Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Porcupine Tree's new album "The Incident" (2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porcupine Tree's new album "The Incident" (2009)

Release date: September 21st
    Previews in July

Reseller Hosting, Web Hosting, Dedicated Servers & Domain Names | Heart Internet

The album will be two cds, one consisting of only a 55 minute song, and the other with individual tracks.
    Last edited by SoundscapeMN; June 12, 2009, 11:37 PM.
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Re: Porcupine Tree's new album (2009) info

so wilson is disappearing even further up his own ass?
    i'll most likely not enjoy the 55 minutes of self indulgence
    but i will be very much looking forward to the other disc

Comment

Can't fucking wait for this. Another band in my top 10.
      BLOG
      DEPTHS
      RABBIT HOLE

Comment

Sounds sweet. Looking forward to this.
        I can see a washed out moon through the fog.

Comment

I'm surprised my dad hasn't already told me about this. He's turned into quite the PT fan.
          I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
          I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
          A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
          To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

I'm kinda put off by the idea of a 55 minute "song." That's not a song to me if it's that long. Maybe it'll be like their Metanoia release? At least I think that's the name of the record, one of the few I don't have yet.
            Originally posted by Gnomad
            How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

Holy crap

Well the general rule with PT the last couple of years is the longer the song, the more awesome it is.

Russia On Ice, Arriving Somewhere But Not Here, Anesthetize. All absolutely amazing. This is the lenght of all 3 togheter. That will be so fucking amazing it will blow my brains out. Challanging dredg and Mew's new albums by default.

Thanks for the info, I haven't updated myself about PT for long

Comment

Originally posted by Kyte30351 View Post
                I'm kinda put off by the idea of a 55 minute "song." That's not a song to me if it's that long. Maybe it'll be like their Metanoia release? At least I think that's the name of the record, one of the few I don't have yet.
                have you heard the new Decemberists album?..you could look at the whole thing as 1 long, 59minute song. And it works really well imo.

I guess it depends on if it's sort of written by-section but doesn't *feel* like each section *needs* to go into the next necessarily. Or moreso, if it just contains some parts that are worth going-back-to, I may dig it. "Anesthestize" unfortunately felt too much like a bunch of parts that didn't need to be together or it lacked something unique really. Some people loved it; I just couldn't wrap my head around it as-a-whole.

otoh, something like Voyage 34 or The SKy Moves Sideways?..unlikely, but that I'd welcome maybe more than something like Anesthestize part 2.
                allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Yeah I'm on the thinking Anasthestize was pretty lacking wagon

Comment

I'll give it a chance, but I always find their music is tiring to listen to. Tiring and boring. Could be that flat, lifeless production... I dunno. I'll probably come back in a couple of months with a changed opinion...
                    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

I hope PT release date holds up better than dredg.

dredg go by black people time

Comment

Last edited by IKnockStuffDown; March 21, 2009, 08:01 PM.
                        http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
                        seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

Originally posted by cribble View Post
                          I'll give it a chance, but I always find their music is tiring to listen to. Tiring and boring. Could be that flat, lifeless production... I dunno. I.
                          Tired and boring? That's an opinion and you are welcome to it!! Flat and lifeless production??? Don't think I've ever heard that aimed at a PT release.

Much as I love PT's music, I won't be going to see them live this time round..and probably never again. The cost of the tickets has DOUBLED from the last tour to this one -it's not like they've had a breakthrough album or song since then- in fact they've released bugger all. Much as I like 'em the thick end of 40 notes is simply too much.

Comment

they might not have had a breakthrough, but i imagine they realised that they were much more popular in america than they initially thought

Comment

I'll have to go see them this time, since I've never seen them live before. I don't think there's anything by them I don't like.

But if they're charging $40 per ticket, God that's fucked up.

Comment

Working...
                              X