Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

dredg live album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serj knows good music/artists (dredg, buckethead).

Comment

i like this news.

i also don't see the attention dredg is getting bad. dredg dragged me out of my nu-metal listening and introduced me to many good artists. i believe they will do the same with these 'metal-core/emo-core' listeners.

Comment

Originally posted by kata rokkar
        i like this news.

i also don't see the attention dredg is getting bad. dredg dragged me out of my nu-metal listening and introduced me to many good artists. i believe they will do the same with these 'metal-core/emo-core' listeners.
        same here man . . . dredg and a few others were crucial in introducing me to some amazing tunes & getting my head out of my ass . . . musically speaking, that is!
        Originally posted by kata rokkar
        Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

I find it interesting that so many people are worried about dredg getting heard. It's sort of odd.

So I'll just roll my eyes and say the same thing I say in every other thread...

dredg is not "our" band, and everyone else has just as much of a right to hear the band and enjoy them as we do. Mainstream artists doing remixes of dredg songs is an AMAZING opportunity to get the band heard. There are people out there who can't or simply don't actively seek out music, and just take what they're given. I'll admit it... one of my first FAVORITE bands was Korn. Korn led to Incubus, Incubus led to Tool, Tool led to dredg, dredg led to a million different things, mostly from long talks with Drew about music.

I'll remind you all that dredg toured with Hoobastank and Phantom Planet. When I asked Mark what that was like, he basically said "we just want people to hear us, and if they like it, great, if they don't, at least we got to them."

ALL GREAT BANDS MUST BE HEARD TO BE CONSIDERED GREAT. Let the band grow and recognize that if they were going to compromise their artistic integrity, they would have done it a long, long time ago.
          Originally posted by Gnomad
          I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
          Originally posted by auto-de-fe
          do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

good post ^
            Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
            you're pretty narcissistic
            enjoy that, nobody else does.
            Originally posted by Madklikor
            You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
              and recognize that if they were going to compromise their artistic integrity, they would have done it a long, long time ago.
              Amen!.. They've been going for 10 years, they've had plenty of time to "sell out"

Comment

That's some dramatic stuff.
                If there was no consequence, I could answer all the questions of the world.

Comment

This is quite the exciting news!

I need to get back in the habbit of checking this place out more frequently

Comment

A live CD ( I LOVE these! NIN:And all that could have been, anyone? ) and maybe a making of CWOA dvd? That's tasty. I'm looking forward to it. Now all that I need is a texas date or two during this tour and all will be a-ok.

Comment

I think it is a little pre-mature for a live album but hell, I'll buy 12 copies. I can't say I am excited about the Serj remix but I liked the Buckethead album.
                      sigpic
                      We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
                      Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                      happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

mars volta and chevelle had live albums after their first 2 releases......at least dredg waited till their third

hell...union underground's second album is just their first.....live....heh...now that's premature

Comment

union underground......that's a synonym for musical abortion.

but hey, I've never got to do the theme song for a weekly pro wrestling show, so who the hell am i?
                          http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

haha i'm not promoting, just using them as an example

Comment

i believe they hold the record for most used cds at CD Spins

Comment

that's a lot of the same 2 cds then....if they even have the live album there....

Comment

Working...
                                X