Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Favorite Albums Of 2008 And Anticipations In 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Albums Of 2008 And Anticipations In 2009

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
    No one said that it's wrong to like Muse. I just said that their singer is a cheap Thom Yorke. As for all british singers sounding like Thom Yorke, I give you:

Davey McManus
    Steven Wilson
    PJ Harvey
    Damon Albarn
    and last, but certainly not least, I give you Lady Sovereign

I wouldn't say that any of them sound like a cheap Thom Yorke.
    i haven't heard anyone that sounds like thom yorke.

Comment

Originally posted by sangreal314 View Post
      i haven't heard anyone that sounds like thom yorke.
      That's the point I was making. Not all british singers sound like Thom Yorke wannabes, but Matthew Bellamy does.
      I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
      I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
      A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
      To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Originally posted by FeebleFables View Post
        I mean, if people are going to nitpick, might as well not fuck around.
        Soooorrry, I don't know the correct terms. I'm not a singer by any means, I'm just the average dude listening to music and happened to pick up things that sounded similar to me. Of course people who know about vocals aren't going to hear it the same way I am. Its just a personal opinion.
        DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

The idea of Matthew Bellamy being a cheap Thom Yorke is silly. They have a similar range and a similar pitch, therefore, Bellamy is a rip off of Yorke? Hardly. And falsetto? Are you kidding me? You might as well accuse 90% of indie singers of the same shit.

Personally, I don't think Bellamy and Yorke's singing styles are similar. Yorke uses a lot of droning and flat notes. Bellamy has a brighter sound and rarely goes off key. I'm not saying Yorke can't stay on key, but he prefers to hit his notes flat a lot of times. Radiohead is FAR better than Muse... but Muse and their singer are nothing like Radiohead.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
            The idea of Matthew Bellamy being a cheap Thom Yorke is silly. They have a similar range and a similar pitch, therefore, Bellamy is a rip off of Yorke? Hardly. And falsetto? Are you kidding me? You might as well accuse 90% of indie singers of the same shit.

Personally, I don't think Bellamy and Yorke's singing styles are similar. Yorke uses a lot of droning and flat notes. Bellamy has a brighter sound and rarely goes off key. I'm not saying Yorke can't stay on key, but he prefers to hit his notes flat a lot of times. Radiohead is FAR better than Muse... but Muse and their singer are nothing like Radiohead.

i think radiohead is better, but matt bellamy is the most talented person in popular music today.

Comment

Yorke sounds like he's high and has the most nauseating way of announciating words it's like nails-on-a-chalkboard to me.
              allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

radiohead > muse

do they sound alike? maybe. you can tell muse is "influenced" by radiohead. But they do not sound similar. I wouldn't go as far as saying that they are in different genre (i don't know who said that but its in here somewhere). however, the vocals could be confused by the casual listener, but there's no similarity as far as i'm concerned.

Oh here my top 10 songs of '08. Enjoy x10

Comment

Originally posted by sangreal314 View Post
                  matt bellamy is the most talented person in popular music today.
                  And comparing Bellamy to Thom Yorke was the dumbest statement ever? Leave the superlatives in a box under your bed for when you're trying to get laid.
                  I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                  I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                  A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                  To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Yeah, gonna have to agree with Mr. Clown Butt... that's just not true.

Comment

• Re: Favorite Albums Of 2008 And Anticipations In 2009

who else is that talented on that many instruments?

Comment

Super God.

Comment

Super God.
                          besides him, of course.

Comment

John Frusciante. Trent Reznor. Dave Grohl. Les Claypool. Mikael Akerfeldt. Paul McCartney.

Comment

John Frusciante. Trent Reznor. Dave Grohl. Les Claypool. Mikael Akerfeldt. Paul McCartney.

all those are very talented, but i think the only one i would give you is mccartney. because bellamy is a better singer than all those guys.

Comment

Than Mikael Akerfeldt?

That's hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                                X