Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Porcupine Tree's new album "The Incident" (2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Porcupine Tree's new album "The Incident" (2009)

some kind of suspect transcode leaked I guess. The only thing I'm coming up with right now are torrent links. Hopefully something more trustworthy will be available soon.
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SoundscapeMN View Post
      some kind of suspect transcode leaked I guess. The only thing I'm coming up with right now are torrent links. Hopefully something more trustworthy will be available soon.
      found it: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O67SWZXW

Quality is pretty poor, along the lines of the original TPTPTD leak I guess. I'm not someone who even pretends I can make myself wait for the final release of something I've been waiting years for, though.

Anyway, I'm fairly relieved after skimming through it for the first time. The high points are unquestionably better than anything on FoaBP, even if there are some sections that drag (what can one expect from a 55-minute song cycle?). I haven't really listened to Disc 2 yet, but I'd say "The Blind House" and the title track from the first disc are the best thing SW has done since the In Absentia/Deadwing era, by far. Unlike "Anesthetize," a lot of this stuff manages to be atmospheric and complex without boredom setting in.
      Last edited by Corroded Halo; September 1, 2009, 06:05 AM.

Comment

ahh..thanks..I'll give it maybe 1 or 2 plays and wait for something better. It may not come up for a little while given how some leaks have been of late...like 1-week or even less before the street date.
        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Thanks for the link Corroded Halo.
          I can see a washed out moon through the fog.

Comment

Well I downloaded the leak, but actually I'm not really enjoying it. There are many clips with that recording... I will only be able to fully judge the album, when I've got the hard copy, just as it was with Mars Volta's 'Octahedron' and dredg's Pariah.
            The O.C. Project
            http://lolo-extreme.myblog.de/
            Right? hoeh'?

Comment

True, the jumps in there are really awful. Still can't help listening to it over and over, awesome album. Enjoy Time Flies as well now, after a couple of listens.
              I can see a washed out moon through the fog.

Comment

This CD is unbelievably consistent. 76 straight minutes of awesome music. That's hard to do.
                BLOG
                DEPTHS
                RABBIT HOLE

Comment

It's also on Demonoid: http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/2052882/11473114/

Comment

Yes, the rip is from a stream. But this is still the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!! I was going to delete this after initial listen because of the quality being horrid; however, it's so damn good I keep listening. I have no patience even though I have this preodered.
                    Last edited by plinian; September 3, 2009, 02:19 AM.

Comment

I've kept my hands off up until now so I might as well wait until a decent rip.

Comment

Originally posted by SimpatiK View Post
                        I've kept my hands off up until now so I might as well wait until a decent rip.
                        Porcupine Tree - The Incident (Advance) [2009/CD/MP3/V0(VBR)/Log] is apparently out. Might want to look in the iron skillet and grab some maple syrup. Just be sure to tip the artist.
                        Last edited by plinian; September 5, 2009, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Yup Yup!

The Incident (2009) | VBR V0 kbps | 130 mb

or

Comment

thanks. Yeah, I noticed some better rips finally coming up the last few days,with my limited time online. Getting a new pc on Tuesday as my most recent one bit the dust late last week.
                            allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Hang on for a bit longer as there are some copies actually shipping now- some people on the PT list are getting theirs in the post already.

Comment

Fuck yeah

Comment

Working...
                                X