Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

What have you watched recently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What have you watched recently?

Originally posted by IKnockStuffDown View Post
    I saw bruno, it was very pressingly uncomfortable
    it was just outragous. not exactly funny, just utter shock and stupid humor. not that impressed.

Just saw Coraline for the first time in 3-D. Wow that was cool. The visuals were amazing and it wasn't all "goth and gloom" Hot Topic shit that I thought it was going to be. Good flick.

Comment

various episodes of Untamed and Uncut - an Animal Planet show

Comment

funny people was a great FILM. Wasnt a great comedy, but a great movie. There were lots of hilarious parts for those who were expecting a comedy... but the acting, storyline and drama was perfect. I would say twenty minutes too long tho... its about 2:25.

Jason Shwartzman is a douchebag tho. I hate that guy, he plays the same role and hes NOT funny. At least Seth Rogen plays the same role and IS funny...

plus jason shwartzman wrote some of the score/soundtrack and it sounds like a bunch of beatles rip offs.
        Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

the first four seasons of the wire. pretty much as good as tv gets.

the visioneers was cool too. and i saw moon a couple weeks ago, which was awesome.
          Originally posted by vsd
          ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Originally posted by IKnockStuffDown View Post
            I saw bruno, it was very pressingly uncomfortable
            Which made it awesome.

Nothing makes me laugh like seeing grown men cry at realizing homosexuality exists 4 real.

Worth the money: A place for anal bleaching in every town

Comment

Originally posted by Sittingsideways View Post
              funny people was a great FILM. Wasnt a great comedy, but a great movie. There were lots of hilarious parts for those who were expecting a comedy... but the acting, storyline and drama was perfect. I would say twenty minutes too long tho... its about 2:25.

Jason Shwartzman is a douchebag tho. I hate that guy, he plays the same role and hes NOT funny. At least Seth Rogen plays the same role and IS funny...

plus jason shwartzman wrote some of the score/soundtrack and it sounds like a bunch of beatles rip offs.

Agreed except for everything you wrote about Schwartzman. I think I've loved him in every movie he's been in, and you obviously have only seen a few if he was like this in the others. And Phantom Planet and Coconut Records are both good bands.
              Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
              Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

-Thirteen Ghosts
                -Doggy Fizzle Televizzle

Comment

Being Human is a good series.

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
                    Agreed except for everything you wrote about Schwartzman. I think I've loved him in every movie he's been in, and you obviously have only seen a few if he was like this in the others. And Phantom Planet and Coconut Records are both good bands.
                    What movies were good you've seen him in? Im a big movie buff and love to be suprised so seeing him and liking him would be good. Because all i've really seen him in is "slackers" and "spun". I liked slackers, but didnt like his character. And i didnt like spun very much... i can name a dozen twacker movies i liked more.

I heard rushmore was good, but i never saw it. And i have yet to see the darjeeling limited yet.
                    ---
                    and i am not a fan of phantom planet.

Comment

Never seen or heard of Spun. But Slackers is a good example of a movie where he plays a character much different than the one in Funny People. In fact, they're almost polar opposites. I assumed you had seen Rushmore, since he's much closer in character in that movie. You should also check out I Heart Huckabees.
                      Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                      Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

I Heart Huckabees is a really good film IMO.

I also just watched Gattaca. Not too bad.
                        DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

Lust, Caution - the sex scenes provide more information about the characters than the 2 1/2 hour onslaught of Ang Lee's skill at boring you to tears.

Persepolis - REALLY good. Basically an animated film that follows a young girl as she comes of age against the backdrop of the Iranian Revolution. Funny, interesting, and well made all together.

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
                            Never seen or heard of Spun. But Slackers is a good example of a movie where he plays a character much different than the one in Funny People. In fact, they're almost polar opposites. I assumed you had seen Rushmore, since he's much closer in character in that movie. You should also check out I Heart Huckabees.
                            Spun is great. Good cast, solid acting, good plot, etc, etc.
                            http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

Originally posted by noclevername View Post
                              Spun is great. Good cast, solid acting, good plot, etc, etc.
                              I think movies like requiem for a dream, or the salton sea are better films.

Comment

i think Spun's at least as good as The Salton Sea, if not slightly better. RFAD is the gold standard of creepy junkie movies though. I highly recommend the book as well.
                                http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

Working...
                                X