Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Water & Bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sittingsideways
    replied
    Re: Water & Bodies

why did they feel it necessary that they change their name?

sorry if this has been discussed in a separate thread... possibly "Kaddisfly" thread. lol.

My friend says possibly a record contract thing, but i doubt it. I mean i understand if a couple people leave and their whole sound changes, and i know the bass is such an important part of music and especially in kaddisfly but they struggled for so long to get where they were (and mind you wasnt that far) why would they start all over again?

Leave a comment:

• dredgfan001
    replied

hells yeah man, lemme know if you manage it. we'll get you on the guest list.

Leave a comment:

• Starving Artist
    replied

I've been waiting for this stuff. I'm thinking of trying to get to Protland for their first show.

Leave a comment:

• AnewKINDofFEELING
    replied

Oddly enough, I erred in saying Orange County. I totally meant SJC. One of my friends plays on an SJC kit (which replaced his OC kit, hence the confusion). It's nice to be right when you're wrong, I guess.

AnewKINDofFEELING added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

In fact, you can see his kit on the SJC website (Artist name: Jeremy Rasti).

SJC really does put together some pretty kits.

Leave a comment:

• dredgfan001
    replied

it's his old SJC kit he's playing. Beau plans on building his new kit from scratch with used drum kits. He's probably gonna get Truth to build him his kick, but other than that the whole kit will be built from vintage gear.

Leave a comment:

• FeebleFables
    replied

Yep. Same here with Circa Survive. To be honest, I'm like that with A LOT of singers, but these two bands stand out because their instrument sections are so awesome, but the vocals prevent me from indulging.

Leave a comment:

• AnewKINDofFEELING
    replied

Originally posted by IKnockStuffDown View Post
    Agreed. They'd be much higher on my list if they had a different singer. I don't dislike him, I just can't get into him. I feel like his style of vocals don't fit with their style of music. That's probably why I like the first video so much.
    The other band that fits perfectly into that category for me is Circa Survive. I've tried to get into them, but I just can't get past Anthony Green's vocals.

Leave a comment:

• IKnockStuffDown
    replied

Originally posted by FeebleFables View Post
    That was always my problem with Kaddisfly, great music, but I just can't get into the vocals, they turn me away every time.
    Agreed. They'd be much higher on my list if they had a different singer. I don't dislike him, I just can't get into him. I feel like his style of vocals don't fit with their style of music. That's probably why I like the first video so much.

Leave a comment:

• FeebleFables
    replied

That was always my problem with Kaddisfly, great music, but I just can't get into the vocals, they turn me away every time.

Leave a comment:

• AnewKINDofFEELING
    replied

Is that an Orange County kit he's playing on?

I dig the music, but the vocals are quite meh. I don't know, they just sound very, very generic.

Leave a comment:

• Knifeboy
    replied

that's awesome, because I've never liked kaddisfly, haha

Leave a comment:

• jsbedlam
    replied

nice

jsbedlam added 0 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

Originally posted by Knifeboy View Post
    third one was awesome, who is this band
    kaddisfly -1

Leave a comment:

• Knifeboy
    replied

third one was awesome, who is this band

Leave a comment:

• cribble
    replied

Ok, listening now.

video 01, yes. Awesome. Can't wait to hear this with lyrics.
    video 02. Tight. Tight as fuck. This break down is fucking hot. This makes me want to swear with excitement. HOT SHIT. Casiotone rocking... maybe it was a microkorg... can't tell, same sized keys.
    video 03. Awww. Killer. Yeah, this is the shit...

I WANT STUDIO VERSIONZ NOW!

Leave a comment:

• SoundscapeMN
    replied

that 3rd video is sweet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X