Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Water & Bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Water & Bodies

Originally posted by SoundscapeMN View Post
    yeah, those tunes were uploaded more than a year ago, and I recall they were made for/while-working-on Horses Galloping.
    Those songs were recorded as a 4 piece (without Kile) and were not intended for 'Horses Galloping'. They were only recorded under the Kaddisfly name because they hadn't quite decided to start a new band yet, but they did soon after.

I'm glad they put those up for people to hear. There are more great demos that were recorded before Kile left and things changed. Hopefully I can release them into the wild someday.

Comment

man kaddisfly was so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by danfury View Post
        Those songs were recorded as a 4 piece (without Kile) and were not intended for 'Horses Galloping'. They were only recorded under the Kaddisfly name because they hadn't quite decided to start a new band yet, but they did soon after.

I'm glad they put those up for people to hear. There are more great demos that were recorded before Kile left and things changed. Hopefully I can release them into the wild someday.
        Wait a sec... are you saying songs like "It Has to Be This Way" and "Man on a String" were recorded by the 4-piece that would become W&B?

Hate to sound overly negative, but if so, that actually disappoints me more in a way. Those demos blow everything on this record out of the water and across the ocean. You could've fooled me if you said they were Horses Galloping tracks. Kind of disappointing to think that's the direction W&B could've taken... if they had, I don't think as many people would still be pining away for Kaddisfly in vain.

...that aside, Light Year continues to grow on me in its own right. I'm to the point where Free World and 1980 are the only songs I skip, although I'm not really sold on Written & Read either. Lonely Night and Already Gone are the clear winners in my book.

But yeah... I'd probably pay good money to get my hands on those demos you speak of, plus some higher-quality files for the MySpace songs. It sounds like you're close to the band... is there any chance of Horses Galloping seeing the light of day, or is K-fly buried for good?
        Last edited by Corroded Halo; February 24, 2011, 02:19 AM.

Comment

no, "Lately" and "Man On A String", the songs that are on myspace currently, were recorded by the 4 piece. "It Has To Be This Way" and a couple others were recorded a year earlier during a different demo session.

The 4-piece version of Kaddisfly wasn't really what became Water & Bodies ... it was more like an alternate Kfly. They even played a couple of shows as Kaddisfly. It was some kind of mid-mutation between Kfly and W&B. It was the decision to start a completely different band with a different sound that spawned W&B, and left the alt-Kfly songs behind.

Let it be clear, Kaddisfly and Water & Bodies are two totally separate entities.

I am indeed close with the members of these bands. I've been on the road and in the studio with them since 2005. They are currently enjoying playing as W&B and are proud of Light Year, as they should be.

However, Kaddisfly is not dead, nor was it ever considered that way by anyone involved. All members have expressed their desire to revive Kaddisfly when the time is right.

Comment

No, Mr Fury, KIDISFLIEZ N THE BODIES R TE SAME BAND LOL.
            ---
            BTW, I fucking love this album. Thanks
            (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Originally posted by danfury View Post
              no, "Lately" and "Man On A String", the songs that are on myspace currently, were recorded by the 4 piece. "It Has To Be This Way" and a couple others were recorded a year earlier during a different demo session.

The 4-piece version of Kaddisfly wasn't really what became Water & Bodies ... it was more like an alternate Kfly. They even played a couple of shows as Kaddisfly. It was some kind of mid-mutation between Kfly and W&B. It was the decision to start a completely different band with a different sound that spawned W&B, and left the alt-Kfly songs behind.

Let it be clear, Kaddisfly and Water & Bodies are two totally separate entities.

I am indeed close with the members of these bands. I've been on the road and in the studio with them since 2005. They are currently enjoying playing as W&B and are proud of Light Year, as they should be.

However, Kaddisfly is not dead, nor was it ever considered that way by anyone involved. All members have expressed their desire to revive Kaddisfly when the time is right.
              Kaddisfly lives on in the hugz and kissez we deliver to each other on a regular basis.
              Originally posted by Gnomad
              I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
              Originally posted by auto-de-fe
              do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

TBH, I’m not too worried about it, we’ve got to live before we die.
                (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

I just got my kickstarter campaign package in the mail today I can say, this is probably only the 3rd or 4th time my name's been in a cd. That is always a cool feeling. The poster is nice, although they rolled it up extremely tight.
                  allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

new live song for ya!

Comment

Wow, Zac, you're getting to be amazingly good at these recordings...

Comment

Yeah that recording is amazing. Professional recording. I bet the band is extremely happy with this recording.

Im hoping that in this album the singer learns to shut his mouth sometimes. That was mainly my only gripe with Kaddisfly. As a vocalist you need to know when the music needs to speak for itself... and he was terrible at that.
                        Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

I finally got around to listening to the new album.

I didn't care for the re-records of Free World and Moments in a Life, I thought the originals were much better. However, I think the re-records of Celebration Song and Written & Read were fantastic. Written & Read was already my favorite and to see them improve it is awesome.

As for the rest of the album, I enjoy it. I still miss Kaddisfly, but I love the work they've done with W&B. 1980 is a great song.

Really happy with this album. I'm glad I paid $10.
                          Last edited by Gnomad; April 20, 2011, 03:10 AM.

Comment

new live jam

Comment

wish I was there as I'd love to see these guys and Falling Up of course.
                              allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X