Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

dredg live album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dredg live album

pulled this from my thread in tour talk...thought'd it'd be easier for those damn noobs to find here....

There's a live dredg album coming out after the headlining tour with Ours. The last show of that tour will be recorded. I think Drew said Stone By Stone will be on it in some form, but then came a shocker. Serj Tankian of System of a Down is working on a remix of Ode to The Sun, while Dan the Automator (Gorillaz, Lovage) is remixing SangReal. A DVD with the making of CWOA will probably also be with it.

All of this came directly from Drew at Taste of Chaos last night. Begin pining.[/b]
    http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

:shock:

Comment

awesome news. very awesome news
      Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
      you're pretty narcissistic
      enjoy that, nobody else does.
      Originally posted by Madklikor
      You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Originally posted by evasivetear
        awesome news. very awesome news

dito

Comment

Wow, that sounds bad ass. I can't wait to hear what the Dan the Automator remix sounds like. I really don't know what to think about Serj doing Ode though. That one's either going to be really good or REALLY REALLY bad....

Thanks for the heads up...
          Originally posted by Ars Sycro
          I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Dang. That's righteous. Thanks for sharing the news, NCN. Definitely something to (anxiously) look forward to . . .

Comment

hey thanks for the news!! hooray for live album!! personally i'm not a huge fan of rock remixes . . . but sometimes they're good, so we will see!
              Originally posted by kata rokkar
              Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

serji doing a remix is a good thing.....cause system has a lot more fans than dredg...so a fan of serji may check out dredg if they hear about this remix.

that's how i look at it at least....

Comment

Yeah, but do really want to have a bunch of system of a down/disturbed/linkin park/crap fans to become dredg fans?!?!

Maybe I'm just being arrogant and selfish.

[sidenote]
                  I'm a system of a down fan... Just not a fan of their general fanbase for noted reasons above.
                  [/sidenote]
                  Originally posted by Ars Sycro
                  I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

it feels really good to break big news like that....i asked what Serj was doing with Ode, and he said Serj told him he wanted to take the rock and roll out of it and take it somewhere else, but leave it the same essentially....I think Drew kind of thought that defeated the purpose of having a "remix". But yeah, it was an awesome time, and i was kind of honored that Drew dropped that on me....i had to make sure and ask if I could put that out on here.

BYOB

Comment

Originally posted by One Second Clubber
                      Yeah, but do really want to have a bunch of system of a down/disturbed/linkin park/crap fans to become dredg fans?!?!

Maybe I'm just being arrogant and selfish.
                      Yes, you are being arrogant and selfish. I'm probably being a prick for pointing that out, but so be it. I happen to be a fan of all three of those bands and several other "mainstream" bands. Now, I personally believe that dredg is home to better musicians and songwriters, but that doesn't mean that I think any less of the musicianship of System of a Down or Linkin Park.

You don't have to like the music, but don't rip into the fans.

Personally, I'd much rather have a huge mass of converts from SOAD or Disturbed, because that'll boost dredg's sales. In turn, the support will open Interscope's eyes even more, which will mean dredg touring with better bands in more widespread locations (although the current lineup with Ours is pretty frickin' sweet).

And you what the end result of all that is? It allows the fans that have been there with dredg for years to go to shows either in or closer to their hometown than they ones the band is able to visit now.

If it takes a slew of converts from mainstream bands to bring dredg to Western Pennsylvania on a headlining tour, then more power to the converts. At least they recognize good music.
                      A one track mind in a one way town
                      Let's go ahead and gentrify
                      We let art die with robot minds
                      Steal the brush and paint boundary lines

Comment

Best dredg news I've heard in a while..

Thanks ncn..

Not sure how I feel about an Ode remix, since I'm not at all a fan of SOAD, or remixes in general, but live album? Hell Yea!
                        - -- --- ----

Comment

sounds like a plan.

Comment

i want them to succeed more than i want them to be my own little secret favorite band.

shrug....

i know where you're coming from....i really don't want to deal with a bunch of nu-metal heads at dredg shows......but i already do have to deal with em.....so....whatever really. the larger the fan-base, the better for the band....and we should want them to have that so they'll be happy with continuing to touch people with their music.....the more people they touch, the more touring they'll do, and the more chances we'll get to see em live.

again....shrug....

Comment

re: dredg live album

i know where you're coming from....i really don't want to deal with a bunch of nu-metal heads at dredg shows......but i already do have to deal with em.....so....whatever really. the larger the fan-base, the better for the band....and we should want them to have that so they'll be happy with continuing to touch people with their music.....the more people they touch, the more touring they'll do, and the more chances we'll get to see em live.
                              quoted for truth. i agree wholeheartedly, evasive. it was incredibly cool to see a large crowd of people enjoying something I hold in such high regard, regardless of what I personally thought of a lot of those people or their tast in music. Kinda makes you think there are intelligent people still out there. If it wasn't for our impending planetary doom, it would almost be enough to give someone hope.

i too, will shrug.

"shrug"

BYOB

Comment

Working...
                              X