Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Circa Survive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Circa Survive

I just saw them this past Wednesday with Pelican (easily on par with CS as an instrumental outfit. awesome guys too) and well, i was kinda disappointed with CS performance. I've seen them before, so this isnt the first time i've seen them, but it became screamingfest during almost every song. also, anthony gets funnier and funnier to watch during the show, each time i go see them
    Facebookem, Danno | Twitter me this...

Comment

I will say that the growing Circa fan base has contributed to the steady decline of Circa's live enjoyability.
      Originally posted by Gnomad
      I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
      Originally posted by auto-de-fe
      do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

The steady decline could also be because they suck live about 50% of the time. At least from my experience and a few others I've heard from.
        Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
        Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Originally posted by One Second Clubber View Post
          I know that there are people besides Soundscape that feel the same way as he does that isn't posting in this thread, yet reading every part of it.
          ::raises hand::

I have only heard a few songs by Circa Survive. I bought a mix CD from my local record store: Equal Vision Records Presents New Sounds Vol. 2, in large part because I'd heard people on this board talk about them. It has "Act Appalled" and "The Great Golden Baby." I didn't care for Anthony's voice, and never tried anything else by them. But just because I don't care for his voice doesn't mean he has a bad voice (I think his voice is impressive). It's just not my taste. I'm the same with Bjork; she has--to me--a "baby-talk" style that I don't like (forgive me, Kata!). But I recognize that--my taste aside--Bjork is one of the most talented musicians of our/my generation.

So if you're that person, download my provided link and tell me what you think...
          Done. These songs are beautiful. They make me want to listen to the CD I have again. Thank you for taking the time to upload them.

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree View Post
          Well in my opinion, the songs Circa Survive write are a lot more involved and unpredictable than pretty much anything Ours has ever written, . . .
          Philistine!!!!

and I like both bands.
          Oh. Nevermind then. ;-)

Ironically, the night I saw Ours open for Circa Survive, Jimmy went on for two minutes about how good of a singer he considered Anthony to be.
          This doesn't surprise me. I love Anthony for his defense of Ours during the tour, so I'd LOVE to enjoy his music. I'll keep an open mind. These acoustic songs are very beautiful, and his talent is obvious.

Comment

Has anybody heard about the Circa t-shirt that Drew supposedly designed as part of Circas ongoing efforts to save Siren records?

Comment

Yeah, there's a load of limited stock shirts and stuff at the moment. Drew's hasn't been printed yet, i don't think.
              (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

I really don't care much for them. Maybe it's because I ended up with a torn pectoral muscle because the singer's a fucking wanker.
                I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

do tell

Comment

Originally posted by Knifeboy View Post
                    do tell
                    The singer was completely trashed and the crowd thinned out pretty early on. I had gotten in early to take video of dredg, so I was right in front of where Gavin was set up for sound check. Anyway, the singer from Circa Survive kept stumbling and falling. Well, I had to catch him like 5 times to keep him from falling off of the stage. The last time was bad. He was going headfirst, but was off to my side. No one was standing there, as most people were tired of being fallen on. So I had my arm all the way out to my side and caught him by his chest, pushing him back on stage. It sucked, but dredg put on a great show.

Thanks to Drew for the press pass, by the way.
                    Last edited by AnewKINDofFEELING; July 28, 2008, 09:01 PM.
                    I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                    I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                    A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                    To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

you actually tore your pectoral muscle? jesus, that sucks really bad

Comment

Your boobs?
                        (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

nothing worse than ripped boobs.
                          Originally posted by kata rokkar
                          Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

Except sensitive nipples caused by PMS.

No, wait, that's enjoyable.

Never mind.

Comment

Gross... 77 year old sensitive nipple!!!
                              Originally posted by Ars Sycro
                              I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by One Second Clubber View Post
                                Gross... 77 year old sensitive nipple!!!
                                'tis true. We can't all be Cribble.

Comment

Working...
                                X