Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Porcupine Tree's new album "The Incident" (2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Porcupine Tree's new album "The Incident" (2009)

So did Adam Jones create this video? lol

Comment

Hahaha. It is a very Tool-ish video but I like it. I'd rather see this than the band actually playing most of the time.
      BLOG
      DEPTHS
      RABBIT HOLE

Comment

I know what you mean...I could watch Gavin Harrison drum for hours, though. That guy is fantastic.

Comment

Me too man. One of my favorite drummers of all time. He's incredible on the new blu-ray.
          BLOG
          DEPTHS
          RABBIT HOLE

Comment

What Blu-Ray is that?

Comment

Anesthetize.
              BLOG
              DEPTHS
              RABBIT HOLE

Comment

I got the Anesthetize blu-ray. They would be so good if Steven Wilson's terrible lyrics didn't ruin everything.

Comment

they're playing at Radio City Music Hall tonight. Pretty significant.
                  allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Gavin Harrison on David Letterman last night

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SoundscapeMN View Post
                      Gavin Harrison on David Letterman last night
                      I never would have believed I would hear (or read in this instance) that.
                      ---
                      I wonder how many people in that crowd comprehended what he just threw at them. Glad to see Gavin getting some of the attention that he deserves.

And how often do you hear blast beats in jazz?
                      I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                      I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                      A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                      To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

not much (if at all. Bill Bruford or someone like Marco Minneman or Mike Mangini perhaps).

just a bump/heads up.

Porcupine Tree are in-effect on HIATUS. Steven Wilson told Used Bin Radio a few weeks ago, they will comeback at some point, but not until they "reinvent" themselves.

Pretty much his focus is on his solo music and Storm Corrosion (along with more of those 5.1 and remixes of bands like King Crimson and Jethro Tull).
                        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SoundscapeMN View Post
                          Porcupine Tree are in-effect on HIATUS. Steven Wilson told Used Bin Radio a few weeks ago, they will comeback at some point, but not until they "reinvent" themselves.

Pretty much his focus is on his solo music and Storm Corrosion (along with more of those 5.1 and remixes of bands like King Crimson and Jethro Tull).
                          I hadn't heard this, but I'm kind of glad. PT has been on a significant decline since Deadwing. The Incident was just not very good. It got way too pretentious. It had some good songs, but was a general snoozefest.

I'm hoping he refinds his pop roots. The pop sensibilities were what drew me to them, and it has slowly been replaced by technical proficiency. As much as I love Gavin, I feel like the band lost a certain swing when Steven replaced Chris Maitland.

Comment

Couldn't agree more

Comment

Now that it's been three years since the last record and I can look back with a clearer perspective, SW's career basically became irrelevant to me the day after Deadwing dropped in 2005. The more I think about it, Blackfield is as much to blame as anything else. The first LP was really good, but the latter two became dumping grounds for SW's more melodic and poppy ideas at the expense of PT -- and they weren't even good, either. Meanwhile, both FOABP and The Incident were just painfully pretentious and at times downright lame, lyrically. There are several good musical moments on both, but I don't really listen to them anymore.

As for his more recent solo dabblings and Storm Corrosion, it's just not for me. I recognize the talent and creativity, but meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Corroded Halo View Post
                                The more I think about it, Blackfield is as much to blame as anything else. The first LP was really good, but the latter two became dumping grounds for SW's more melodic and poppy ideas at the expense of PT -- and they weren't even good, either. Meanwhile, both FOABP and The Incident were just painfully pretentious and at times downright lame, lyrically. There are several good musical moments on both, but I don't really listen to them anymore.
                                I have felt this way since FOABP dropped. Like you said, he was wasting his poppy hooks and melodies on Blackfield. That said, I'm pretty sure he had very little to do with the 3rd Blackfield album. I'm pretty sure he was more of a session musician on that one than a member of the band. It is now totally an Aviv Geffen project.

Comment

Working...
                                X