Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

dredg live album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is amazing news...a LIVE dredg album? with remixes from other artists? and a making of the album? i will eat all of this up ever so quickly. five years of being addicted to dredg has led me to hope for their success more than where i feel they should be (i was definitely protective of dredg, whatever that means)....they were my unknown band that blew everyone else away. now i just want to see them continue to make music and be merry.
    words always ebbing, never flowing

Comment

Originally posted by evasivetear
      i want them to succeed more than i want them to be my own little secret favorite band.

shrug....

i know where you're coming from....i really don't want to deal with a bunch of nu-metal heads at dredg shows......but i already do have to deal with em.....so....whatever really. the larger the fan-base, the better for the band....and we should want them to have that so they'll be happy with continuing to touch people with their music.....the more people they touch, the more touring they'll do, and the more chances we'll get to see em live.

again....shrug....
      Yeah, I actually totally agree with you too... I want dredg to become the most successful band of all time. It's just always a dangerous thing for me to watch a band break into new categories as far as fan base, because lets say Matroshka was a break out hit and a bunch of the younger TRL crowd caught on to it. You can pretty much bet that their record label would be down their throats to make another catchy follow up single. And I'd hate to see a great band like dredg lose creative control, even if it's just a little bit, over their work just because the label sees dollar signs. I think that's why dredg has been fortunate thus far as far as their music creating and the label goes. I mean they had enough controll to make an album with the title track that was sort of a "fuck off" to the label.

I guess I just want dredg to make it and "to be all the dredg they can be".
      Originally posted by Ars Sycro
      I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

i completely understand where you're coming from. as i see it, the same sorta of thing happened to incubus....

i still enjoy some of the material they've put out since science/make yourself......but your joking yourself if you don't see a bit of "drive" and "stellar" in a majority of their new songs....

i don't want that to happen to dredg, but if it ever does, i'll always have the old stuff and the live shows....
        Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
        you're pretty narcissistic
        enjoy that, nobody else does.
        Originally posted by Madklikor
        You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Haha...look, i made theprp.com

"According to a fan who spoke with the band at a recent "Taste Of Chaos" stop, dredg look to be planning to record a live album at one of their upcoming shows with Ours. The effort is also expected to feature some high profile remixes along with some rare material, plus a DVD documenting the making of the groups latest album "Catch Without Arms". No official announcement has been made by the band as of yet however."
          http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

I want dredg to get a large fanbase too, but I just wish that they could have popularity among the right kind of people. A cool thing about dredg is that the people, like you guys, who listen to them know music, are intelligent, and fully appreciate the majesty of their work. Its great that I can share these guys with the right type of people, like you guys. Them getting more popular and bringing in some metalheads will be a good thing, but a bad thing as well. Their will just be too many ignorant people listening to them that take them for granted and don't understand or grasp what they are doing and what we the fans who've been with them through thick and thin are trying to do.

For example, Tool is one of my fav bands, but I really truly hate most of their pretty large fanbse, . Their are too many white trash hicks, goths, and just plain stupid unitelligent people that listen to them. At a dredg concert, the crowd is diverse, intelligent, and appreciative. At a tool concert, most (but not all) of the fans seem to be into the music for all the wrong reasons.

I know several people who Im somewhat friends with who got into dredg by CWOA and they are just sooo ignorant and stupid when it comes to music, that I hate sharing this amazing band with them. Their the kind of people that will hear a couple songs by an artist, declare them their favorite band ever, go buy like three shirts by the artist to show off that they listen to that band, then when you ask them what their favorite song is they cant even name you the actuall names of the songs, they don't know anything about the artists themselves, they only listen to the popular stuff by them not everything, then they ruin experiences at concerts and such because there are so many of them moshing or not actually listening to the music, and then you just want it to be back at the times like now when you see dredg in an arena that holds about 1000 people... people who truly appreciate and respect and admire dredg... and you had a strong connection with the band that wasnt cheapened by these stupid people, and you were able to share the band with really really great people who are nothing like the previous mentioned people.

Whooo ummmm rant...

I just want dredg to get as popular as they can with the right type of fanbase. I know all that kindof sounded selfish and everything, but I think you guys can understand what I mean. I just cant get a connection with a band like i have with dredg if their just soo popular with a stupid ignorant fanbase. Like tool, who are musically one of my fav bands, but I just cant get that connection due to the fact of the people I have to share it with. I hate stupid ignorant people.

Im not saying that everyone will be like the people i meantioned, or that all of Tool listeners are like that (Some of the coolest people I know are Tool freaks, and lots of you guys listen to Tool and you all rule), just with massive popularity comes those people.

Sorry for the long post, I've been holding that in for a while and it just exploded out.

Does anybody feel this way too? I'm kindof wondering if this is normal, or if I truly am selfish.
            His names BentTwig... He's not right... in the head.

<-----that's me and the fam

Comment

Originally posted by BentTwig
              then when you ask them what their favorite song is they cant even name you the actuall names of the songs,
              Is that some sort of faux pas? I can't think of a single album I could name every song on. Well, maybe Ziggy Stardust.

Comment

re: dredg live album

see...i peronally don't care what the fanbases are like. as in, you have to realize that everyone's perception of music might be different from yours or whatever... for instance, some kid may listen to (insert band here) for pure entertainment or he/she may listen to them because they're an aspiring musician and they feel the music deep down and it moves them to construct something of his/her own. Neither one of those are better reasons than the other. And if you think one is, that's elitism.

i guess as long as the music still fulfills my personal expectations, it's good and all well to me. when it gets down to it, i try really hard not to worry about what it does for others on a personal level. it's too hard to keep up with. lol.

just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by noclevername
                  Haha...look, i made theprp.com

"According to a fan who spoke with the band at a recent "Taste Of Chaos" stop, dredg look to be planning to record a live album at one of their upcoming shows with Ours. The effort is also expected to feature some high profile remixes along with some rare material, plus a DVD documenting the making of the groups latest album "Catch Without Arms". No official announcement has been made by the band as of yet however."
                  that's awesome, congrats for breaking the big news!

it's crazy how much info those guys pull from this board, but it's good, 'cause usually the info around here is pretty reliable!
                  Originally posted by kata rokkar
                  Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

Serj Tankian of System of a Down is working on a remix of Ode to The Sun

uhhh. *barf :?

Comment

^ agreed.
                      - -- --- ----

Comment

Please no barfing. Look what your barfing caused this guy to do.

Comment

i officially dig this thread. quick! someone find a dancing bear and something on fire!
                          http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

please don't say fire either. Fire burns my people. Fire burns me. My worst enemy... fire... and zah

Comment

that zah zing came out of no where. nice work
                              Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
                              you're pretty narcissistic
                              enjoy that, nobody else does.
                              Originally posted by Madklikor
                              You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

ha... zah zing. ying yang,. ping pong. king kong. Cheech Chong. Putt Putt

Comment

Working...
                                X