy
    In Los Angeles: Bigelf
    Remaining Dates: King's X

US TICKET INFORMATION
    ROABP, the band’s ticketing club, has tickets available for all shows, and are available to ROABP members starting THIS FRIDAY, April 10.

For more information on ROABP presale tickets for both the US and European tour dates, click here.

Onsale dates for the general public are all on April 17, except Boston and Chicago, which are on sale April 18, and San Francisco, on sale April 19.

Venue Ticket Information:

Seattle
    Portland
    San Francisco
    Los Angeles
    Cleveland
    Chicago
    New York
    Philadelphia
    Boston

Leave a comment:

• Knifeboy
    replied

Where've you been? Live shows are always more expensive here in europe

Leave a comment:

• barneystorm
    replied

The tickets for the U.S. shows seem to be the same in dollars what we are being asked to pay in pounds (i.e- U.S. tickets $25 - $30, UK Tickets £25 - £30 + Ticketbastard charges) Given that the exchange rate is hovering just below £1 = $1.50 that's quite a significant extra cost on the UK ticket prices.. and when you consider they live here.. well... anyway , screw them!!!

Leave a comment:

• bokkers
    replied

Originally posted by Knifeboy View Post
    Another album with perfect production is Signify. Another one of my absolute favorites
    Signify is awesome. Sever is epic, Waiting is awesome as well.

Leave a comment:

• SoundscapeMN
    replied

they just announced they're doing a short US tour in the Fall. 1st few dates..

The Warfield San Francisco, CA
    Fri, 09/18/09
    09:00 PM
    More Info
    on sale:Sun, 03/29/09
    10:00 AM

CLUB NOKIA Los Angeles, CA
    Sat, 09/19/09
    06:30 PM
    More Info
    presale begins:Thu, 03/26/09
    10:00 AM

also:
    "There will be Montreal, Toronto, Boston, NY (2), and Philly shows, a Cleveland and Chi-town show and.... wait for it....Looks as though Seattle and Portland are back in business this time around too"

Leave a comment:

• gderd
    replied

I like porcupine, yah ok good new progressive rock, and steven W, I think he's ok to be a guitarist and he has good riffs, good producer, good musician, but yah his music is flat, they have no heart in the tracks, i don't feel the soul in it, maybe it has the best energy, but no soul into music, anyway not a bad band, but they need to focus on the in-music rather just than playing good riffs and banging their heads

Leave a comment:

• Knifeboy
    replied

Another album with perfect production is Signify. Another one of my absolute favorites

Leave a comment:

Working...
X